Chapter (213)What is the meaning of detachment to senses and karma ?

(213)

What is the meaning of detachment to senses and karma ?

The king of Vibarbha named Bhargav asked Rishi Pippalad in Prashnopanishad as who has created this world and who is responsible to control GYANEDRIYA and KARMENDRIYA in a human body. At that time Pran of the body answers as :

"MA MOHAMAPADHYATHAHAMEVAITATPANCH DHATMANAM PRAVIBHAJYAITADAVANAMAVA SHTABHYA VIDHARAYAMITI (2/3)

'Don't confuse in the illusion of body and sansar. I divide myself in the five element and I have created and supported your body' and added that

' TADHAITHA MAKSHIKA MADHUKARAJANMUTKRANTAM SARVAM AEVOTKRAMANTE TASINSHCHA PRATISHTHAMANE SARVA AEVA PRATISHTHANTA AEVAM VANGAMANASHCHAKSHUKSHOTRAM CHA TE PRITA: PRANAM STUVANTI II (2/4)

Just as a king of honey bees when come out from honey comb all the rest honeybees settled in the honey comb, all the organs as skin, tongue, ears, eyes and mind settled in human body from Paramatma by knowing this truth they became pleased and they worshipped Pran. Just as all the rivers absorbed by the sea , all the senses Gyanendriya and karmendriya with different names and form in the human body are absorbed by the eternity after death of a body i.e. when Pran abandons the body. This pran makes our ears hear, eyes see, mind decide, tongue taste and speak and our nose breathe is known as BRAHMA. Hence when Pran abandons our body no organ can do any kriya.

Every Sadhak should accept this truth and think as which thing would remain with me permanently? Or who is going to stay with me forever? Which kriya can be done by me permanently? Or which is the kriya that I can do forever? The answer is nobody would live with us or no kriya would be done by us permanently because not a single person or a kriya or a thing would remain with us forever? We have to abandon all the kriyas , all the things and all the persons at different time. It means that detachment and separation with persons, things and kriyas is permanent but company of persons, possession of things and chances of doing kriyas depend on various circumstances and they are constantly changing. Hence if we remain attached to them, we have to feel sorry and regret about losing them when they are departed from us but if we accept the presence of eternity and Paramatma , we would not feel departed or separated from Paramatma and never feel absence of scarcity of any person, thing or kriya.

In Kathopanishad the son of Vajshrava named Nachiketa says to the son of lord Sun named Yam, the king of death that there would be nobody on this earth who would like to remain in the attachment of this illusion of sansar if he acquires true knowledge of the real substance i.e. Paramatma as :

AJIRYATAMAMRUTANANAMUPETYA JIRYANMARTYA: KVADHA: STHA: PRAJAJAN I

ABHIDHYAYANVARNARITIPRAMODANATIDIRGHE JIVITE KO RAMET II (1/1/28)

A human being is sure to see the old age and growth and decaying of his body and power of senses. Every human being knows that he has to die one day and he has to abandon everything and everybody. Hence if he gets the chance and blessed by Guru and God and when he acquires the knowledge of Paramatma, how could he entertain his body and senses, mind and intellect in physical pleasures of life enjoyed by senses? There would be no person in this world who would like to remain attached to sansar if he could know the real substance.

To remain detached to the entertainment of senses and to remain detached to karma means to become free from the desires and to become free from Pride and ego as doer. If a person can remain detached to the entertainment through various Padartha, he could be free from the control of desires over his mind and intellect. When he remains detached to kriyas , he becomes free from the burden of karta the doer and when he becomes free from desires and pride of doer , he can be steady in his original real Swaroop automatically. Actually speaking to be steady in the original swaroop with Paramatma is the real position of our soul but because we remain attached to desires and pride and ego of karta, we cannot experience that real position of our soul but when a Sadhak can make himself free from the burden of desires and pride , he becomes detached to his body and senses, things, persons and kriya ,he could experience his own soul as a part of eternity in Paramatma.

Every human being is given his body and senses, mind and intellect, potentialities and power, various sources and strength, different skills to serve others. They are the instrument to serve others. He should not remain attached to them but abandon them when the function and the task of that non living perishable instruments are over as it is known to everybody that human beings are selfish and they use everything for their selfish purpose only.

NAUKAM VAI BHAJATE TAVAT YAVAT PARAM NA GACHCHHATI I

UTIRNE TU NADIPARE NAUKAYA: KIM PRAYOJANAM II

When we want to cross over the river, we use boat but after reaching to beach we abandon that boat. In the same way every living acts naturally. No bird would stay on the tree if it has no fruits to feed them or no wasp would be in the company of flowers if they have no juice to offer. In the same way when the kartavya of the body is over, Pran abandons the body and the body is either get buried or put on fire to be burnt. It means that the body and senses would not live forever .Hence a Sadhak utilizes his body and senses, his power and potentialities in serving others but he remains detached to them. A Sadhak should remain detached to body and senses, mind and intellect after the accomplishment of his kartavya karma which he has to complete with those given instruments to him to serve others. It means he could be steady in yoga. When he has no attachment or relation with his perishable body and senses and remains detached to them ,When he utilizes them for different purposes and abandons them when the task is over, he could be YOGARUDHA.

ADATTAM GRUHYATE YACHCHA CHAURYAKARMA TADEVA HI I
NYAYASAPAHARAJAM PAPAM NA BHUTAM NA BHAVISHYATI II

A person who takes everything and does not give back them is like a thief .Whatever Paramatma has given to us is given to us to serve others. If we do not utilize them for others' welfare selflessly, we have to bear the burden of sin because there is no sin in this world as great as taking everything from others i.e. from nature and not giving back or sharing them with others. We are not the owner of all the things and sources that we are blessed by God with our body and senses. We are 'Trustees' of this planet and we have to serve, protect, nurture and maintain the growth of sansar by doing welfare activities through our blessed instruments. When we remain attached to them, we see downfall. Hence Lord Shri Krishna advises us to remain detached to not only persons, things and karmas but also to the fruits of our karma. We should not be happy by doing any karma or by completing any task. We should not take sankalpa of self realization too because every sankalpa creates bondage .Hence we should remain indifferent to everything.

How to remain sad, sorrowful and indifferent to sankalpa and accomplishment of sankalpa?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna...