Prologue Part 9

Your POV:

After leaving Kaede and Shuichi in shock, Rantaro and I made our way from the dormitory. There was still one more place we had to explore and two more people to meet.
     The beige colored sidewalk/road led from the doors to the entrance hall of the school, to somewhere else. That's what Rantaro and I didn't explore yet. The area had a marker of sorts. It was in front of a set of stairs that led down into a different area of the courtyard.
     "Hey Rantaro..." I muttered.
     "Yes? What is it?" he asked in response.
     "This is the only area left I explore. You may have met everyone here, but I highly doubt you've explored everything," I pointed out.
     "Ah-hahaha.... I guess you're right about that. You're pretty sharp. One of the sharpest tools in the shed," Rantaro replied, chuckling nervously.
     A light rose dusted my cheeks when he said that. To make myself stop blushing, I started skipping down the stairs into the unknown area. My body bounced up with each step I took down the stairs.
     Once I got done going down the stairs, I found myself in an area with a few different things. At the end of the road/sidewalk in this area was a cage looking area with red doors. There was also a building in the distance with a small trail leading to it.
     I looked to my right and noticed someone. The person standing there was obviously male. He had long wild olive green hair. His eyes were red, and he wore glasses. His outfit was a brown tuxedo like school uniform. He had no shoes on, and he had some sort of clear plastic box on him, connected to a green strap.
     I felt very nervous all of sudden because of his big build. I started shaking lightly. I felt someone tap my shoulder.
     "Don't judge a book by its cover (y/n). Go over and talk to him, alright?" Rantaro asked.
     My response was a simple nod. I slowly walked over to the man with the big build. He was a lot bigger when he got closer to me. He easily towered over me. Taking a deep breath, I decided to speak.
     "H-Hello," I said, trying to keep the fear in my voice hidden.
     "Hm?" the person asked.
     Silence rang though the air. The muscular guy was staring at me as if he were in shock about something. Suddenly a smile lit the person's face.
     "Oh! Thank you!" the person said happily.
     "Huh? Th-Thank you?" I asked in response.
     "Oh! Sorry for scaring!" the person replied, sounding genuinely worried about my emotions.
     The guy itched the back of his neck nervously. This was a huge shock to me because he looked scary. His voice and his actions were genuine and innocent.
     "Gonta scary-looking. Most people not wanna talk to Gonta when meeting for first time," he explained.
     'Gonta, huh?' I thought.
     "So, like gentleman, Gonta say thank you! Thank you for talking to Gonta!" he said, smiling brightly at me.
     I had no idea what to say about this. I looked over at Rantaro for a second.
     "Told you so..." Rantaro mouthed at me.
     I directed my attention back to the man in front of me.
     "You're welcome. Thank you for being so polite," I replied to the person in front of me.
     This person was not scary at all. I had to keep telling myself that. Rantaro was right. You shouldn't judge someone based on appearance.
     "Oh...right! Gonta need to make introduction!" the person explained, "ummm... Gonta's name is Gonta Gokuhara. Gonta's talent is Ultimate Entomologist. Gonta want to become gentlemen!!Becoming true gentleman Gonta's goal!"
     "So you're Gonta. That's an adorable name! I love it," I told Gonta.
     "R-Really? Th-Thank you," Gonta replied, a blush dusting his cheeks.
     I started to internally gush at how adorable Gonta was. It wasn't like a lovey-dovey gush. More like a reaction to seeing a cute kitten or puppy. I smiled brightly at Gonta.
     "You're pretty nice Gonta! I'm an idiot for being scared of you at first," I said.
     "Oh... Gonta scary-looking, huh?" Gonta asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck with the same blush on his face.
     "Th-That's not what I meant. I'm sorry if that offended you," I replied.
     "No, is ok. Gonta used to it. Gonta called scary since he was kid," Gonta explained.
     "Since you were a kid?" I asked in response.
     "Kid Gonta bigger than other kids. Other kids scared of Gonta... So kid Gonta play alone. That how Gonta come to like bugs. But...when Gonta really focus, it easy to lose track... One day, Gonta go to forest to find bugs. End up lost..." Gonta explained.
     "That seems a bit stressful... did they find you right away?" I asked in response.
     "Yeah... Took ten years, though," Gonta replied.
     "Ten years?!" I exclaimed in shock.
     "But Gonta fine. New family took care of Gonta," Gonta replied happily.
     "I'm glad. Were they nice people?" I asked.
     "Oh...not people. Wolves," Gonta said.
"Wolves?!" I exclaimed.
"But they really nice. Cuz of forest family, Gonta learn to speak bug and animal. As thanks, Gonta wanna show forest family what great gentleman Gonta is!" he replied.
This was all a big shock to me. I was surprised that Gonta wasn't attacked by the wolves. Rantaro walked over to us and smiled.
