Chapter (216) How could a Sadhak be a friend or an enemy to hisown self ?

How could a Sadhak be a friend or an enemy to his own self? 

Manu Maharaj says in Manu Smruti as :

SHUBHASHUBHAFALAM KARMA MANOVAGYEASAMBHAVAM I KARMAJA GATAYO NANAMUTTAMADHAMAMADHYAM : II (12/3)

Every living bares the fruits of his own karma.A person gets the best, better and good fortune according to his good deeds and the worst ,worse and bad fortune according to his bad karma or sin by mind, speech or body.A person enjoys good and bad fruits of his mental karma by his mind, he suffers from fruits of his speech by his own tongue and he has to bare fruits of his bad deeds by body by his own body.When he does bad deeds by his body he gets birth as trees and mountains.When he hurts or blames somebody by his speech , he gets next birth as animals and birds and when he thinks ill of others by his mind, he has to take next birth in low caste of the society according to MANU SMRUTI Hence every Sadhak should try to keep silence to avoid hurting anybody by speech, he has to observe that to control his mind and he has to do Pranayam and control all the five vayus inside his body to avoid sins done by body and senses.When a Sadhak misuse his speech , he kills knowledge and science,when a person thinks ill of others , he hinders his own path of uccess and face obstacles and when he does sinful deeds by his body he can destroy the whole planet.

Hence it is essential that a Sadhak should not drags himself into the bog of sin. He should remain detached to the worldly objects. He should not give importance to any worldly objects or persons or kriyas.He shouls be independent of everything and everybody.He should not think himself as a boss of anybody or a servant of anybody.He should not be depended on anything. When a person gives importance to his wealth, property, position or status in the society .What would be considered as the great or important in his life, his own self or the perishable position of the society or wealth and prosperity? When a person gives importance to the worldly things, persons and knows more than his own real inner self , he is sure to see downfall in his life .But it is astonishing that a person when gets power and position wealth and prosperity, support of family and friends and thinks himself as the great achiever but actually he is dependent on them .

PITAMATA BHRATA PRIYASAHACHARI SOONU NIVAHA:
SUHYAT SWAMI MADYATKARI BHATARATHASHCHA: PARIKARA: I
NIMAJJANTAM JANTUM NARAKKUHARE RAKSHITUM
GURO DHAROADHARMAM PRAKATANAPARAT KOAPI NA PARA: II
A person should know that all his relations and instruments of entertainment of senses are enough sources to drag him into the hell of birth and death as father , mother, brother, wife, sons, friends, boss, powerfully proud elephants, warriors, chariots and horses etc. but only GURu can save and protect him from this illusion of cycle of sansar, birth and death by imparting him knowledges of religion and no relation or sin.Guru is considered as BRAHMA, the creator, VISHNU the protector and Shankar the destroyer. Guru is a swaroop of ParamBrahma but if a Sadhak or pupil has no faith how can Guru provide him help on the way to salvation? A Sadhak has to have fallen in words of Guru, he has to follow his Guru's path and he has to believe Guru with total surrenderance. Then only Guru can help him on the way of self deliverance. Hence Lord Shri Krishna says that you are your best friend and you can be your enemy. There is nothing in this world that can do anything wrong to our innerself or harm us except our own thoughts, our own deeds and our own behavior with others. Our body and senses, mind and intellect cannot do anything wrong if we do not alow them to do. It is a question of our own choice in selecting the right or wrong path. If we create relations wwith perishable things and give importance to them, we have to perish one day according to the rule of nature but if we do efforts for self realization, create relation with truth and the real substance, we can cherish our life on earth and enjoy ecstasy after death in the unification of Paramatma. It is our own choice that makes us our own friend or our own enemy.

We have to select our upliftment or our downfall bu remaining attached either to Paramatma or Sansae.We have not been detached to our childhood but when time changes we have to abandon childhood and accept youth.When we create new relation and attachment with youth our relation with childhood automatically ends.Nobody desires old age but we have to abandon youth one day and accept the old age.When we accept our old age , our relations to youth ends automatically. It shows that we are only responsible for creating our relationand abandoning our relation with Prakruti,nature which is changeable.we can select to create relation with eternity.If we want to do efforts for self deliverance.We have to decide it as early as possible because our relation with our body and senses is moving torward death every moment.

MATAPITRU SAHASTRANI PUTRADARASHATANICHAI TAVANANTANI YATANI KAYATE KASYA VA BHAVAN II

We have been gifted by human birth due to past good deeds. We have thousands of parents and hundreds of wives and sons and daughters in our various birth.Who remains with us forever ! Who is our own relative forever?No person has remembered his past life. He cannot keep any relation with his past birth. His future is uncertain.Present is passing by every moment from his hand from how can we hold anything any person, any situation forever with us.When a person abandons his body all his worries related with his family and friends, dynasty and character ends. Just as a raw pot of sand cannot hold water and it oozes from it drop by drop till the last drop .Our body is moving forward to death with the hands of clock every moment.our friends, family and things our sources of entertainment and our property are instrument to entertainment our senses but when death occupies our body , we have to abandon everything.Hence Lord Shri Krishna advises to be our own friend Paramatma is there.Guru is ready to help. Knowledge is waiting for good pupil and we have capability and power, strength and potentialities to absorb it we cannot do it because of our attachment to happiness through our body and senses.If we abandon desires of happiness from perishable things and sansar , persons and kriyas , we can enjoy ecstasy with Paramatma.

AATMANAM BHAVAYENNITYAM GYANEN VINAYEN CHA I
MA PUNA BHRIRYAMANASYA PASHCHATAPO BHAVISHYATI II
A Sadhak should think about self deliverance with his awakened consciousness and knowledge of Brahma so that he would not feel sorry or regrer when he has to abandon his body i.e. he has to die. Then how to win over own self? OPr how to be steadu within or realished self deliverance ?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna...