Chapter 24 - Running Away

Hello guys. (so awkward <<<.)

I'm already back to school..no pls.

Also, I'm craving french fries, don't ask :) x

Enjoy :))

--

(Luke's POV)

It was February sixth, and things haven't been going so right ever since my ex-father showed up in Washington. The boys and I casually played the small concert in Dakota and we were now in Iowa. We barely did concerts, but did more of song writing and studio working. The tour and bigger concerts were all saved up for summer and spring. Everything was going okayt, except a small problem between Calum and me.

A big problem, between Calum and me.

Calum was the sweetest, don't ever get me wrong on that, but he's kind of babying me now. Ever since my ex-father told him to keep me safe, he treats me differently. We barely kiss or cuddle. He only hugs me, wait, group hugs me. Only if it's with the band.

Michael started to notice the way Calum has been treating me lately, so he suggested to me to write a letter and give it to him. I did what he said and put in all of my thoughts and feelings into it. Writing letters is just my thing. 

Once I gave it to Calum, he nodded and didn't even smile at the letter. He mumbled a thank you and dashed off towards Michael to play video games. Once I went through his path, I saw my letter crumbled up on the floor by his bunk. 

That was only two days ago and I was starting to questioning myself. Does Calum still love me the way I love him? I decided to leave my bunk for the day and went over to Ashton's. As I opened the curtains, he looked at me with a confused expression.

"Cuddle?"

"With me? What about Cal?"

"Ash, please."

Ashton shrugged and scooted over as I hopped into his bunk. I leaned against the wall, barely cuddling with him like I said I would. Instead, I grabbed a pillow and squeezed it.

"What do I do about Cal?" I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Ashton said, tossing his phone to the side.

"He doesn't act like my boyfriend. He acts like a new dad. His cuddles and kisses with me stopped, and he only hugs me....rarely. I'm not sure if he still loves me the way I love him."

Ashton sat there, a little shocked at what I said, but nodded his head in and understanding matter. He must've noticed this too. It was silent for a few moments and just as I was about to get up, Ashton pulled me back down.

"Do you still write those letters?"

"Yeah, every so often."

"Then write one for him, express your feelings in it. Give it to Calum on-" Ashton trailed as he checked his calendar. "-Valentine's Day. Then look at his reaction. If it wasn't the reaction he had before he knew it was you, then...I'm sorry Luke."

I only nodded as I slowly exited his bunk. I climbed up to my bunk and sat down, silently needing Calum to clear this thick air that I have been choking on. I quickly closed the curtain behind me and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from my bag. Listening to Ashton's idea, I thought of Calum, and started to write everything I thought about him.