"Gonta say hi Rantaro," Gonta greeted, "this place strange though, huh. Lots of plants, but no bugs."
"That is strange... It's understandable for no animals, but there should at least be one bug," I explained.
"You like bugs, too?" Gonta asked, his face face becoming intense and scary, "hey, what your favorite bug? What you like about them?"
"U-Um.... I n-never said I *love* bugs..." I replied nervously.
"Then you... hate bugs?" Gonta asked, anger swirling around him.
"H-Huh?" I asked.
"Y-You...hate bugs!?" Gonta exclaimed.
"N-No I don't! Please let me explain. I like some bugs like butterflies and ladybugs, but I'm arachnophobic!" I exclaimed, fearing for my life.
I looked at Gonta with slight fear in my eyes. His eyes seemed to soften. He smiled at me.
"Oh! Gonta understand! Gonta will help you get over fear of some bugs! That will be Gonta's service to you as gentleman!" he exclaimed.
I went over to Rantaro afterwards. He was smiling, sweat rolling down his face.
"That was scary for me to watch," Rantaro said.
"I thought I was going to die..." I replied, my voice shaky.
     I waved at Gonta as a signal that I was going to be leaving. Gonta smiled with his eyes closed in contentment, waving back. It seemed like he had forgotten about what had just happened.
     I looked around the area to figure out where I wanted to go next. I noticed the smaller cage looking building with a red door and vines. It seemed like that place would be worth investigating.
     "Hey Rantaro! We should go to that cage looking building. Someone might be in there," I said to Rantaro.
     "Whatever you want to do. You were the one who invited me to search with you after all," Rantaro replied, chuckling softly.
      I nodded in response, skipping over to the cage-like building. The lower half of the building was covered in green vines. Once we got up to the door, I opened it and walked in.
     The inside of the area was very nice. There was a fountain with a waterfall. Flowers filled the whole place. This area was better kept than the school. I concluded that this was some sort of garden or shrine.
    I noticed a girl, relatively the same height as Kokichi. She had platinum hair in a type of pigtail that connected at about a couple of inches before her hair ends. Her hair was also draped on her shoulders. She had very tan skin and bright blue eyes. She wore a yellow smock and white bikini. She wore white slip on shoes as well. The last accessories she had was a shell necklace, and pearl bracelet. I decided to approach her.
     "Yah-hah! How are ya? My name is Angie Yonaga! I'm the Ultimate Artist!" the girl know as Angie exclaimed before I could say anything.
     She seemed very optimistic. Even more optimistic than I was. She was very bright, and had a very bubbly personality.
     "You seem pretty optimistic. How can you be so cheerful in a situation like this?" I asked.
     "Nyahahaha! There's no reason to carry bad thoughts with ya! You gotta live every day like it's bright, cheery, and fun!" Angie replied, putting her hands over head and slightly bending to the right from my perspective.
     Angie then placed her hands together. She bent her head down and closed her eyes. It looked like she was praying.
     "...So says Atua," she said.
     "Um.... Atua?" I asked in response.
     "The god of my island, Atua, is always with me, speaking to me with His divine voice..." Angie replied, putting her hands to her sides, keeping almost the same expression as before.
     'She certainly is obsessed with her god...' I thought.
     "So what kind of art do you do? Do you paint, draw, sculpt?" I asked.
     "Hmmm...I do all three. I draw drawings, paint paintings, and sculpt sculptures," Angie explained, "but Atua's the one who makes the art. I merely offer my body as His vessel. Nyahahaha! How divine!"
      "I honestly have no idea how that's possible, but can you show me some of your artwork?" I asked, my eyes suddenly sparkling, "I bet you draw all sorts of styles including anime! I'd love to see the anime ones!"
     "Of course, of course. In return, will you make an offering?" Angie asked.
     "An offering?" I asked in response.
     "Every Monday and Wednesday morning on my island, a truck comes to collect offerings," Angie explained, bringing a paintbrush up to her chin in a thinking expression.
     "That reminds me of taking the trash out.." I muttered in response.
     "Don't worry, don't worry. When I say offering, I mean just a pint or two of your blood!" Angie exclaimed in response.
     "Is that all I have to do?" I asked.
     "Ya! It's an offering worthy to see the work of the divine!" Angie exclaimed.
     "I'm ok with that. As long as everything is sanitary, I'm ok with that. I've donated blood at my school before," I replied, "but we will have to save it for until we get out of here. I highly doubt there's the equipment here to do that. Oh yeah. My blood type is A+. I'd assume people would think I'm A Positive person...."
(*badum tsss* ok I did use A+ because of this pun. Deal with it. It is also my blood type, but I wanted to make a pun.)
     "Oh my god..." Rantaro muttered, chuckling nervously.
     "I guess the offering can wait till then!" Angie exclaimed.
     "I guess it's a deal then...." I replied.

