Chapter (214)How to remain indifferent in doing any sankalp?

(214)

How to remain indifferent in doing any sankalp?

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in his Vivek Chudamani that every Sadhak should try for self deliverance by his own efforts as :

UDDHAREDATMANAM MAGNAM SANSARVARIDHAU I
YOGARUDHATVAMASADHYA SAMYAGDARSHAN NISHTHAYA II (9)

Every Sadhak should try to be YOGARUDHA , involve in NITYA YOGA and he should experience Paramatma , the only truth within himself and he should do efforts to come out from the ocean of sansar and drags out his soul from the bog of birth and death. Rishi Patanjali says in his Yoga Sutra as

YOGAVRUTI NIRODHA: (Yoga sutra 1/2)

that to control our senses and avoid forbidden karma of body and senses, mind and intellect is considered as 'Yoga'. Hence every Sadhak should control his body and senses, mind and intellect and after controlling his CHITTA and controlling his intentions and desires of entertaining his senses, he should be YOGARUDHA and then he should try to do efforts for self deliverance. A Sadhak when becomes conscious about Brahma, indifferent to sansar follows SHAM, DAM and desires only salvation could involve his sources into the knowledge of BRAHMA.

The curiosity of knowing Brahma based on four things .A Sadhak should have understanding of difference between perishable sansar and non perishable Paramatma. He should be indifferent and full of sorrow towards all the worldly instruments and sources of entertainment to his body and senses, mind and intellect; in not only his present life on the earth as a human being but also he should be indifferent and sorrowful about desiring heaven or anything after death . He should have all the six virtues of SHAM, DAM, VAIRAGYA, CONSCIOUSNESS, UPARATI indifferent to the worldly outer subjects and acceptance of every pain and sorrow without complain, TITIKSHA with desires of lots of fruits and he should compromise with whatever he gets as favorable and unfavorable in life and he should be MUMUKSHU abandoning his pride and ego, ignorance and attachment when he wants self deliverance and desires self realization and unification with Paramatma.

When we do sankalpa about doing something to achieve something, we nurture the Pride in our mind as a doer. When we want to complete the task or any karma, we feel the ego for our power and strength about wealth and prosperity, skill and sources. Hence Lord Shri Krishna advises 'not to decide to do or not to do anything but abandon everything to God and face the situations whatever comes in our life with our conscious awakening and do our destined karma selflessly without expecting any fruit for our own self and to do karma for the welfare of others. Every human being has been given Gyanendriya and Karmendriya .The greatest difference between other living beings and human beings is that a human birth is given to experience self realization after many many births and hence a Sadhak should try for self deliverance and self awakening by knowing Brahma. He should not get involved in the bog of birth and death frequently out of ignorance.

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in KENOPANISHAD as:

TASYAI TAPO DAMA: KARMETI PRATISHTHA VEDA: SARVANGANI SATYAMAYATANAM II (8)

TAP, DAM and Karma are the foundations of BRAHMA. Vedas are considered as organs of BRAHMA and truth is the residence , home of BRAHMA. Our soul is a part of PURUSH BRAHMA but our body and senses, mind and intellect are related with Prakruti nature. If we have to depend on our body and senses, mind and intellect which are perishable, how can we achieve imperishable truth i.e. the real substance Paramatma because when we accept the authority of PRAKRUTI and perishable things, our body and senses over us and remain dependant on them, it creates bondage .Paramatma is not achievable .He is already achieved by every living. He is within us. He is available 24*7*366 days and nights. We do not have to depend on our body and senses, mind and intellect to achieve unification with him because our duality with Paramatma is an illusion and unification with Paramatma is the only truth.

Hence Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in his Vivek chudamani as ;

SANNYASYA SARVAKARMANI BHAVBANDHAVIMUKTAYE I

YATYATAM PANDITAIDHIRERATMABHYASA: UPASHTHITAE: II (10)

A knowledgeable person should ponder about his soul patiently and he should abandon all the karma and sankalpa of karma for self deliverance and self realization if he wants to make himself free from the bondage of sansar according to our Shastras. The word PANDIT is defined as a scholar who knows the difference between karya and Akarya but the achievements of sources and success in accomplishment of karma are not for the knowledge. A Sadhak cannot accomplish self realization by billions of karma. He can accomplish the true knowledge of real substance only by experiencing self realization. Knowledge can be steady only if the heart and mind of a Sadhak is selfless and pure. Hence karma is essential for every living but nobody can see liberation by karma or Sankalpa of karma. Hence Lord Shri Krishna advises us not to be KARTA of any KARMA and not to think about 'doing this karma and that karma' because to decide what we have to do is depended on our past deeds and they create our destined karma. Our past deeds define our roles on the earth. The Director has fixed up everything. Script has been written. Roles have been allotted. The stage is ready and now we have to perform our role as 'a human being' in the best possible manner.

Every Sankalpa of doing karma has its beginning and the end. Every living experiences meeting and parting of his beloveds. Every person feels scarcity of one or another thing in his life. Every situation has its favorable and unfavorable effects. Though we experience constant change in nature and scarcity of desired things and miss our beloveds, as they do not live with us forever. We cannot concentrate on imperishable and ever companion Paramatma. Paramatma remains the same in all the situations, in all the regions and in all the time. Hence when we keep our self detached to all the worldly Padartha that emerges and destroyed and when we become independent to our sources and instruments, when we become indifferent and full of sorrow about the worldly things, persons and kriyas with 'no determination' , we can practice for self deliverance.

AGNANA PRABHAVAM SARVAM GYANENA PRAVILIYATE I SANKALPO VIVIDHA: KARTA VICHAR: SOAYAMIDRASHA: II (14)

Every human being is gifted by thinking power. He has to utilize this power for self deliverance. He should think that everything in sansar emerges from ignorance and it would subside and destroyed by the fire of knowledge. The authority of doing sankalpa is allotted to Paramatma only. Hence if he follows Gyan yoga , he would think about duality with Paramatma and tries to concentrate on his original form and remain detached to sansar. A Sadhak who follows Bhakti yoga would think as ' I am GOD's and God is Mine' hence he would feel unification with Paramatma for self deliverance and a karma yogi thinks that everything and all the sources, instruments as his body and senses, mind and intellect, skills and strengths, power and prosperity are given to me to serve others and by applying them in the welfare activities for others, he becomes detached to them and tries to realize self deliverance. Hence by THINKING POWER a Sadhak can realize self deliverance.

Why should a Sadhak try to do efforts for self deliverance on his own?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna...