Chapter (85) Why a person falls into the bog of birth and death ?

(85) Why a person falls into the bog of birth and death by not following God’s karma yoga?

Lord Krishna explains Arjun that PRAKRUTI YANI BHUTANI every livings do their karma according to their nature or they follow the principles of their own. Nature is of two kinds. A person may be full of attachment and envy or he may be without any attachment and envy. Every person does his kriyas either due to attachment and envy or without any attachment and envy. When we read the news in the news paper or read the hoardings on the road side, we just read them and do not feel any attachment or envy about it. But when we have received a letter of our parents or a beloved we read it with keen interest and attachment. In the same way we read letter of our enemy or a reminder of a repayments from our lenders with anger and frustration .When we read literature or we read holy books of religion as Ramayan, Mahabharat,  Okha haran we read it because we believe in ‘Reading  good literature ‘ and it is our principle .When we do any religious rituals or provide services to any livings, we do it because we think that ‘our birth as a human being is for the salvation and ‘to be free from the cycle of birth and death is the only principle of human life’.

In the same way all the kriyas ,actions of seeing, speaking, listening, smelling, touching by karmendriya are done by the nature and by the principle he or she follows in life. When a person does any karma with attachment and envy ,it creates bondage for him but if he does his karma without having any attachment and envy for anybody, his karma would be free from the bondage of its consequences because the actions and karma that we do with attachment and envy are impure.  karma without attachment and envy are pure. When we follow some principles and do karma it could uplift our self from the bog of hell because the actions followed by principles purify our nature. When our nature is not  purified ,we could not remain detached from the attachment and envy and for things and relations and it becomes difficult to cut the relations with perishable things and fake relations.

A knowledgeable person does his karma according to his principles without having any pride and ego. He wanted to achieve only the one and only shelter under  the Almighty. Just as a greedy person remains alert that his money should not be wasted and he should not suffer a loss in business, a karma yogi -knowledgeable person remains busy in his karma according to the principles of ‘doing welfare of others’ selflessly and remains alert that he should not do any karma driven by attachment and envy and he should not waste his precious life time in accumulating perishable things or involved in fake relations. Here we mean the word ‘principle’ means law and order of God and Shastras and when we do not follow them it is not considered as a ‘principle’. It means that no one should have any negative principles and think about harassing or killing anybody or torturing or enslaving any livings to rule over them. All the actions are done naturally by the law of nature but an ignorant person thinks that ‘he is doing all those kriyas and thinks himself as a ‘doer’ .This pride of karta creates attachment and anger, jealousy and envy. The relation created by karta with things and actions becomes the cause of envy. The success of his karma fills air into his mind and failure creates depression and jealousy, anger and envy in his mind. These feelings create the bondage of birth and death. But when a knowledgeable person does not have pride of karta or ego of his ownership over sources, he could remain free from the cycle of birth and death.

Attachment is the only cause of bondage. Attachment creates guilt and a person does wrong deeds .Attachment becomes the cause of greed of having possession over things and control over relation and this feelings becomes the cause of misdeeds. A person does ‘anything’ to possess his desired things and desired ‘relations’ with his beloveds. When the desire is fulfilled, it creates ‘ego’ of possession and if the desire remains unfulfilled’ depression creates anger and envy. The pride of attachment is of two types. The first is; when we think that our ‘pride’ is also an instrument given to us by Almighty as mind and intellect, body and senses ,it creates relations of nature and soul as ‘one and undivided element’, the second is; when we think all these our body and senses, mind and intellect, pride and ego are my own earned property and feel ownership over these as ‘my’ and ‘mine’, it creates bondage for him and he remains attached with his karma.

A knowledgeable person does not remain attached to anything or any relation but whatever he does, his actions and his karma are considered as ‘chesta’ means actions and kriya without any attachment. When God takes Avtar as a Varah, Matsya, Kachchhap god also acted according to the nature of animal as lion, fish, pig or tortoise. Even all the trees of neem or mango do not look same though they are of the same kind but the ‘nature’ is a different for every birth. When God does actions to make ‘A show’ .we call it ‘lila’ because god could control the nature and in the same way a knowledgeable person could control his body and senses, mind and intellect. While a common man is driven by the ‘ nature’ he remains under the control of nature, his body and temperaments, his thoughts and his situations, changing seasons and moods and hence he could not be relieved from the bondage of birth and death. A common man’s nature is the fruit of his past deeds, present birth and situations, atmosphere of home place, culture and sanskar of his parents, his friends and companions, his thoughts and beliefs, his studies and education level, his thinking process and attitudes, his actions and his feelings and all these things are different from person to person. If a man thinks that he should live innocent life, he is free to make choice but if he nurtures attachment and envy, anger and jealousy .He would be under the control of nature and situations , he could not remain free from the bog of birth and death.