Chapter (194)Why do we feel sleepy in the company of satsang?

(194)

Why do we feel sleepy in the company of saints and satsang?

Our Subhashitani says as :

KULINAI: SAH SAMPARKA PANDITAI: SAH MITRATAM I
GYATIBHISHCHA SAMAM NEKAM KURVANO NA VINASHYATI: II

When a person remains attached to gentle persons, when he becomes friends of saints, when he behaves nicely with his family and members of the society , he could never be destroyed by anybody but why do we not enjoy the company of good people? The answer is; we are attached to sansar and interested in the entertainment of our senses, our mind loves to enjoy all the instruments and sources of entertainment but our awaken consciousness tries to stop us. Hence whenever we listen to good sayings, we feel dizziness and sleepy because the relaxation under the SLEEP fascinates our senses and our awakened consciousness push us to remain steady in the company of saint. This creates dilemma and contradiction in our mind and it becomes the cause of sorrow. This type of sorrow is created by GUNAVRUTI VIRODH because our heart longs for the company of good and mind thinks that 'Let's enjoy the life as it is not going to give us the second chance. 'In the same way awakened sub consciousness also push us towards SATSANG and says us to enjoy company of saints and tries to do efforts for self realization because we have given birth as a human being and we have to do efforts in this human life only for salvation. To have sources and instruments to entertain our body and senses are not under our own control because we have to depend on our fate or luck which is based on our past good or bad deeds. But we can do efforts to achieve salvation in this human birth only. No man in this world has the same luck and enjoys equal sources of entertainment in life. Even the children of one parent have to suffer from different situations in life according to their past deeds but everybody can do effort for self realization. We cannot have equal sources to entertain our body and senses but we have given equal rights to try for self realization. It is not true that only saints or Rishi Munis can get Salvation by doing JAP, TAP, DHYAN etc. We can also do efforts to get Salvation with the help of Sat Guru and Saint .When we listen to Saint, we feel peace of mind. A good orator is a saint .He can make us enjoy good guidance for self realization.

VAGMI VYASSAMASVIT PRIYAKATHA: PRASTAVAVIT SATYAVAK
SANDEHCHCCHI DASHESH SHASTRE KUSHALO NAKHYATI VIKSHEPAKRUT I

AVYANGO JANARAJJARAKO JITSABHO NAHAMKRUTO DHARMIK: SANTOSHITI CHATURYASHOTTAM GUNA VAKTU: PRAVITA EME II
The knowledgeable orator is a scholar like VYAS. He is smart and speaks words which make everybody feel blessed. He knows how to start saying sukta or conveying messages of religion, he speaks only truth. He can make his listener free from doubts. His speech is admired by people as he pleases them with wonderful speech .He can win over assembly. He is expert in Shasta. He can keep silence when he finds his listener in disturbing situation. He never uses sarcastic words for anybody. He is free from pride and ego. He has knowledge of religion and he is full of contentment but when we feel sleepy while we are listening to him , he stops saying anything that is because of our attachment to the worldly things and persons and when our sub conscious remains eager to listen to good sayings but our senses drag us to the worldly things and hence we feel dizziness while we are listening to any preaching's of saints.

Every entertainment of senses is the root cause of all sorrows and pain in life. We feel happiness when we entertain our senses but in reality of life it becomes the cause of sorrow. Hence when common person sees happiness in entertainment of senses, a knowledgeable person considers it as a root of clashes and conflicts. Hence he does not enslave to them. A knowledgeable person knows that all the worldly things and relations give happiness on meeting and pain on parting with them. Hence he tries to abandon desires. This knowledge makes him scholar but when a person knowing well all the worldly things as perishable and ends in decay and destruction cannot abandon the desire to get them; creates unhappiness. He involves in them for the whole life in collecting wealth, running after power and beloved, he does not give importance to the true knowledge of real substance. Our Shubhashitani says as:

VAPU: KUBJIBHUTAM GATIRAPI TATHA YASHTISHARAN
VISHIRNO DANTALI: SHRAVANVIKALAM SHROTRA YUGALAM I
SHIRA: SHUKLAM CHAKSHUSTIMIRAPATALAIRAVRUTAMAHO
MANO ME NIRLAJYAM TADAPI VISHAYEBHYA: SPRUHYATI II

"Body becomes bended, movement of organs becomes slow, now walking stick is needed for movement. Teeth are dropped, listening abilities of ears is decreased, hair changed to white from black, eye sights become weak and then also OH! My shameless mind! You desire to entertain my body and senses." When anybody knows that he is moving forward to the old age, his desires to entertain his senses does not decreases as he gives importance to the temporary things in life. He should think;" if I desire happiness only, can I get it? And if I do not desire sorrow in life, am I authorized to avoid it?" We cannot get happiness if we desire it or we cannot avoid facing sorrow even if we do not want it. The root cause of sorrow is the desire to be happy in life.

It's is a wonderful thing about entertaining senses that when we entertain our senses in one way and be happy, we would be fed up by it after sometime and desire to have enjoyment though it is vanished after some time. It is also true about the company of desired beloved, prestigious post in society or a lot of wealth. Every sorrow has two types of effects; either you suffer badly from it and becomes unhappy or you think about the cause of your sorrow and try to uplift yourself from it. When a person thinks about the cause of sorrow, he would understand that there is no reason of sorrow, except 'the desire to entertain his senses in any situation cannot be a reason of sorrow because situations change all the time. The reason of sorrow is our intellect that finds happiness in worldly perishable things that goes on constantly changing. Change is life.Sansar is changeable. If there is no change, there would be a static picture of sansar without life but change makes a seed grow into a tree, a kid into a young man, an idiot a learned person, a diseased person into a healthy man after some time. Hence we should never try to find happiness in perishable things.

ARTA: PADRAJOPAMA GIRINADI VEGOPAMAM YAUVANAM I
AAYUSHYAM JALALAL BINDU CHAPALAM KENOPAMAM JIVANAM II
Money is like a dust lay under our leg. Youth is like a speedy river flowing from mountain. Life is like a bubble of water and sansar is like form. Hence every person should try to understand that he should not involve in entertaining senses and he should not remain attached to perishable things. He has to accept consciously that whatever he has, he has got it to serve others. Then only he can be happy.

If all the worldly services cannot provide us happiness, how can a person be happy forever in sansar?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shi Krishna...