Chapter(80) What type of precautions should be taken by the great people?

What type of precautions should be taken by the great people?

Lord Krishna explains Arjun that great people are responsible for the creation of good and bad effect on the mass. The ignorant and attached people of this sansar follow them blindly. Hence it becomes their duty that they should not behave thoughtlessly. Their behavior should convey the simple and direct message of truth and honesty, good deeds and charity, sharing of everything and selfless services but if what they say differs from what they do actually, it would create confusion in the minds of people. They could not understand what they should not do and what they should do. They cannot decide whether they should follow them and have trust in their words or follow their actions and orders which are totally different to their sayings. This creates 'Buddhi-bhed' in their mind, a dilemma. They could not put trust and follow them totally and they could not abandon following them blindly as they are psychologically under their great effects.

The great people who are unsteady and ignorant fall in confusion. They think that what is there in karma which binds us. We should abandon doing karma and try to fetch knowledge which could show us the right path of salvation. The great people, who are responsible for creating effect on the mass, pass on their wrong thoughts and bad examples of behavior. The negative elements in great people like Hitler ,Rawan, Duryodhan or Sikandar are examples of this type of persons. The people who follow them lose faith in good karma and pious behavior. They lose trust in religion and faith in good deeds.

When people who are misled gives advice to other people as; we see selfish people everywhere ;nobody does anything for others selflessly; Everybody wants reward of their karma. If we are not going to get anything in return why should we have to do any work? They advise people not to do any work for others' welfare. We see examples of Gundaraj everywhere and Don of their gangs.

 The people who are known as good people also gives advice to others that why should we do karma constantly, if we have to bare fruits of karma. We do karma to get reward and fruits of our karma. We want to do karma to get material benefits, prosperity or benefit in any form. This type of advises create distrust among the followers. When the great people do not work for the benefit of others according to their Varna selflessly and without the expectation of any reward and follow the rules of our Shastra, they create 'Buddhi –Bhed'; a dilemma and confusion about the behavior in the minds of people. Hence it is essential that the great should not create confusion in the minds of their followers. They should try to uplift the mass and their followers from the present situation of ignorance to knowledge and from non-performance of duties and responsibilities to do their destined karma according to their Varna honestly and with total enthusiasm without thinking about its consequences.

The responsibilities of great people are that they should appreciate the karma of every Varna and guide them how to do their duties in the best possible way. A coal cannot be transformed into a diamond but the role of coal is different from the role of diamond. The great should advise everybody to do their destined karma yagna honestly. A duty of a teacher is different from the duty of a sweeper. A duty and the responsibility of cobbler is different from the duties of a king but everybody has to play his role perfectly for the smooth maintenance of the society. Our social system, sansar is like a giant machine and every Varna, every person ,every livings on this planet has  its place in smooth running of the balanced eco-system on this earth. Hence it is the duty of great people that they should advise every followers to do their karma honestly, play their role honestly, leaving their self-centered motives for the welfare of others and lead them from their selfish motives to selfless services in the interest of others. The great people should appreciate their work and show their defects if they have any in fulfilling their destined karma with proper guidance and by their own exemplary behavior.

We see a great numbers of people follow various Sadhus and preachers, leaders and dons according to their own trust and faith in them but when people select a wrong leader or a dishonest politician, confused religious preacher as their 'Role Model' they would be distracted. When people cannot concentrate themselves in religious rituals or in meditation, yoga and nam-jap, they think that it is useless to do all this religious rituals but it is the duty of their mentors and leaders to guide them properly. They should advise them that it is natural and  it is not easy to concentrate mind in pranayam or Namjap and it is difficult to do meditation with steady minds but if you practice it regularly, you will be able to do it. When you cannot concentrate your mind in meditation, you cannot remember God but when you do kriya of meditation or Jap through your tongue you are getting involved in the good karma which would draw you to your destination of 'meditation' and 'pranayam' step by step.

God has created every human being with some virtues. Nobody in this world is totally lacking virtues or good things in his character. It is the duty of a boss, a teacher, a mentor or a preacher and Dharm-guru to find out the 'Good' in them and turn them to utilize their  potential 'good' in to the service of 'others' selflessly. Our National leader Gandhiji is known as the father of the nation he was having this quality of finding 'good' in others. Hence even a notorious criminal when came in the contact of Gandhiji, behaved nicely. Gandhiji used to find out 'the best quality' in him and he used to introduce that criminal and notorious person in public by his good quality. Now the poor fellow gets bound morally. He had to remain 'virtuous' in the eyes of not only 'Gandhiji' after his new introduction but also in the eyes of public to whom Gandhiji gave his new prestigious introduction and appreciated his good quality in open.

 Here Lord Krishna advises great people to do good deeds themselves and make their followers to do good deeds. If the great people do good deeds only for the show it would be a 'hypocrisy'. Hence Lord Krishna advises him to do karma for 'Loksangrah' .When the great people do good deeds and direct their followers from forbidden bad deeds to good karma they would be able to create 'Loksangrah' selflessly.

Let's understand now what is the difference between knowledgeable and ignorant people?