Chapter 43 Ruins Of Eldor

"Ava"  Kelvin yelled through storm of raging winds.
"think about what you're doing " he advised,  shielding his eyes from the dust.
Ava looked at him for a bit then returned her gaze to choking Edda,  raising the dagger higher.
" alright... wait wait wait" he begged " you don't have to do this" 
"of course  i do" Ava's voices thundered, 
"for all the mages hunted and killed across the realm" she said looking back at Edda.
Every thing played slowly to Kelvin as he heard those words,  Rothgar was responsible for that not Edda,  and this was the way they had planned to get revenge, his disappointment tuned into anger. He barged through the winds at her,  but was quickly swept off his feet and thrown into another tree down the line.

Ava watched in amusement for a bit as he struggled to get up,  but kept falling back down,  when she had enough,  she returned her gaze to Edda, released her breath and dropped her to the earth
"any last words"   she asked
"go to hell " Edda glared
" Hmmm Always a fighter " Ava smirked then walked closer.
" I'll be sure to tell the king of your bravery when i kill him too" she added
Kelvin heard his name, in form of whispers,  he turned to see Rava,  calling to him desperately
"take off the chain " Rava  said after getting his attention
" what " Kelvin asked
" just do it...  Thank me later" Rava said.
Kelvin put his hands around the chain and pulled it up,  then took a look at Rava who nodded in acknowledgement.
He took it off and tossed it onto the earth. He immediately felt drawn to the skies and his  eyes landed on the full moon,  followed by the sounds of snapping bones and ripping flesh.

Edda hit Ava with her chain on the face, to cut her off. Ava noticed a cut on the side of her brow and retaliated by ceasing her breadth again, and that was when she heard it,  a loud ear piercing howl.  She sighed and turned around to the wolf. "finally things have gotten a bit interesting"  she said,  wrapping Edda up in a mass of ice she had solidified from the falls. She shot a couple of stones and sticks at the charging wolf,  but he evaded them quickly, she tried the winds,  but he was too heavy on the ground,  she tried the lightening bolts but he just knew where to hide to avoid it, she was resorting to flames when the wolf jumped and knocked her into the water.

He picked her up by the waist with one hand  and threw her straight into the falls,  which also knocked her down into the water again. He went over to sniff Edda's ice cage, and didn't see Ava's lightening bolt coming it stuck him and sent him crashing to the ground.
A grave silence befell the entire scene after this happened and the winds calmed.
The wolf got up again,  completely healed and charged at her. But she was ready this time.  She levitated  and planted a seal on its chest,  that sent it crashing down to her side. Its red eyes changed into the familiar yellow,  but it couldn't return to the human form. It shrunk in size steadily till it was twice the size of a human,  then the eyes slammed shut.

Ava immediately turned off the glow and took of her hood when she realized it couldn't move,  her plan had worked.  She released the spell she had cast on the others, and beckoned to them to come over, Dru also came running from the camp, and didn't stop till he reached the large wolf. He tugged at the wolf's head for a bit,  then the wolf's eye's opened to reveal Kelvin's.
Edda lay on the floor a few feet away from him looking dreadfully at the beast before her.
"Edda,  are you alright " she heard Kelvin's voice reach out to her,  but the wolf's mouth wasn't moving
The question came again,  then she nodded slowly.

" Kelvin" she called,  and the wolf responded looking to her,  "look in the water"  she urged.
Kelvin motioned to stand, but landed back on the muddy earth. He tried to again and was able to push himself up from the mud,  he looked into the water in the moon light and there in his below him on the water surface was the image of a wolf,  a wolf so big it scared him,  he fell backwards and splattered on the mud,  making Edda giggle lightly.
Kelvin turned to her,  wondering what could possibly be funny,  that was when it hit him.
"this was all a show to prove their their theory right,  no wonder Ava had kept them all tied up but him"