Chapter 2 Part 6: Kokichi's Second Freetime Event, and Kaede's First

Your POV:

    After having such an amazing time with Rantaro, informing him on everything that happened in the trial, I returned to my dorm room. I still had a lot of time left. A lot of time to do as I please, but I was certain that everyone wanted to think of a plan about the Flashback Light. I should help to, but for now, I need to find something to do.
    The doorbell was ringing multiple times. It meant that someone was at the door. It could be Rantaro, asking to hang out again. This thought made me smile lightly. I always enjoyed hanging around him.
I made my way to my door with a skip in my step and a bright smile. I just wanted to see Rantaro.
Once I opened the door, my smile faded a bit. I was slightly disappointed that Rantaro wasn't at the door. Instead of Rantaro, Kokichi was at the door with a bright smile.
"Hello my beloved (y/n)!" Kokichi exclaimed.
I was slightly irked that Kokichi called me his *beloved*. I never belonged to anyone. I sighed lightly, forcing the smile to continue on my face. That smile looked strained, and I looked slightly pissed, which I was.
"Hello Kokichi. What can I do for you?" I asked, trying not to be rude.
"I would love to hang out with you for a bit. You basically don't have any friends, but that's a lie of course," Kokichi replied.
"You really cannot go a day without lying can you..?" I muttered in response.
"~Noooope!" Kokichi replied happily.
    I sighed in frustration at Kokichi's behavior. I had a few thoughts in my head. I thought about whether to just decline Kokichi's invitation. That would be rude if I did that.
    'I might as well get this over with...' I thought.
I looked over to Kokichi once more, and I smiled. I couldn't bring myself to be rude to him.
"Alright. Where do you want to go?" I asked.
"Hmmm.... is your lab open yet?" Kokichi asked.
"Yeah..." I muttered in response.
"Then lets go there!" Kokichi exclaimed.
All I could do was nod in response. Kokichi and I decided to watch anime in my lab. I feel like I've gotten closer to Kokichi. I decided to give him a gift again. I looked through what I had, and I found a water gun. Maybe he'd like this.
Once I gave him my gift, his eyes seemed to sparkle. He seemed very happy with it.
"I can use this for my pranking!" he exclaimed.
'Oh no...' I thought.
Kokichi was very happy with his gift. He even told me that he'd give me something back someday. It could've been a lie, but I don't know. He seemed to be always cheerful but not in a good sense. I've always sensed mischief in him since I met him.
Kokichi decided to put in an anime called Angels of Death. This specific anime was about a girl with Amnesia who is trapped in some sort of weird facility. This girl's name was Rachel Gardner.
The facility she was in had had about six or seven floors. Each of these floors contained some sort of serial killer. In specific, Rachel asks a serial killer who calls himself Zach to kill her. He only agrees to do this if she escapes.
I thought of this anime as a very interesting one because of the scenario. It's not everyday that you witness an anime that is like this.
"So (y/n)... are you happy Rantaro is alive?" Kokichi asked me.
"Yes I am... why do you ask?" I said in response.
"I was just wondering. To be honest, I'm quite relieved that he's alive as well. Whatever happened, it saved Kaede from being killed as well," Kokichi explained in response.
    "I'm relieved as well. If Rantaro and Kaede would've died, I.... I wouldn't be able to live with myself," I explained.
    "What do you mean. You wouldn't be the causes of death... Well that could be a lie..." Kokichi replied.
    "Quit trying to say stuff like that. Don't think I forgive you for putting me on the spot like that during the trial!" I exclaimed.
    Kokichi's smile turned into a frown. Tears started to form in his eyes, as he let out a sob. Tears fell out of his eyes.
    "I only said that to find the culprit!" Kokichi cried, "why are you so mean!?"
    I think he's trying to do the same thing to me as he did to Miu, after she called him a 'lying little abortion'.
    "I feel a lot better after letting that out," Kokichi replied, all sign of sadness gone.
    I facepalmed because of Kokichi's behavior. This person is so hard to read through. It's like he's created some sort of wall through his lies. I did have one question that's been itching at me ever since the trial. I had an idea on what the answer could be, but I need to hear it from him.
    "Kokichi. How did you find out about what you mentioned during the trial?" I asked.
    "Oh... you mean about the little truck accident you mentioned during the trial..." Kokichi trailed, "well.... I heard about it from you talking to your self in your dorm."
    'I knew it...' I thought.
    I looked to the side. I honestly couldn't help what happened. That part of my past haunts me. The fact that my family abandoned me haunts me. Most of my life is one big curse that others think I deserve.
    "You eavesdropper..." I muttered.
    "I can't help it if the dorm rooms aren't soundproof," Kokichi replied cheekily.
    "Yes you can... you at least have to have some manners!" I exclaimed in protest.
    "Well you know I just can't pass up information that could help in a trial," Kokichi explained.
    "Whatever. Have fun watching anime by yourself!" I shouted before storming out of my lab, leaving Kokichi in shock.
I was honestly very upset. Does that little purple haired liar even know what manners are? I guess not. It just made by blood boil, knowing my privacy was being invaded by someone who would use that specific thing against them.
