Chapter 13

• Dedicated to ALL MY READERS

A/N: was up typing this, cause i couldnt sleep... it has is mistakes. Those of you that comment & vote every chapter... THANK YOU :) 

Chapter 13 (Chelsea POV)

I remember as a child that when I sensed change, I would shut down to remain stoic and mature, because crying, pouting, being difficult, hiding, none of those things, ever stopped the change from happening. All it did was prologue the inevitable, change always ended with acceptance.

When I went to stay with Leo, I processed how to handle change much quicker, the punishments made sure of that.

I opened my eyes, in the hospital, and saw a man reading and observed him for a while before even letting it be known that I was awake. Now when I think back to that time I realize that Dad probably knew I was awake that whole time but didn’t want to startle me for whatever reason.

Dad helped me. Not just by finding what helped channel my emotions productively, but showing me that ‘change,’ was not my enemy. That while some things wouldn’t always be pleasant, I should seek out the bright side of the downfall. It wasn’t so I would always remain chipper or oblivious and out of touch with reality, but so I could see that change could be positive.

.

.

With my mates, hand in my own, clasped between us, we neared the black pickup truck with Greta in the front passenger side, her mate beside her. When Marx, Camilla, Gabe and I were closer we noticed, well I noticed that there was a container hitched to the pickup.

“Zeke and I are all packed up,” Greta said smiling, bouncing in her seat while her mate bit his lip and avoid eye contact with the rest of us. But I could see it, the humor in his eyes at her behavior.

Camilla pulled away from Marx; facing Greta completely, “You don’t have to leave because I can see now…” she said sadly, “Are you going to Pax in Canada?” I stood watching this interaction. Observing closely. I saw the smile that actually slowed down the racing of Marx’s’ heartbeat. Then, I turned thoughtful, he was proud of his mate, he loved that she did not want his parents to feel like a burden.

I have to admit, Greta did not look like a person who thought she was going to be a burden, in fact she didn’t seem too sad at all unless I was reading her behavior and physical gestures wrong. Greta waved her hand at Camilla, “Nonsense Camilla, you and my boy need to bond with Moon-star and each other again… you don’t need me encroaching on your space. Plus I won’t be too far. I asked Chelsea to visit so I’ll only be a few hours away; if you need me… you know I’ll come.” They were silent for a while, and I knew they were having a silent conversation, but I wasn’t inclined to listen.

You okay with her coming right now? Gabe asked worriedly when I stiffened and relaxed.

No it’s fine, I replied quickly before he took it upon himself to uninvited them.

“I have information on her mother Marx; Anya was my best friend and not knowing what happened to her has always bothered me. I feel deep down that I need to go with Chelsea here,” she tried to calm her son down who looked displeased, I think, if the vein protruding in the middle of his forehead was anything to go by.

Rolling his eyes, Zeke – as Greta called him- faced us, “Marx I will be with your mother. You know we will keep each other safe,” his words caught my attention. I felt like there was a double meaning behind his words but when I checked his thoughts, if it wasn’t for the fact that I was dead on my feet, I wouldn’t listened in on his thoughts.