chapter (84) How could we reach our goal ?

(84)

How could we reach our goal with the incomplete sources that we have?

Lord Krishna explains Arjun that the root cause of all the activities is desire to accumulate everything and everybody under our control. Desire can be define as:

Deadly things that increases attachments

Envy & jealousy follow, if unfulfilled

Selfish motive makes a man self centered

Individual remains in the center of all activities

Rationality decreases as greed increases

Ego and pride lead to dishonest misdeeds

Hence you have to control your mind and desire. Lord Krishna explains Arjun that when a Sadhak’s one and only goal is to get Salvation every resources he has with him, things and situations would be only considered as instruments for him .he would not consider his sources as good or bad, complete or incomplete but he would try to utilize everything he has; in the best possible manner for the welfare of others with the only intentions of ‘Giving it back to Almighty’. When a Sadhak surrenders himself to Almighty and offer everything to God and if he still remains attached to those things and relations that he offered to God, he could not achieve Salvation. A sadhak has to offer everything not only in physical terms but whole heartedly to become faithful to God completely. Hence he has to offer god all his senses, attachments and worries about the fruits of his karma.

When a Sadhak performs his kartavya karma he becomes aware of his short comings, defects in nature, incapability and ignorance, attachments and hidden desires. When a Sadhak does meditation he would concentrate himself in God and when he gets success in concentration, he thinks that I have achieved my goal and I can control my unsteady mind. But to control mind forcefully is not the only essential thing on the path of salvation, one has to abandon attachment and desires. A Sadhak can have steadiness or sthitapragnata only when he thinks that this body is not ‘I’. This body is not mine and this body is not for myself’. Then only a Sadhak could do his karma selflessly for others’ welfare. When we want to do something for others or want to help others our ‘pride ‘is automatically demolished.

Arjun wants to do welfare of others but he did not want to perform his duty kartavya as a kshatriya and try to avoid war. Lord Krishna explains him that you could not achieve liberation or welfare unless you fulfill your duty as a protector of your subjects (PRAJA) .You have to achieve salvation through your karma yoga only. Because if you do not do your karma you could not know your defects and shortcomings for example when we do some work as a service to the needy and people appreciate it we would be pleased and if they find faults in our services we feel anger and our interest in providing services to them further would be distracted. This is not just. It shows our defects. Hence any person who wants to get salvation should follow the way of karma yoga. He may be from any Varna, any Aashram or any caste and class but if he serves with all his potentialities, body and senses, mind and intellect, resources and instrument ’others’ selflessly without having any pride of ‘karta’ and ego of possession, ownership by offering all his karma to me he could be eligible for salvation .Every Sadhak should perform his kartavya with complete faith in me and in my words. When we have doubt in God’s words we cannot offer him all our karma whole heartedly. when we offer all our karma whether they are in complete and improper, God would accept it if we offer them with faith in him because all the virtues as truth, good manners, kindness and forgivefulness, mercy and helpful nature are given to us by God and in the same way all the vices and defects are also given by god. When we think them as ‘Ours’ it would create ‘Pride’ and ‘Ego’ and that is considered as an Aasuri Sampati.

When we forget that nothing is ours and everything is given to us by God. The idea of ownership over things and relations create bondage of birth and death. We forget that God is ours mentor and we think about our things and relations all the time .A Sadhak may believe it or not but he has to offer everything to God as God is the only ‘owner’ of everything. Not a single person is of value but the principles have values to be followed and maintained .All the Rishis, philosophers and Gurus may have differences in their opinions about the form of God and paths to attain salvation but the basic principles are one and the same for all the mentors and for all the religions but because opinions may be different but the principles are always uniform and the same. But whoever could not trust them and have no faith would surely fall into the bog of ignorance which would lead him to the cycle of birth and death repeatedly.

But if any person does not believe in God’s rules or principles or laws and try to find out faults in them they are ignorant and lost people from the path of Salvation. When a person thinks that how could one do karma without any desire to get in return or how is it possible to abandon attachment with relatives or things under our possession or how could it be possible to abandon jealousy and envy forever ,it means that he has no faith in God’s words. The people who are interested in accumulating wealth and want to entertain their body and senses through the instruments they have and do kama to satisfy their wish and desire ,do not follow the path of God. These types of people remain under illusion of every kind of Arts and knowledge. They remain busy in investigation and research, inventions, discovery and learning skills and art of making car, air plane, radio, Tele vision, Robot, building skyscrapers, learning mantra, tantra and Yantra. They remain busy in learning different languages and alphabets and script, traditions and customs,variety of food preparation and their goals are to get complete knowledge of the desired field .These types of people are not interested in truth untruth, religion- non religion, bondage and salvation of Soul .They are not having any knowledge about real substance of life or soul. They live like animals and deals with hopes and fears ,useless karma and non sensible activities throughout their lives. These types of people could find way of salvation before death if they remain in the company of Guru and obey the orders and follow the right path. But if they could not abandon jealousy and envy, they would be under the bondage of karma because a person does all his karma driven by jealousy and envy falls into birth in lower categories of animals and insects, birds and mosquitoes. Hence Lord advises Arjun to have faith in him and get salvation. Whoever believes in God, Find ‘love’ of God and whoever believes in orders of God and find salvation.

Let’s learn why a person falls into the bog of rebirth by disobeying God’s path of karma?