Chapter (200)How can a Sadhak achieve accomplishment ?

How can a Sadhak achieve accomplishment in the achievement of the real substance i. e. Paramatma?

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in his Vivek chudamani as :

DEHADIVISANSAKTIMATO NA MUKTIRMUKTASYA DEHADHABHIMATYA BHAVA: I

SUPTASYA NO JAGARANAM NA JAGRATA: SVAPNASTAYORBHINNA GUNASHRAYATVAT II (338)

A sadhak who is still attached to his body and senses, mind and intellect would never see liberation and whoever finds salvation would never have any attachment to his body and senses because both are contradictory in nature. Soul that is awakened has no sleep or dream and who is sleeping would never feel awakening or self realization. Whoever thinks about the worldly Padarth and relation situated inside and outside of his soul and remain detached from them can experience self realization. To see the whole world situated in his own inner self and think that no karma is the greatest karma except to feel Atma and Paramatma as one ; can find liberation but whoever thinks his body as his soul and remains indulge in outer worldly subjects and does kriyas, to fulfill his desires of getting everything under his control would never experience inner self realization .Hence whoever abandons all the religious rituals and karma and remains steady in his own soul, whoever tries to experience ecstasy in his own inner self would experience self realization.

Anything except Paramatma is the outer subject. Hence a Sadhak should abandon all the Padarth outside and he should try to concentrate his eye sight in the middle of his eye brows and he should try to balance Pran and Apan Vayu equally in his nostrils and he should try to control his body and senses, mind and intellect under his control and he should try only for Salvation. A Sadhak who remains detached to desires, fear and anger totally is known as Muni and he could find the right path of liberation as it is said:

SHANTO DANTA UAPARATASTITIKSHU: SHRADDHAVITTO BHUTVA AATMANYEVATMANAM PASHYET I (Bru. 4/4/23)

Shruti says that everything is within our own soul. When a Sadhak listens to the sayings of Shruti and tries to follow them through meditation he feels SHANTI DANTA; .Even the powerful Pandit and Scholars cannot control their pride and ego immediately because they become steady with the help of meditation and unalterable Samadhi but the force of lust and passions, greed and desires is boundless and it emerges every now and then on the way of meditation or salvation as an obstacle. The power of enveloping human mind and intellect always become difficult to conquer for anybody. Even a Sadhak who sees milk and water as separate liquid cannot have control over them unless a Sadhak remains cautious and alert and does not allow his soul and his sub consciousness to get disturbed by this illusion frequently. The awakened consciousness makes a Sadhak realize the unification of Paar and Apaar i. e. BRAHMA and soul and the jungle of ignorance is put on the fire of knowledge. When the seed of ignorance get burnt totally how can the illusion of duality fascinate a Sadhak repeatedly?

To abandon outer things outside means not to even think about the worldly pleasures. A Karma yogi tries to abandon attachment to sansar through 'serving others' and a Gyan yogi tries to abandon attachment to sansar through his awakened consciousness i.e. knowledge of real substance. Here Lord Shri Krishna advises to remain detached to sansar with the help of DHYAN YOGA .When a Sadhak practices Dhyan yoga , he thinks only about the swaroop of Paramatma in his meditation and he can easily remain indifferent to all the worldly outer Padarth. Actually speaking outer things and relations do not create bondage but a bondage is created by attachment and so called fake relations with sansar but when a Sadhak practices meditation , he becomes indifferent to sansar and worldly Padarth.

When a Sadhak tries to practice meditation he gets confused about opening and closing of eyes. If he keeps his eyes open, visible outer objects and scenes would distracted his meditation .This is known as VIKSHEP DOSHA and if he closes his eyes while he is practicing meditation , he would feel sleepy. This is known as JAP DOSHA .Hence Lord Shri Krishna suggests a Sadhak that we should try to close his eyes in half and open in half and tries to see the middle part of his own eyebrows to concentrate himself in the meditation. When a Sadhak exhales air through his nostril, it is known as PRAN VAYU and when he inhales air through nostrils in his body, it is known as Apan Vayu. The speed of Pran vayu is long in duration and Apan VAyu is short in duration. Lord Shri Krishna advices a Sadhak to practice and control the speed of both Pran and Apan Vayu in equal duration and speed. A Sadhak has to inhale Apan Vayu through his left nostril first of all and then he has to exhale pran Vayu to make them equal in speed and duration. If a Sadhak practices this inhalation of Apan Vayu and exhalation of Pran vayu through left nostril he would be about to control Apan Vayu in equal speed and for regular duration and in cool and minute form. When A Sadhak cannot feel the touch of air into his nostrils' outside and inside his throat, he should understand that the speed of Pran and Apan Vayu is now under control and equal in speed and now he can concentrate on Paramatma through his mind and intellect. This is essential in Dhyan Yoga that a Sadhak can control over Pranayam as :

BHIYATE HRADAYAGRANTHI: CHHIDHANTE SARVASANSHAYA: I KSHIYANTE CHASYA KARMANI TASMIN DRASHTE PARAVARE II

(mundakopanishad 2/2/8)

When a Sadhak experience Darshan of Paramatma in his meditation all his doubts and knots of puzzles about various alternatives paths and different worldly illusion would subside automatically and he would be able to see truth and untruth as separated and he could understand his real self, he would experience self realization and feel total freedom, liberation from sansar and become cool and calm and he could enjoy permanently eternal ecstasy with Paramatma. Every human being has two types of knowledge. One is related with body and senses and the other is known as intellectual power. Mind stays between this two knowledge of senses and knowledge of intellect. A person should recognize the difference between his knowledge of senses over his mind and knowledge related to intellectuality on his mind. The knowledge of senses create 'relation with sansar SAMYOGA and knowledge of intellect influences the fruits of karma done by intellect PARINAM.A person who indulges under the influence of knowledge of senses involves in happiness through perishable things and a person who indulges under the influence of knowledge of fruits of his intellectual karma can abandon sansar and outer Padarth.

NA TESHU RAMATE BUDHA:
(Bhagavat Gita 5/22)

Then how can a Sadhak overcome dilemma created by senses and intellect?

Let's understand from or great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna...