chapter (209)How to remain involved in YOGA forever?

(209)

How to remain involve in YOGA forever?

Aadi Shankaracharyaji describes prayer for peace of mind from AITAREYOPANISHAD as:

OM! VANGA ME MANASI PRATISHTHITA MANO ME VACHI PRATISHTHITA VIRAVIRMARNADHI I

VEDASYA MA AANISTHA: SHRUTAM ME MA PRAHASI: I

ANENA DHITENAHORATRANSANDHAMYRUTAM VADISHYAMI I SATYAM VADISHYAMII TANMAMAVATU I

TADVAKTARAMBHAVATU I AVATU MAMAVATU VAKTARAMVATU VAKTARAM I

OM SHANTI: I OM SHANTI: II OM SHANTI:III

Om ! Bless me .Bless my tongue and let it be steady in my mind, let my mind be steady in my speech .O Omnipresent Almighty! bless me please and let me see your merciful Swaroop. Bless me with the knowledge of Vedas. Let me not forget whatever I hear in the form of knowledge from saints and Guru. Let me remain busy in study of Vedas day and night. Let me speak according to the rules of truth. Let Brahma protect me. Let my Guru protect me. Let this speaker, reader and preacher be protected by you. Let the peace prevail in earthly matters. Let the peace prevail in heavenly matters and let the peace prevail in spiritual matters.

When a person remains attached to sansar, he loses his peace of mind. All the worldly things and company of livings cannot give happiness or peace of mind permanently. Our body is not going to live forever .Hence relation with perishable things do not live long. They are constantly changing. The instrument of joy and happiness are different for us at different age, different situations, with different people. They come and go in our life. When they come, we enjoy and when they leave us, we feel unhappiness. Even when we enjoy the luxurious instruments for our entertainment or company of desirable persons, we cannot enjoy them fully as we worry and fear about losing them. This fear of abandoning our desired prosperity and beloved and uncertainty create unhappiness, stress, fear and tensions in our mind and we lose peace of our mind. Only a Sadhak who utilized his sources, properties and relations in serving others for the welfare of others, he could be free from stress, ear, uncertainty and unhappiness. He could maintain his peace of mind because he has no selfish interest, no greed or no intention of entertaining his body and senses, mind and intellect.

Lord Shri Krishna says that a Sadhak should not have any interest in any subjects, any Padarth, any situation, any event, any person or things of luxury and comfort, respect,, name and fame that he is blessed by GOD in the form of fruits of his past deeds. He should remain detached to them. He should not try to entertain his body and senses through any beauty, touch, interest, smell or words because he considered them as temporary. They come and go for a very short time. He should know that everything is constantly changing like sky.

How can a Sadhak practice for not remaining attached to the entertainment of senses? Lord Shri Krishna explains that a Sadhak can practice detachment by remaining indifferent in entertaining his senses when his desires are fulfilled. For example he should not feel happiness on getting his desired things. He should not feel happiness on getting desired person's company or on the fulfillment of desired events. When a person desires anything and he gets it, he would be happy and his attachment to that thing, person or situation increases day by day. Then he wants more and more happiness out of that thing, person or situation. It creates greed. This Greed makes him selfish and he tries to maintain his sources of happiness work for him forever but everything , every person and every situation does not remain the same permanently. They go on changing. They cannot remain forever for his utilization permanently. When a person loses them, he becomes sad and unhappy. He feels scarcity of things. He becomes used to that thing. He becomes addicted to that company of his beloved and he becomes habituate to that luxurious and favorable situation. This dependency on things, persons and situations make him weak and he becomes attached more and more to them for his joy and happiness. He cannot find joy and happiness independently or he cannot live happily without that thing, person or situation. His desires for constantly and continuously changing sources of entertainment of his body and senses depend on untruth. Hence his uncompleted wishes become the cause of his rebirth and death. They are the root of all the vices. If he can abandon them, he could be YOGARUDHA, a sadhak who remains in yoga constantly for all the time day and night in all the situations is considered as yogi. As it is said in MUNDAKOPANISHAD as:

KAMANYA KAMAYATE MANYAMAN: SA KAM BHIRJAYATE TATRA TATRA I
PARYAPTA KAMASYA KRUTATMANASTU EAHAIVA SARVE PRAVILIYANTI KAMA: II

A Sadhak who entertains his senses through all the worldly things, relations, persons and favorable events and situation as if they are truth and permanent, they get birth frequently to entertain their senses and for the fulfillment of their desires. Their desires of entertaining body and senses emerge and subside again and again and they take birth again and again for the fulfillment of their wishes because desires are never fulfilled. When our one desire is fulfilled we wish to get another thing, only a Sadhak who desires salvation and remains detached from this greed of entertaining body and senses can be free and he can feel liberation.

Moreover whatever we have as surplus or whatever we possess more than our necessity of living is not for our accumulation, the earth is full of resources and they are for all the livings. All these five elements and everything on this planet are for all the livings and non livings. They are not only for our selfish and greedy purposes of storage and accumulation. Hence whenever we find any living in need of that thing food, clothes, water, fresh air or anything, we should give them to the needy .While sharing what we have as surplus, we are not doing any charity as they are not our property. It is a golden rule of GOD that we have to share this planet equally among all the livings. When we share or sacrifice things for others, we become free from the heavenly obligation. Hence a Sadhak should share and do charity of things whatever he has under his possession more than his own basic necessity for living.

RAKSHANTI KRUPANA: PARNAU DRAVYAM PRNMIVATMANA: I
TADEVAM SANTA: SATATAMUTSRUJANTI YATHA MALAM II

A miser tries to protect his wealth as if it were a Pran but a Sadhak abandons his properties and his senses as if it were an excrement because he knows that he should earn money with the honest efforts and hard work and he should utilize that money for the welfare of others. He should share his wealth in hour of need among every living. He should do charity and give his wealth to the righteous person because he would get only those things for him as they are needed for his existence. When a person gives his wealth to the needy, he would enjoy his sources of entertainment peacefully. When he helps the needy and righteous persons he becomes happy inwardly and when he shares knowledge freely, he would be able to get a true knowledge of Brahma. As yogi is adorned by meditation, saint is adorned by controlling his senses , king is appreciated by justice and truth a person who lives with family in sansar , a GRUHASTHA is adorned by charity and sharing because he can remain detached from things only if shares them in charity for the welfare of the needy.

Now a person can give his things in charity but how to remain detached from the karma of charity or from the feeling of pride and nurturing ego of being a CHARITABLE person?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna..