Chapter 14

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Follow. Please Share w/others (if you feel like its worth sharing). Please Vote (if you liked it).  Please Comment (if you have something to say).

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 14 (Chelsea POV)

My body was relaxed; I gazed at Gabriel, his face mirroring the happiness I felt inside.

“Come on mate,” Gabriel replied pulling me to the white linen covered center table, not sitting after helping me, instead lifting the cover tray, and placing our meals on the table. They were warm… I’m not sure why that surprised me; he seemed to have planned this whole thing down to the T.

Closing my eyes I inhaled, “Mhmmm, this smells mouthwatering,” I blurted out, my hunger back at full force.

“It should, I had the same chef from our last date prepare our meal,” he paused cutting into his meal, “the others are having the same meal, just inside.”

And like Marx was touched when Camilla spoke to his mother, I was pleased that he thought of my pack.

 .

.

 We ate quietly, sharing glances, smiles, and it was- perfect at the day that we had, exactly what I needed but didn’t even know it. We didn’t discuss my nightmare, or his experience, just small things, telling stories, until he brought up Greta and Zeke.

“You seemed to warm up to my Aunt’s family quickly.”I wasn’t sure what he meant by that statement, his face was relaxed. I wondered if he meant, he was displeased that I bonded with Greta but not his parents, so instead of making a comment I remained silent until he continued, but I thought of our situation.

“They are warm and welcoming people,” Gabriel continued, “I’m happy you arranged an alliance with Marx.”

“Me too, I couldn’t believe he wanted nothing in return, people always want something.”I finally responded, but I should have chosen my words a bit carefully.

“Gabriel,” I said putting my fork down, “I know you gave up on your family… but maybe you shouldn’t have written them off. All of them off?” I had waiting for a moment to say this for a while because I had hoped that not everyone would react to our relationship as George had. Camilla hadn’t, and I believed that maybe there were others who would support him.

He nodded, “I’m not sure if you understand or that I understood before today Chelsea. I had to do what I did and today was just icing. I’ll never cut ties with all my family, there are a few that I know without doubt who support me. But I know walking away from my dad was the right decision. Greta, Zeke, Marx and my aunt were more concerned about you than my own parents. Marx offered you, an alliance, wanting nothing in return, but my father saw you are a problem, then a blood bank. In the beginning I was trying to push and force together two wants and that simply isn’t feasible. I know that now, I know a whole lot more now,” he said; a cryptic message about my dream?  

“I just want to concentrate on Ava and each other. Finish school - which neither of us really need- and start our lives together. Along the way we will build and create treaties with other packs. There was definitely something amiss in my old pack. When you’re too close to the problem, you can’t see all the things wrong. I remained slightly ambivalent for a long time,” he shook his head.

It seems we both learned something new today.

 .

.