Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2

Hello.

To all complaining, the story won't end in death.

The story isn't even ending now, k?

Follow me on IG (get me to 650?) > @thehxmmings

Enjoy Readers! x

--

(Calum's POV) 

It was the next day. Michael and Ashton were passed out on the counter from eating pizza the other night. On the other hand, Luke was still bawling his eyes out onto my shirt. He had slept through most of the night, but always jolted awake in tears.

He hadn't looked at me in the eyes ever since last night. He was paler than before, plus if I ever tried to look at him, his eyes were gray and dark.

"Luke?" I whispered gently into his ear. "Luke baby, can you tell me what's going on? I can help you. I promise."

He sniffled. "Y-You can't h-help on t-this one C-Calum." I frowned, taking his hand in mine. Does Michael and Ashton know what's going on? I really need to talk them. "C-Cal!" Luke sobbed, gripping onto my shirt tighter. I rubbed his back lovingly, before seeing Michael tiredly walking towards the two of us. He faked a smile, before sitting down across from us.

"Hey. Luke, you need anything?" Michael whispered. Luke, surprisingly, nodded and faced Michael. He managed to squeak out.

"K-Keep the man a-away from us." Michael tilted his head, before closing his eyes and nodding.

"I'll try."

Michael exited the room, and went upstairs towards the two dogs. Right when the door slammed shut upstairs, Ashton woke up. Pizza was smeared all over his face, and his eyes were slightly red. He just looked up at me before heading upstairs.

"Luke I-"

Small snores were heard from my lap, so I decided that Luke was asleep. He slept stiffly and with no expression on his face. I stood up, replacing my spot with a pillow before following Ashton upstairs and into the room with Michael and the dogs.

"Good Morning, Molly, Fluff." Michael said, petting the dogs. Ashton took a bag of dog food in the corner of the room and filled the green bowls. From there, Molly and Fluff ate their breakfast. 

"So, what's up with Luke?" I questioned, cocking my eyebrows. Ashton and Michael shared a look before sighing and facing me.

"Last night, while you were asleep, someone called your phone. There wasn't any caller id so Ashton, as the oldest guy, answered the phone." Michael mumbled. "Then, it was a stranger, almost like a stalker, saying that he'd kill you and Luke if you guys didn't come to an old park at 2:00. If you two came, he'd only take Luke." Ashton nodded, biting his lip.

I swear, once Michael explained, my knees went week and my heart dropped. Luke was suffering because of a threat, a really terrible threat. I sucked in a breath before looking around the room, making sure that this wasn't a dream.

"Y-You guys are s-serious?" I gulped. The two of them nodded. I scratched my head, and walked in circles around the room. I didn't know how to deal with these situations.

"Aha!" Ashton snapped. "Pack your stuff and grab the dogs. We'll stay at a hotel for two more days. Then, we'll call Anthony and tell him everything." Michael and I shared a look before shrugging and the three of us started to pack.