Chapter 21 - Back at it Again

Hai Readers..

Welp, this is the next chapie.

I hope you all like it. :))

Add To Your Libraries x Enjoy.

--

(Calum's POV)

It's been about two weeks since Christmas and Luke has gotten so much better. He completely forgot about Amayra and his father. We promised to never mention those things to him ever again, or he'll just break down. We all spent New Year's a little outside of L.A., watching the fireworks in a big field. That was all last week. This week, we're about to get off of our small Christmas break.

During our break, we performed two times at the stadium, but that was really it. For the rest of the time, we just hung around L.A..

We were now in Washington, getting ready to practice at the studio to practice and to plan other performances. We've been in Washington for two days so far. Spring and summer were coming up fairly quickly and we only had a few weeks until we had to enter our American tour bus again.

"5 Seconds of Summer?" A tall middle aged lady asked. The four of us stood up from the velvet couch and walked towards her. "That's us." Ashton said.

"Ok. Studio number eighteen." She told us, pointing down the hall. "It's toward the left, a black door with a small window."

"Thank you." We chorused as we went down the hall. When we saw the studio room, we walked in quietly and sat down, waiting for the men who would help us practice. Last time I saw him was three months ago, bald with a small beard forming on his chin.

"Woah Oh Woah Oh Oh Oh." Luke sang, his voice filling the room. Ashton and Michael were playing with the voice manipulations on the panel to change Luke's voice. "Lucas! Again!" Michael called throught the microphone. Luke gave him a thumbs up and his voice filled the room again.

"Here's to teenage memories." I mouthed, singing in my brain. I remember the first time when Luke sang those lines at our first stadium concert. He was so nervous, but we all helped him through it. "Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss meee." That's exactly what Luke sang at the first stadium concert. Through the chorus, he looked at the entire time. He must've liked me for quite a while.

"Boys!" An old man said as he came into the room. He wasn't the guy that we had three months ago. He was much different. "Hiiii. Who are you?" Luke said through the microphone, keeping the headphones on for an answer.

"Your new vocal teacher." He said. "The other man quit. His file said that he chose to get married over this job."

"Good for him." Michael smiled.

"Anyways, my name is Anthony. You guys can head into the recording booth. I'll deal with all of the tuning later. Clearly, from listening to you guys live, you barely even need tuning." I smiled at what he said.

"You guys can warm up your vocal cords first." He told us, while looking at a yellow list. Ashton, Michael, and I joined Luke in the booth as Anthony spoke through the microphone.

"Wherever You Are. Practice that one, I'll be back soon." He said, rushing out the door. Luke tensed at the song choice. Aleisha McDonald. I sighed rubbing a comforting hand on his back. He immediately relaxed under my touch as Ashton and Michael stared with worried looks.