Chapter 5 Part 33: Maki Visits Again

Your POV:

    Kokichi had left a couple of minutes ago, leaving me terrified with the last words told to me before he left. After he left, there was a knocking sound that came from the window, and it was revealed to me that Maki was there against all odds of it being Kokichi. Before I knew it was Maki, my mind was almost instantly convinced that Kokichi was going to the other side of the window just to mess with me. When that wasn't the case, relief washed over me, but I knew it would be short lived.
    I didn't have enough strength in my aching limbs to get myself to the height of the Hanger Bathroom window. All I knew was that Maki was there because I heard her ask me if I was doing okay, as well as the fact that Kokichi left as well. I knew very well the conversation Maki and I would have would be a short one.
"I'm just as fine as I can be right now," I told Maki in a quieter tone, "it helps that you have been visiting me... it helps me know that everyone is okay right now, and that's the only thing I can hope for."
What I told Maki was the truth. I was grateful that Maki came by to check on me because she was the one who was keeping an eye on Kokichi. That's all I knew in terms of what everyone was up to at the moment. But I also knew that Kokichi was planning something, but if I even said anything about it, Kokichi would know eventually.
We only had what we assumed was how long it took him to arrive wherever he was getting to. I had to make the most of this conversation with Maki, because if Kokichi found out... I didn't know what could happen. I was terrified to think about what he'd do to me if he even found out Maki was talking with me.
    "Right now, everyone is fine," Maki stated, "like I said the last time I came by, everyone is more worried about you and what that bastard could be planning. In any case though, just try and stay strong for as long as you can. If everyone else can't follow through, I have ways to make sure Kokichi can't harm anyone again."
Maki explained that right now, everyone was fine. It was a nice bit of reassurance to hear. It was basically the same as yesterday when Maki checked on me while Kokichi left. I was told to stay strong as long as I could, and I knew it was getting harder to be strong when I was constantly being told how I was the cause of the people I cared about the most being killed. Because of these thoughts, after Maki told me to try and stay strong, it resulted in my gaze directing itself to the floor.
That wasn't the end of Maki's words as well. She said if no one would follow through, she had ways to keep Kokichi from hurting anyone else. Maki was being completely vague about what was going on, but I thought I knew what she was trying to tell me even if I didn't know what she and the others were planning.
That didn't stop myself from tensing up when I heard the tone she used with that said line. Her voice was quiet like always, but I could hear the rage in her voice, as well as the serious tone as well. Part of me was starting to think that she was planning on killing Kokichi. It did make sense considering she was an assassin, but I knew she still needed to be careful.
"Be careful, Maki," I told her, "I've been trying to be as careful as I can as a hostage, but I'm not in the position to even ignore Kokichi. I'm not in any position to not do what he says, because I know I'll pay the price..."
Maki's eyes were narrowed as I spoke about a little bit of the hostage situation. I told her the truth, and I wanted to warn her about what Kokichi might do with me. I wanted to warn her so badly, but I had no idea how to. I could find a way to code a message somehow, but part of me was thinking that Kokichi would be able to figure that one out. However, I was running out of options at this point.
    "It's good that you're being careful," Maki explained, as her eyes maintained a slightly softer look, "I guess we're all so frustrated right now because we are trying to figure out what Kokichi is planning. There was the whole thing with Rantaro as well. Everyone was upset with him for the way he ignored you like that. There's just a lot at stake right now.
    I knew there was a lot at stake right now. Everyone was frustrated. I was frustrated from this situation too. According to Maki, everyone was trying to get some idea on what Kokichi's next move would be, and I knew a little bit on that matter. Kokichi intentionally told me that I was going to be used, but never explained how in caution of me telling someone else.
    Even if I wanted to code the message, I didn't know much about any sort of code out there that can be used to encrypt what I wanted to say. Even if I did, I couldn't really do much with my arms cuffed behind my back. Because of this, I could either tell Maki what Kokichi said he was going do, or keep my peace.
    Even if I didn't know what Kokichi's true intentions were right now with what he was planning. I knew something bad would happen if I gave her an idea, but I wanted to let them know that something was going to happen. Even if I got caught, I had to warn them in some way. If Kokichi was trying to ensure that no one would know, he still revealed that he was going to do something to me to get the others to kill each other. Time was of the essence right now.
    "Maki, you guys need to be careful..." I told her, "I don't know much on what Kokichi is planning, but it has something to do with me..."
    Even if I was terrified about what Kokichi would do if he found out, I had to tell her. When Maki heard that  Kokichi's plan had to do with me, her eyes started to have a dangerously deep red glint. I knew by now that this dangerous anger in her eyes wasn't directed at me.
    "So whatever Kokichi is planning," Maki said quietly, anger in her voice, "has something to do with you? So he is using you as a motive... that bastard..."
    "Yeah..."I responded nervously, "whatever Kokichi is planning, I'm probably going to be the motive, and I don't even know what he's going to do. He didn't tell me that much because he knew I would find a way to tell someone, so you guys need to be careful. We only have so much time, and you need to know... before you have to go, please let the others know. They need to have an idea on what his plan is, when if I don't know. You have to tell them, please."
Maki stayed silent as I told her what was going on, at least what I knew. I needed to warn them even if it would prove the point Kokichi made to me earlier. I had to tell them, and Maki listening really did help. We were just about out of time, so I had to make sure I told her what I knew and to pass that on to the others.
Maki nodded a few moments after I was done speaking. It was more or less of a quick nod, showing that she understood what I was saying and what I was requesting.
"I understand," Maki replied, "I will pass this on to everyone, but you have to make sure you look after yourself. I'm sure that bastard is almost where he needs to go, so we are out of time for now. Please be careful, (y/n). If you feel alone, just know I'm looking after the hanger..."
I nodded in response to Maki's words. She quickly left the window, and quickly retreated to the darkness for the time being. I let out a small sigh before making my way back to the spot I was laying in. I knew I messed up, but at this point, I've had enough pain from the psychological taunting he dealt me through. There was nothing he could do that would be worse mentally for me for the time being, and I knew I had to warn them.