Chapter 28 - Second Chances

Heyyooo

Update today :D

THE STREAMYS ARE TONIGHT WOOH! <3

Enjoy!

--

(Calum's POV)

It was Monday morning and today we would go to practice at the studio. Luke had woken up hours ago, but he stayed in his bunk. Michael helped him clean up the cereal and milk that they poured on his bunk Saturday night.

I groaned and stretched out on my bed. I heard a small coughing noise from the bunk across. It sounded as if Luke was choking. He then sneezed and coughed lightly. I scrambled out from underneath my blanket and reached over to open Luke's curtain.

Once I did, he looked as if he was about to pass out. His face was all pale and his nose was a bright pink. He was under layers of blankets and shivered. I frowned and found a spot next to him and layed down. Luke saw me and immediately backed away.

"Cal, don't want to get you sick." He said, his voice really dry.

"It's fine, how'd you get sick?" I asked, cuddling closer to him. It's only been two full days and I'm the happiest to have him back.

"Well-"

Before he could speak, Michael pulled me out of Luke's embrace and onto the ground. I grumbled and sat stubbornly in the middle of the floor. Luke laughed, but it turned into coughing fits. Michael rubbed Luke's back, keeping me out of his reach.

"Cal, if you don't know already we're going to the studio in the afternoon. You can't get sick."

"Then what happened-"

"Two days ago, he waited half an hour for you in the rain when we were at Chicago. He got a cold." Ashton said, walking in from the front of the bus. "It's almost 12:00, get ready to leave."

"No, I wanna stay with Lukey." I whined, pouting my lips. Michael and Ashton looked at each other to confirm something, and looked back at me. They both shook their heads and I groaned, getting off of the floor.

"You'll have to take Luke's lines." Ashton said. "Let's go!"

Ashton and Michael went into their bunks, probably grabbing clothes. Right as I was about to go into Luke's bunk, Michael grabbed my ankle and I nearly toppled over. I jokingly glared at him and went into my bunk to get myself some clothes.

The three of us finished changing so Ashton and Michael were waiting for me in the front. I went over to the bunk to see Luke, eyes opened weakly. He smiled lightly before relaxing his face again.

"I'm sorry I can't stay Luke."

"It's fine. I love you Calum."

"I love you too Lukey."

I kissed him on the cheek and left to the front of the bus where the other boys were waiting for me. Ashton saw the goofy smile on my face and he just had to comment on it.

"Did you get some?"

I blushed as I mumbled a small no, knowing that what I said was a complete lie. We walked out of the bus, down the street, and into Ohio's biggest recording studio.