Chapter (60)How to think about 'others' Rights and our Duties' as a karmayogi?

(60)

How to think about ‘others’ Rights and our Duties’ as a karmayogi?

 Lord Krishna explains Argon that ‘others’ rights are your duties and your rights are others duty .So you have to perform your duties only to protect others’ rights. You should not worry about others’ duty and responsibilities. It is not your look out to think about others’ duty or kartavya karma. Because it  would drag you into the bog of negative reactions as anger and jealousy, anxiety and worry. We have observed that in every house, every society, every state the root cause of unhappiness and quarrels, fights and war is the human nature of worrying about others’ duties and responsibilities towards him and demanding own rights and services from ‘others’ .Hence Lord Brahma suggested every human beings to fulfill his kartavya karma duty to protect the rights of others without expecting anything in return.

SHREY PARAMVAPSYATHA – You will find your welfare in serving others. Lord Sheri Krishna says that just as under trusteeship one has to take care of given things and return them when demanded by the real owner .We have to give back all the necessary resources allotted to us by God to serve the mankind when demanded back. Lord Brahma has given us our body as an instrument and all the essential resources to serve all the livings on earth selflessly with the strength and power, capabilities and potentialities, skills and intellect. We are not allowed to use anything to fulfill our selfish motive or we are not allowed to use any resources for the betterment of ‘self’ only. Just as a trustee returns and gives back the things kept under his possession to the real owner, we have to give back everything ,our body, mind, intellect, pride and ego and all the resources to nature after consuming them for the service and welfare of others.

Lord Brahma has created God and they are bound to provide essential resources to every karmayogi who utilizes all his power and strength, skills and sources in the service in the service of mankind for the welfare of ‘others’ selflessly and without expecting anything in return as a reward or fruit of his kartavya .Sometimes Gods even attached to karmayogi and thinks about welfare of self or his devotee but it is natural and there is nothing wrong to think about ‘self- welfare’. But Gods are not created to do ‘own welfare’ they have to provide resources to the karma yogis and they have to give good and bad fruits of their karma. These are duties –kartavya karma of Gods. Gods are holiest and they never desire for their own welfare. Hence we consider the concept of ‘providing services’ and doing welfare of others’ only for human beings.

When a person considers everything as under his ‘Trusteeship’ instead of thinking himself as under his ownership, he would be detached from the Sensor .He would utilize everything for the benefit and welfare of Sensor and his karma would not create any bondage for him. When a person does any karma for himself, he wants to fulfill his earthly desires .this desire creates attachment and this attachment creates anxiety about the success or failures of that karma. And because he wants to avoid failures and wants to be successful, he is dragged to unwise sources and immoral instruments to gain success. This again creates new bondage of good and bad karma. He becomes sinful while he thinks about fulfilling his desires of success at any cost and turn to wrong path. Hence, A kamayogi is advised to do his duties with his all resources and capabilities selflessly and without expecting anything in return for the benefit of others. When a karmyogi abandons ‘desire of fruits’ from his duties, he would be automatically be beneficiary and his wellbeing would be done automatically by serving others.

When a person thinks about fulfilling his desire, he becomes greedy and tries to accumulate all the resources from the world to satisfy his own lust and passion, desire and wishes. When he thinks about his own benefits and his own welfare he could not think about others’ happiness or benefits. He becomes the cause of giving unhappiness to others. He creates situation where nobody could be happy .His lust and greed make him violent. He remains unhappy because he could not tolerate others’ prosperity or happiness. His greed could not be satisfied and he wants to grab each and everything for himself only. It may be beautiful wife of anybody, productive land under anybody’s possession or treasures of gold and silver. This becomes the cause of unhappiness for himself and the cause of battles and war with others. But if a person treats all the earthly resources and creator of God as under his trusteeship instead of ownership, he would think about everybody’s right over it. He would be detached from the illusion of ownership. Hence, Lord Brahma insists every human being to do his duties to protect the rights of others.

A human body is given to us to do ‘karma’ all the other livings on the earth, eighty four laky livings according to our Shastra are created only for enjoying or suffering, according to their past deeds good or bad. When a person does any karma, tough good deeds with the expectation of fruits, he would enjoy entry in the heaven. But he would not get salvation from the cycle of rebirth. Gods are allotted their duties to give reward and fruits to all those who worship them or do good deeds with the expectation of fruits .Hence only human beings are advised to do welfare and think about salvation. Freedom of soul is natural and bondage is illusion and unnatural. Hence when a karmyogi does ‘welfare of others ‘, he does his own welfare automatically. A karmayogi should not do any other work for his own welfare but he should abandon the desire of fruits, his pride and ego and his selfish motives while serving ‘others’ or doing welfare of others. Hence when Arjun perform his duties as a kshatriya on the battle field he would not only protect his people from unjust rulers but he would be also eligible for the entry in heaven. because ‘war’ is not a ‘violent karma’ for a kshyatriya. It is his duty to protect the people and the country. Lord Brahma has allotted all the four varnas their different duties. Every Varna has to serve other three Varnas and when every Varna does their duties and provide services to remaining three other varnas without expecting anything in return or as a fruits, they all would be eligible for the entry in heaven by doing their duties respectively.

Now, the question arises that shouldn’t we utilize anything for our self and if not, how could we survive our self ?