Chapter 48: Two New Recruits

Kelvin found Dorian studying, with the door open,  which was unusual,  perhaps he had gotten so angry he had forgotten to close the door. Kelvin knocked,  drawing the old man's attention to himself, 
"no,  we are not having this conversation "   he said returning his gaze to his book.
" you have no idea what i wanna say do you " Kelvin argued
" this is the part you tell me things aren't what they seem and try to convince me to go along with the flow " he replied

" well good news,  that's not why I'm here"  he replied
Dorian scowled  "so why are you here"
"okay fine I'm here to tell you exactly what's going on " Kelvin sighed
" like i said i don't wanna hear it " he said returning to his books.
" father...  Lets hear what Kelvin has to say " Darla said walking in to climb the bed behind him.
" yea let's hear him"  Ariel began " he's not the type to break an oath right,  let's hear him".
Dorian reluctantly agreed.
"what happened,  why are you here with an army of Rothgars men"

"okay first of all they all aren't Rothgars men" Kelvin began " these people you see were specially selected from all the Kingdoms in the West. Excluding Blackheath as usual"
"the king heard of this army or creature that destroys all in its path and sent these soldiers to find out what it is exactly,  to determine its strengths and weaknesses and in return tell us how to fight back before it wipes out humanity"

"think of this group as the only torch that can see humanity's future in this black oblivion" Kelvin stated
"and you're with them because? " Ariel asked
" because they are westerners,  they don't know this terrains,  i have to help them find what they are looking for "
" and why did you agree to do this " Dorian asked
" if i didn't... I just bolstered the chance of humanity's extinction "
At this point Kelvin felt the urge to tell them about his father and who he was, but he decided to retain the knowledge within himself.
" what do you want me to do now " Dorian asked
" accept them " Kelvin requested" all of them including the princess "
" i believe in the future she can bring us " Kelvin concluded.
Dorian fell silent for a long period of time.
" we'll Kelvin,  ive always trusted your judgment,  i will again this time, don't let me down " Dorian said.
" thanks man"
"we'll settle things over breakfast, now get some rest " he said returning back to his books.

Kelvin turned to leave,  but his eyes met Aureathria's standing a few feet away, wearing an expression that convinced him,  that she had heard all that they said,  he became nervous instantly,  dreading the moment she would speak. She opened her mouth eventually,
"Natasha is awake" she said.
Kelvin didn't hear her at first, since his mind was laced with the belief that she was going to react to what she had heard. Then the sentence clicked,  he exhaled,  temporarily relieved, he followed her to the room  to see Natasha.

                                      Natasha sat up against the wall with her pillow behind her, her legs covered in blankets. Her head was partly bandaged and her torso too. She didn't notice them when they entered, but sat there deep in her thoughts. Kelvin on a stool by her side,  while Aureathria sat on the other. Aureathria brought her back to her surroundings by tapping her on the shoulder,  after which she looked around her and then noticed Kelvin.

Her gaze grew into a glare, that made Kelvin to swallow the lump in his throat. She reached out her arm, and he reacted, by blocking with his, expecting a punch in the face, but her arm went around his neck instead. "you're here"   she muttered.
Kelvin could sense the pain in her voice as she spoke,  forcing his voice down to an involuntary whisper.
"yes, I'm here " he replied placing his hand at her back.
" thank you" she muttered again...  Kelvin tilted his head towards Aureathria with an inquiring look in his eyes, and her her face brightened with a soft smirk in response response only.