     *ding dong bong bing*
     "What was that?" I asked.
     "It looks like it came from the monitor. What could they possibly want?" Rantaro replied.
     "I guess... we will find out soon..." I replied. 

     Hey guys it's yo girl. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. My Christmas break was utter shit, so I wasn't in a good place. I have a few important things to say.
     Numero uno, I wanted to share an idea to make my readers more productive. I loved the fanart competition, so I'd love to keep one going. How I'm going to do this is creating prompts for you guys to draw out. Basically you draw your vision from a simple prompt relating to the story. The time limit for these prompts will be one week. So basically every time I update which will most likely be Friday. The drawing can be in any style too. There are no limits. If you're better at drawing animals, then draw animals. If you like to draw robots, draw robots. (do robots have dicks?)
This is a creative safe space. I will choose a winner for each week. The winner will be different for each time depending on how much art I get. Also to the people who still haven't turned in the fanart for the last competition, I will allow those pieces of art to be used for this week. I'll probably even draw them something for working so hard because I feel bad about ending the competition while a couple of them were still working.
     Anywho, this weekly prompt system is to have you guys be productive. I would love to see your ideas and art styles, so I recommend you try to draw for the prompts. This also helps me come up with ideas for future parts of this story. Don't be shy or self conscious about your art. I'll love it no matter what it is. Also since I do most of my updates on Fridays, you have a couple of extra days for this prompt.
     The person who wins will get a spoiler, a shoutout, their piece will be used in the story if it matches, and an art piece.

    The first prompt will be: "What is your prediction on the scenario in the first chapter?"

     Basically this prompt is asking what will happen in chapter one. It could be victim and culprit, or just anything that will happen. I wish you all luck.
     Another thing is that I'm releasing this update early because I haven't updated in a while. I still need to write the first place winner's chapter, but I still need input.
     We are almost done with the prologue. All I have to get through is the killing game announcement which I have an idea for.
     I hope you all have an amazing day, and I'll try to update by next Friday. Ciao- CRUSIFIXdroid