Chapter (135 )Who can know the real substance of karma?

(135 )

Who can know the real substance of karma?

Rishi Bhavbhuti writes in UTTAR RAMCHARIT :

LAUKIKANAM HI SADHUNAMARTHAM VAGANUVARTATE I

RUSHINAM PUNARADHANAM VACHAMARTHOANUDHAVATI II

Generally common people like our Sadhus and gentle persons of the society think twice about the meaning of a word and a sentence and then they speak loudly but whatever our RISHIMUNIS say 'meanings follow the words and sentences of their speech'. Because these sages' lives are mirrors of their speech. Their speech is the message of their exemplary life as they live in front of the society and the people.

YASTESHAM SWAIRKATHA TA AEV BHAVANTI SHASTRANI

Hence in our Upanishada our great Rishis are honored as true poets.

KAVIRMANISHI PARIBHU: SWAYAMBHU:

A person whoever tries to improve the wrong of society into right, a person who suffers from pain and sorrow, who sees his society and people unhappy and tries to protect the society, state, people and culture. The great poet Kalidas in his RAGHUVANSHAM writes about them as :

SA BABHUVA DURASAD: PARAIRGURUNARTHAVAVIDA KRUTAKRIYA: I

PAVANANIGNI SAMAGAMO HYAYAM SAHITAM BRAHMA YADSTRATEJASA II

Guru Vashistha who was having knowledge of Atharvaveda when performed the holy coronation for the throne of the king AJA ,he becomes so powerful that all his enemies were trembling out of fear because when the power and strength of Kshyatriya mingled with the power of the knowledge of Brahma , king AJA became as strong as fire that becomes more powerful when accompanied by wind. Here Lord Krishna is blessing Arjun with that power of knowledge. In the same way Duryodhan and Rawan too have the power of knowledge but Duryodhan is a symbol of pondering on useless things throughout his life and Rawan was busy in accumulating perishable wealth and power throughout his life. Here Lord Ram is considered as a tree and Rishi Vashistha is the root of that tree of knowledge. Hence who is considered as a real scholar according to Lord Krishna? –Let's understand.

Lord Krishna explains Arjun the root cause of karma. When a person thinks about anything VISHAY, he would naturally remember them frequently and he would think that , that thing is nice, I can use that thing for me, That thing could give me happiness and more satisfaction' and these thoughts create his 'DETERMINATION to get that thing. SANKALP but if a person thinks that 'This thing is harmful to me, it's not fair to have this thing for my use or I have to suffer or face problems if I get involved in this thing', he would try to avoid that thing or avoid doing any karma for that thing. This is known as VIKALP excuses. Our intellect always faces dilemma between this Sankalp and Vikalpa , to do or not to do. When we overcome from Vikalp , we think that 'we must have that thing ' and then we desire to get that thing and decide our karma and determine our intention and put total concentration to get that thing. This is known as KAMANA , the DESIRE. A karma yogi is a Sadhak who can overcome both of Sankalpa and Vikalp hence he could abandon desire and all his karma becomes free from the desire to get anything.

Our determination to get things and desire both are the seeds of our karma. When we can free our self from desire and determination to do any karma and to get those things, our karma would not create any bondage for us. Hence a karma yogi remains detached from the desire of fruits and he could do karma for the welfare of others. Here Lord Krishna advises Arjun to abandon everything, Sankalp, Vikalp, desires and determination, attachments, pride and ego as a doer.

Our body is a vehicle. There is four position or stages of a vehicle. The first stage when we do not move a vehicle and keep it in our garage, engine would not start nor would the wheels of the vehicle move a little. The second stage is when we apply key and start vehicle, the engine would start but still the wheels would not move. The third stage is when the engine starts and the wheels too move and in the fourth stage whenever we see slop, we shut down the engine but the wheels are still moving on the road. In the same way a human being also passes through four stages. The first stage when there is neither desire to get anything nor intention to do any karma for it. The second stage when a person has desire to get something but he is still inactive and no karma is done. The third stage is shown when a person has desire and he tries to do karma to fulfill his desires and the fourth stage is shown when a person has no desire but karma would go on automatically and continuously. For A vehicle the fourth stage is the best stage because when engine is stopped and wheels are still moving, the vehicle has got speed .It means a driver can save petrol and he could go forward on the road to reach his destination. In the same way the best stage for a karma yogi is the fourth stage when he desires nothing but his 'Kartavya Karma Yagna' goes on continuously and automatically. Lord Krishna says that 'This Sadhak is considered as a SCHOLAR even by the knowledgeable persons.

A karma yogi does his karma easily and naturally without any difficulty and without tiredness but totally enthusiastically because he does not desire any fruit from that karma. Here to do kartavya karma is a PRAVRUTI and to start a new karma all the time with the expectation of BHOG AND SANGRAH for entertainment of our body and senses and accumulation of wealth and worldly property is AARAMBHA ; a starting . The second thing is that a karma yogi does all those karma those are in coordination with Shastra. He never does any karma to hurt or harm anybody or to damage and destroy anything e.g. forbidden by Shastra.

Then how can a karma yogi overcome from the bondage of his karma?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna....