Chapter 229How to sit properly for meditation?

229

How to sit properly for meditation?

Manu Smruti says as:

PURVAM SANDHYAJAPAMSTISHTHETSAVITRIMARKDARSHANAT IPASHCHIMA TU SAMASIN: SAMYAGRUKSHAVIBHAVANAT II (101)

When a Sadhak performs Sandhya Vandan in the morning, he should stand from dawn to morning doing japa yagna but when he does Sandhya vandan in the evening , he should sit properly till he could see Nakshatra in the sky doing japosana constantly. When a Sadhak does Gayatri Jap in the early morning, he could be free from the sin up to previous night and when he does jap in the evening , his sins done during the day time would be abolished .Doing jap or Dhyan is not a work of body only. It's a work of totality of concentrating body and senses, mind and intellect hence a Sadhak has to concentrate during meditation. Lord Shri Krishna explains Arjun as a Sadhak should sit straight keeping his spinal cord in a straight lining. The upper part of the body from head to waist is considered as KAYA body, SHIR head is the upper part of body and GRIVA neck is the middle part of the body. When a Sadhak tries to concentrate on Paramatma during meditation , he should sit straight so that all the bones of spinal cord would be in a one straight lining. His body, head and neck should be straight because if he moves forward during meditation he would feel sleepy if he moves backward, he would be passive as if he were a non living object and if he moves either side left or right , he could not sit silently. His moving on either side makes him active in other activities and his concentration on meditation would not be maintained.

Every type of Aasan is helpful but here God explains the extracts of all the Aasan and that is the thing that he should maintain his head, neck and body in a straight line. When a Sadhak sits straight, his mind could be quite quickly and steadily. He can perform any Aasan as Siddhasan or Padmasan .If a Sadhak feels sleepy while doing meditation, he could stand up and walk for some time and decides that 'I do not have to stand up or move. I have to be steady totally with my body and senses, mind and intellect and perform meditation.'He should not look at any direction from all the ten directions hence it is expected that his neck should not move and he should keep it straight. He should look at the top of his nose with half closed eyes so that he should concentrate on Paramatma. If he keeps his eyes closed, he would feel sleepy .If he totally opens his eyes, his eyes would be tempted to outer scenes and he could not concentrate on Paramatma. When a Sadhak sits straight at least three hours , he could be JITASANA. He should sit straight as if he were a statue made out of stone without doing any activity physically or mentally.

YAGNANAM JAY YAGNOASMI (Bhagavat Gita)

Jap yagna can be done by speech. Speech is divided in to four types; as Para, Pashyanti, Madhyama and Vaikhari. Vaikhari is a speech that is used in our daily routine. Para is a speech that emerges automatically without learning or practicing. Madhyama speech emerges from throat but nobody can listen to it. Pashyanti speech is speech that emerges from our great and Para Vani; speech is the speech of Brahma. (This Para vani speech of para) and this Para vani can be acquired only during meditation. Every Mantra and God of every mantra can be pleased with total faith in it.

YOGASYA YOGA HI GURO.

Practicing yoga becomes your teacher. Samadhi can be of two kinds. SABIJ and NIRBIJ or SAVIKALPA or NIRVIKALP .When a sadhak performs SABIJ or SAVIKALP Samadhi, he tries to concentrate on physical statue of his God and feel SUKSHMA CHETANA from the eternity. While during NIRBIJ or NIRVIKALPA Samadhi a Sadhak enjoys ecstasy with Paramatma and he forgets about his body and senses, mind and intellect and his existence on the earth as a human, he feels himself a part of eternity.

RUTE GYANAT MUKTI NANYAPANTHA VIDHYAYE AYANAY:I

As it is said just as a touching stone of Parasmani turns everything made of iron into Gold, Sadhak feels his existence as iron and enjoys ecstasy with paramatma , pure Parasmani.

When a Sadhak performs Pranayam, his life span is expanded. A person breathes for twenty one thousand and six hundred breathes during a day. Our life depends on our breathing, exhaling and inhaling.

PRANAYAMO SAMKRUTVA NASABHYAMTAR CHARI NAUO. When a Sadhak can control his breathing properly, he could extend his life. A great yogacharyaji named NRUSINHACHARYAJI has written a book named Siddhant Sindhu' and Guru Natharam Sharmaji had also described yogashastra in his books. Jain and Buddha sects also follow Lord Mahavir and Lord Buddha in the performance of Yoga .

The upper part of the body described as KAYA and it has six CHAKRA. The first chakra is situated in the naval. It is under the control of Lord Ganesha and it has four petals. The second chakra is SVADHISHTHAN chakra having six petals. The third is Manipur Chakra with ten petals. The fourth chakra is in the throat with sixteen petals. The fifth chakra is in the middle of two eye brows as Brahma chakra and it is situated in Brahmarandhra on the top of head where Shikha Bandhan is made. When a Sadhak does Jap yagna , he enjoys happiness but if he cannot control his mind , his concentration cannot be maintained .When a Sadhak does Pranayam , he can control his mind automatically .A Sadhak can achieved the power of kundalini with Samadhi and Samadhi can be achieved by HATHAYOGA.

When a Sadhak feels awakening of power of kundalini , he can see bright light and feels contentment. During Mantra yoga too mantra itself becomes the Swaroop of Brahma and a Sadhak feels himself as a part of eternity forgetting his existence on earth. When a Sadhak feels unification with Paramatma and diversity of JIV and SHIV subside, he enjoys company of Paramtma and this can be achieved by practicing meditation as Patanjali says:

ABHYAS VAIRNYATMYAM TANNIRODHA :

And Lord Shri Krishna says to Arjun as:

ABHYASEN TI KAUNTAEYA, VAIRAGYEN PRATIGRUHYATE.

Just as water of river is controlled by dams and diverted by canal, we force it to pass through fields .A Sadhak has to sit quietly controlling his mind, abandoning every thought related to sansar by the canal of yoga and forcefully drag it under the holy shrine of Paramatma.

Then how can a Sadhak do SAGUN DHYAN YOGA.

Let's understand from our Lord and Guru Shri Krishna how to learn Sagun Dhyan Yoga after sitting properly for meditation?