Chapter 37: The White Wolf Returns

Definitely sure you all wont see this coming. Enjoy...
Sorry did i say enjoy??? 😏
Anyways chapter sountrack : the night we met(lord huron)
Don't play until u see the music symbol.
Oh and remember to read at the same pace with the song, thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Levi's defeat was a silent one, he had run out of ideas and was hopelessly waiting for the ogre to keep his word.
Ava was watching the scene from where she lay until she heard the sound of snapping bones and ripping flesh. The cracking sounds contiued to increase heightening her fear and curiosity, she quickly turned and her eyes grew wide with what they were beholding.

Where Kelvin lay a few moments ago, stood a large wolf, bigger than the ogres in size and mass, howling so loud it hurt her ears. Levi and the rest of the others that weren't knocked out immediately turned around, and be held the huge creature with dread in their eyes. The sight snapped kira back to her right mind and the likes of Edda Ivan and Rava 's hearts had reached their throats.

The moment it stopped howling, it charged at the ogres directly, ignoring every other person in sight. The bald ogre was the first to challenge it. He took his leg off Vulcan and dropped Mia, then readied his club for a powerful swing. As soon as the wolf entered the club's range, he swung as hard as he could, and successfully hit the wolf by the side, but didn't seem to hurt it. The wolf, still in motion, scratched at the ogres thick skin a couple of times, with a tremendous force, then bit down on half of the ogres side, its teeth piercing the neck and ribs at the same time. the ogre struggled and pulled at its fur, but didn't seem to be doing any harm. It gritted its teeth together and increased increased its pace, till the ogre stopped moving.

It dropped the ogre when it noticed the ogre had stopped breathing and continued on to the other ogre who immediately held Edda's neck to his blade, threatening to kill her if the wolf got closer, but it didn't stop. Rava quickly released two arrows into the wolf's back to halt it's movements, which it did and tilted it's head back to look at him. It watched as he dropped his bow quickly and held his hands up hilariously, before returning foward. It sent it's left paw foward smacking Arekus away from Edda, to a distance a few meters up ahead. Tumbling with loud thuds he rolled over and over, then came to a stop by a tree stomp.

Before he got the time to get up, it pounced on him, and ripped his throat out. Satisfied it turned back to the humans, but they had disappeared, except Gaitan.
They had hurriedly got on their feet, helped the wounded up, and hid behind the fallen tree again , while the Wolf sniffed around for their scent.
"how did it find us" Edda whispered
" it knows your scent " Mia replied
" It couldn't have swarm across the sea could it? " Levi commented, but got no reply
" it's not going to kill us right Mia? " Rava asked, with a hint of panic about his voice
" i don't know that " she replied, focusing on what was in front of her
"that was what you said before" he retorted nervously, but only got an irritated stare in return
"i think it has been traveling with us" Ava who seemingly relaxed, tried to scare them a bit more.
They all turned to her with unbelieving expressions.
"what is up with you " Edda inquired uncomfortably.
"how do you know that" Marcus asked, but his expectations for a reply died when another growl sounded from the wolf's direction

Since it was useless to run at that point, Edda decided to at least see closely what the beast that would end her life, really looked like. She popped her head up from behind the huge log, and focused on the Wolf. Something about the eyes seemed to tip her off a bit, it looked oddly familiar, from its color and patterns. She couldn't say where exactly she had seen it.
It wandered over to her pack somewhere on the ground and began to claw at it.
"hey" she yelled
"hey... stay down... And Don't piss it off" Rava snapped.
She shot him a dark glare and retured to face it, and then it all came running to her.
The painting in the hall, his first night at the castle , the night he rescued them, the way his eyes had glinted off the camp fire the night he held her in his arms to keep her warm, it was identical, but didn't make any sense. the wolf couldn't possibly have a striking resemblance with Kelvin. She turned to where Kelvin had fallen, and he wasn't there, he couldn't be the wolf before her, could he.