Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop

Heyyooo.

I'm sorry for the terrible update schedule.

It's not me, it's school.

Enjoy!

--

(Luke's POV)

Today was the day. The one chance I was given to have Calum back. Today was February 14th. Today was Valentine's Day. I dusted off my tuxedo, feeling the pants not hugging my legs. Obviously, they're not your regular skinny jeans. Michael walked into the bathroom and smirked.

"Looking fine Hemmings."

"Can't say the same about you. Because your not wearing this." I replied. He playfully soffed and punched my shoulder lightly. He left the bathroom as I started putting my hair up. As I was about to exit the door, I heard some voices.

"Calum! Not in the bathroom! Come play video games with us! Come on Cal!"

"I have to go!"

"Calum!"

I heard footsteps approaching the door and I quickly locked it. I let out heavy sighs as I sat on the floor, using my feet for extra protection. Calum started to play with the knob and he yelled at Michael.

"Mikey! Keys!" He yelled. I kept as quiet as possible.

"Ash? Michael?" Calum shouted. I sneezed. I quickly covered my mouth, hoping that he didn't hear. I could literally feel Calum's eyes burning a hole through the door.

"Luke? Are you in there? I thought that you were still in your bunk?"

I stayed silent and luckily, he left shouting for the bathroom keys. Once I knew he was gone, I left the bathroom and locked the door behind me so it seemed like I was never in there. As soon as I heard Calum's footsteps and the keys, I jumped into my bunk and tossed a blanket over my body.

Calum must've heard the noise, because he stopped at my bunk and opened the curtain. He looked at me curiously and darted his eyes towards my legs. My slacks are showing. I quickly covered them up with the blanket and weakly smiled.

"Hi Luke."

"Hey."

"Happy Valentine's Day." He murmured. I frowned and lightly sighed.

"You too Cal."

Calum then unlocked the bathroom door and went inside. As soon as he did that, I ran out of my bunk and towards the front of the bus. Michael and Ashton were there, holding out a bouquet of flowers and the note Ashton had told me to write a few days back.

I slipped on my shoes quickly and snatched the flowers and the note out of their hands.

"When should I go?" I asked.

We all listened to the sound of the toilet flushing and the driver stopping the bus in Chicago, Illinois. Michael tossed me my phone and a pair of speakers. I looked at him questioningly as we heard the bathroom door swing open.

"I charged your phone all the way and the plan is in your notes app. Hurry!" Ashton whispered. I dashed out of the bus just as Calum came to the front of the bus. Not wanting to ruin my suit, I walked away from the bus and checked my notes: