Chapter (152)Why should a Sadhak not be lazy for a moment?

(152)

Why should a Sadhak not be lazy for a moment?

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says inhis Aparokshanubhuti as :

BRAHMAIVAHAM SAM: SHANTA: SACHCHIDANANDLAKSHANA: I

NAHAM DEHO HYASADRUPO GYANMITYUCHYATE BUDHAI: II (24)

" I am steady calm and cool and I the Brahma in the form of truth, mind and pleasures. I am not a perishable body." This is true knowledge according to the scholars. Desires are the root cause of all conflicts in life and desires are the cause or rebirth but when a pupil or a Sadhak becomes eager to acquire knowledge , his desires are diverted to God. A Sadhak do not have to do any karma as karma and knowledge both are totally opposite to each other. They cannot live together. Karma is done with the feelings of doer while knowledge demolishes ego. The real function of knowledge is to abolish attachment to our body and senses while karma increases attachment to our body and senses. The root cause of karma is ignorance and knowledge can destroy both ignorance and karma. Just as darkness cannot exist in the presence of Sun. Ego and pride cannot exist with knowledge. Just as a twinkling of eyes cannot be done ,it may open or close at one time only at a particular moment who looks at west direction cannot see at the east direction on the same moment. A Sadhak who becomes eager to get knowledge cannot pamper doing karma. Who remains busy in getting knowledge does not have to do any karma. The main function of knowledge is to discard all the dirt from mind. When all the dirt is washed out, a soul becomes purified. To become steady inwardly within our soul is like performing ritual ceremony and all the karma done by mind, speech and body are in vain.

When ignorance is demolished once it is demolished forever. Once a Sadhak get enlightenment of knowledge , he would never drag and drop in ignorance again because ignorance has no individual authority. When a Sadhak tries to get knowledge, the real knowledge is added and the ignorance is destroyed step by step every day. Really speaking knowledge has power to advice and to rule but we neglect the real truth and surrender our self to untruth. This untruth creates thoughtlessness and discourtesy. It means that we have given authority to untruth to rule over us since ages .Hence we have to accept that we have disregarded the advice of Vedas since our birth. If we have respect for truth and accept truth, true knowledge would never left us in the darkness of ignorance because once a light of knowledge burns, no darkness of ignorance can rule over us forever. The true knowledge of real substance dissolves all the illusion because illusion is an imaginary concept. It does not have real existence. Hence whatever is existed can be destroyed but whatever is existed that can be acquired too. The illusive world of things and relations live in our mind and we JIV are a part of Paramatma forget our real self. But a Sadhak sees Sansar within himself DRAKSHYASYATMANI and then he can see God within him ATHO MAYI .When a Sadhak sees Sansar within himself it is known as 'self realization' and when he sees God within himself is known as 'Science' VIGYAN .self realization can give us pleasure within us NIJANAND and the knowledge to see God within us gives us ecstasy PARAMANAND. When a Sadhak tries to follow karma yoga and Gyan yog ,he could have self realization NIJANAND but when a Sadhak follows the path of Bhakti Yoga he experienced PARAMANAND .

NA PRAMADOATRA KARTAVYO VIDUSHA: MOKSHAMICHCHHATA I

PRAMADE JRUMBHATE MAYA SURYARPAYE TAMO YATHA II( 902)

Hence a Sadhak who wants to enjoy ecstasy in liberation and desires Salvation should not be lazy because the moment he becomes lazy the ignorance enters in his mind and drag him in to the illusive Sansar Just as darkness rules over the world when the Sun hides himself behind the clouds even for a moment. Hence a Sadhak would not remain aloof from God even for a moment because on the way to Salvation a laziness even for a moment. Hence a Sadhak would not remain aloof from God even for a moment because it is just like death as Sadhak would be dragged again in the bog of illusive Sansar. There is no another death for a Sadhak but to be distracted from the God.

'God is everything'. When a Sadhak accepts this truth he has the real knowledge of Paramatma .When a Sadhak experience self-realization he could have liberation from the illusion of body and senses, mind and intellect but EGO in its minute form remains unbeaten. Hence we see various opinions and believe in different philosophers and their theory of truth. If they can free themselves from pride and ego, how could they have differences of opinions about the one and only truth ,the real substance Paramatma but when a Sadhak get true knowledge he would be free from even minutes form of ego and then there will be no differences of opinions and conflicts about the path. It means that until a Sadhak thinks as 'I believe', 'according to me ' AATMANI, there would be differences of opinions but the moment he thinks as everything is of God's PARAMATMANI or VASUDEV SARVAM there would be differences in opinions as he accepts the power and supreme authority of God only.

UBHE SATYE KSHATRIYADHYA PRAVRUTTE MOHO MRUTYU: SAMAMTAU YA: KAVINAM I
PRAMADAM VAI MRUTYUMAHAM BRAVIMI TATHAAPRAMADMAMRUTATTVAM BRAVIMI II
In the great epic Mahabharat there is a dialogue between Dhrutarastra and Sanatsujat. Lord Shankaracharyaji has written explainery notes on it. In the eighth chapter when it was asked by Dhrutarastra 'What is death? ' Lord Sanat kumar says the above verse in reply. It says that O Kshatriya! These both truths are existed since ages. The scholar says, 'illusion is death but if you ask me I would say Laziness is death and remain active is immortality 'because when a Sadhak becomes lazy even for a moment his mind would bounce like a ball here and there and then it would be dragged to the illusion of ignorance again.

 Then how could knowledge help Sadhak to cross over the ocean of ignorance? 

Let's understand from our great God Shri Krishna....