Chapter (68)How could a Sadhak get peace of mind forever?

(68)

How could a Sadhak get peace of mind forever?

 Lord Krishna explains Arjun that you try to be a karma yogi and think about the welfare of others. You don’t think about sin or no sin you don’t think about retreating from the battle field. You don’t think about the consequences of war and don’t worry about life and death on the battle field. You are not a ‘karta’ .You are given your role as a kshyatriya and it is your destined karma to protect your subjects from the unjust rule of Kauravas. When you utilize your power and strength, your skills of archery and capabilities of defeating enemies only to get your kingdom back or to get revenge over your cousins or for any selfish purpose and motive, you would not get peace of mind. You can have peace of mind only when you utilize every things, your strengths and skills in the services of mankind.

        O dear Arjun! Lord Krishna says,” When you do your karma for your own selfish motive or self-betterment only, you are going to be attached with Sansar and bondage of karma would give you pain or gain. Your expectations about reward or your fear of failures is because of your attachments to the Sansar and relations. But when you think that I am not doing anything for my selfish interest but I am performing my role as destined by my karma. I am not the real doer or karta of this karma. Your relations with materialist things of the world and relations with all the people and livings on the earth would be cut off when you could cut off the relations totally .You would be able to provide selfless services to the world without having burden of karta,without being worried about its consequences and without having pride and ego.

When you consider that everything is given to you in the form of resources; is for the service of mankind, your selfish interest would be vanished. All the resources and all the power and strength are given to you as a ‘chosen’ by your destined karma. When nothing is yours, you need not worry about pain or gain, failures or success and victory or defeat, sin or no-sin. You are upset because you consider everything as yours. Really speaking even your body and senses, your mind and intellect, your skills and your capabilities are given to you for the welfare of mankind. You are a puppet of your destined karma. The strings are in my hands. I am the director of this world’s show and every character on this stage of earth acts according to my wish. When a slaughter cut off head of the criminal, the order is given by the judge. Only a slaughter’s hands have to perform their role. If a criminal is not guilty or if he is an innocent person, the judge who gives the wrong judgment has to be punished by the God and not the slaughter. The slaughter is neither responsible for the wrong or right deeds nor considered as a murderer. When you accept this, you will be able to perform your role successfully and properly.

Arjun! It is your duty to give your best performance on this stage of the world. When you consider your body and senses, your power and strength as yours, you want to use them for your betterment. But when you think that you are not going to get the desired or expected outcome from that karma either you want to avoid that karma or you do arguments in the name of religion and sin, no sin. Inwardly it is because of getting adverse result or defeat and loss from that karma. When nothing is yours, you could not be winner or loser. You are an actor and hence you have to perform your role in the best possible manner. Again when you do not want to do your karma, you becomes lazy and this laziness or avoidance of karma give you happiness in rest  but this type of ‘rest’ gives TAMAS type of happiness. But when you are not a Tamas person but a person following substance of ‘SATVA’, how could you get involved in this type of laziness?

Generally we observe that every Sadhak did not want to do any karma. A Sadhak wants to do meditation and he wants to remains busy in pondering about truth and God. To think about welfare or to ponder about Almighty’s mysterious way to get Salvation or self realization is the right way for a Sadhak but it is not a ‘Principle.’ Hence a Sadhak should do karma, activities for the welfare of others to avoid activities and to do nothing is not justified by the Bhagavat Gita. The only way to get salvation is by performing your role and a duty in the best possible manner is emphasized by Lord Krishna.

Because to do any activity or not to do any activity, is a question of nature and not about ‘form’. Unless one reaches the highest peak of meditation and becomes free from all the activities, as no Sadhak could remain free from doing any activities. All the kriyas as seeing, speaking, walking, listening, standing, seating, sleeping or remaining unconscious or keep quiet and to do meditation in Samadhi are natural activities. All the kriyas are natural. Samadhi is also a one type of karma. There are two stages in Samadhi. Samadhi and Vyuthan. When a Sadhak do meditation, he arises upward and his relations with the five elements of nature are abolished. He could reach’Sahaj Samadhi’ Natural Meditation automatically. He would never feel retreating or arising because ‘Sahajavstha’is a nature of ‘form’ during meditation, it is not related with body and senses made of five elements. Activities or no activity is related with body and senses. It is not related with ‘Eternal form –soul’.

Now, let’s understand what should a Sadhak choose to do activity or to not to do any activities?