Chapter 17 - The Truth

Hi guys. What's chillin?

I'm having so many Cake feels right now..

But that's basically all the time.

Enjoyy!

--

(Luke's POV)

It's been a few days after Calum and I got together. It was so hard keeping it from the other boys and the fans. He said that we would do it today, so hopefully everything works out.

It was exactly 4:23pm and the boys and I were waiting backstage. Calum was currently dangerously close to me and has been for the past two days. He always stayed by my side and always touched me more often than usual. Not that I'm complaining.

The two days passed by so quickly and I knew that I was one hundred percent ready to tell everyone. That's just the kind of person I am, because Calum didn't look like he was ready.

Calum was fine for a few days and everything seemed perfect. Now, the day that we had promised to tell everyone arrived. Calum was shaking and often staring away like only he existed. He was also a lot paler since yesterday.

"Luke, Michael. What's up with Calum?" Ashton said, looking at the black haired boy. Calum wasn't even paying attention, he was still staring at nothing and shaking in fear.

"Don't know. Luke, do something." Michael mumbled, focusing on his video game. I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at Calum.

"Calum and I are going for a walk around the building." I said, snapping in front of his face. He shook his head as I dragged him outside of the backstage area, and into the stadium's janitor closet. I closed the door behind me and flicked on the lights.

"Janitor's closet. Classy." He smirked with a laugh threatening to escape. I stared at him and quickly shook my head.

"Please Cal, we're not ready. It's been two days. Only two." I started. "Calum can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"Are you really ready to tell everyone?"

Calum sat down, leaning against the tan wall. He was deep in thought, closing and shutting his eyes every once in a while. I frowned, knowing that he was definitely not ready. I sighed and started to exit the door. Calum quickly grabbed my wrists and swung me towards him.

"I'm ready."

"For the boys and the fans."

"Anything can come at me, but it will never stop me from loving you."

He gave me a quick peck on the lips as we both left the janitor's closet. We arrived back to where we were before. Michael was no longer playing video games, he was on his phone. Ashton came, as if on cue, from his hair being done by Lou.

"Guys, we need to talk." Calum said sternly, he walked and plopped himself right next to Ashton. Ashton looked at him in confusion and Michael showed the same expression. I sighed and nodded towards Calum.

"I hope that you will, accept this, um, I-I..." Calum stuttered as he trailed off. Ashton started to rub his back and Michael just whispered.

"Just let it all out."

He only nodded, but responded to nobody. He looked up at me for help and I quickly obliged with a quick smile at Calum.