As I went to go enter my dorm room, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked behind me to see a very concerned looking Kaede. I had no idea how she managed to catch me before I entered my dorm. I wanted to know why she was looking so concerned about me. I was obviously too upset to even try to figure it out.
    "Hey, (y/n), are you alright?" Kaede asked, "you kind of look very upset right now."
I sighed from frustration. I guess this was the answer I was looking for. Kaede noticed I was upset, and she's trying to help. I did trust her with what happened with Rantaro, so I can trust her.
"I'm honestly not alright. I'm very upset right now," I explained.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Kaede asked in response.
It sounds like Kaede is inviting me to hang out. I mean I do need someone to vent to right now, so I don't see why I should decline her invitation.
    "Alright... where do you want to go?" I asked.
    "How about my dorm. It's quiet there," Kaede replied.
    I then spent time with Kaede in her dorm room, talking about what had happened. I honestly felt like I was getting closer to Kaede. I obviously had to give her something.
    I decided to look for something to give to Kaede from my inventory. Kaede was a music fan, so I wanted to give her something that was music related. I used the so calle "Monocoins" to purchase stuff from the school store. I had varieties of things to use as gifts in the future.
    'Tattered Music Scores...  no...' I thought.
I continued to look through my seemingly endless inventory, trying to look for the perfect gift.
'Metronome...' I thought, 'perfect!'
I took a Metronome out of my inventory, handing it to Kaede as a present. When I gave it to her, she had a shocked look on her face. It was like someone truly brightened up her day.
    "Is this for me?" Kaede asked.
    "Yeah. I kind of looked through everything to find the perfect gift. I thought this Metronome would be perfect. You love music after all," I explained.
    "Thank you (y/n)! I really do love it! This will certainly help me with my tempo work on piano!" Kaede replied happily.
    "It's no problem. I always give gifts to others when I hang out with them," I explained.
    "Maybe I can give you something... let me see.... oh here it is!" Kaede exclaimed.
    Kaede handed me a cup of boba tea. She had a smile on her face as she did so.
    "I know this isn't much, but I though you'd love this," Kaede explained.
    That's how I managed to sit in Kaede's dorm, while drinking some boba tea. The boba tea was surprisingly very good.
    "Alright (y/n), level with me. What made you so upset?" Kaede asked.
"It's the fact that Kokichi decided to be an eavesdropper when I was mentioning my past to myself," I explained.
    "Oh... so you're upset because he listened in on a weak moment of yours and mentioned it in the trial, huh?" Kaede asked.
    Kaede basically hit a home run there. She was completely right. Kokichi basically butted into my personal life without a thought of remorse or guilt.
    "You're completely right," I muttered in response.
    "I thought so..." Kaede replied.
    Kaede looked up to me with determination in her eyes. She looked like she was about to spill a huge storm. She is defiantly the type of person to push you back up if something gets you down. It was her character. The unique thing that made Kaede, Kaede.
    "Listen (y/n)," Kaede told me, "you shouldn't let people like Kokichi get to you like that. He's basically like a bully. He wants to get a rise out of you. It's what he is. Letting his comments get to you is just fueling the fire."
    I had a feeling Kaede was right about that too. Kokichi messed with everyone, obviously trying to get a reaction out of everyone. It was that way with Miu, and his insults to her. He called her whole existence a mistake in the trial. He obviously did that just to get a rise out of Miu.
Even when I first met the guy, he was lying to Keebo, just to get a rise out of him. He kept on being rude to Keebo just because of the fact that he was a robot. I knew Kaede hit the ball.
I was acting stupid. Letting that Supreme Leader get a rise out of me. I now felt like an idiot for my behavior.
"You're right Kaede..." I muttered.
"I know," Kaede replied.
'Well you must have a very high ego Ms. Pianist...' I thought.
Kaede is obviously very observant too. She could definitely be an Ultimate Detective. Better yet... the Ultimate Pianist Detective.
"Are you feeling better now?" Kaede asked.
"Yes actually," I replied, "you really helped me a lot."
Kaede smiled at me brightly. I'm pretty sure she was glad to help me because I helped her get her confidence back. I mean Kaede deserves her confidence. She doesn't deserve to be marked as a killer. She didn't actually kill him. It was the Mastermind.
With that, I returned to my dorm room with a few things on my mind.
Those questions were things I needed answers for.
Who exactly is Kokichi Oma? Why does he lie so much? What is the purpose of his talent? Why is he so confusing to read?
Those are question that I'll do my best to find out eventually. I'll make sure of it. That's a promise... a promise for someone I hardly make promises to.
It's a promise to myself.

Another chapter out! So I had to work on this one a little later because I take college classes in the summer sadly. I'll still be doing many updates.
Another thing. I'll just call of the competition when main things happen. I'll just say the limit is the Insect Meet and Greet. I need those predictions please.
One more thing!
My story is signed up for Watty Awards 2019! Make sure to give me story a vote!
Thank you all- CRUSIFIXdroid