Chapter 6: Memories ✅

When Kelvin first sprang to consciousness, all was darkness, so dark he couldn't even see the palm of his hands up close. "Of course they killed me" he thought slamming his palm against his temple in disappointment. not sure where he was, he groped unable to feel the ground under his feet or any object in his surrounding. He slowly began to pick up whispers, but couldn't tell what direction they we're coming from, yet they increased in volume almost in an instant, and washed all over him, so much that his Head rang with pain. Terrified he fell on his knees and covered his ears with his palm, with his eyes slammed shut. Not too long after the whispers subsided, he heard a quick tapping sound and opened his eyes to find himself in the hallway that led to the room he was given in the castle, but it felt different, there was a warm feeling about the place unlike the cold one he knew. He stood still looking around till a little boy ran past him, he followed involuntary, having no where else to go. He was tempted to call the boy, but was unsure if the boy could hear him. Just before any word could proceed out of his mouth a light appeared ahead of the boy, revealing a slightly open door.

The boy ran through small opening made by the door calling "Dad!" kelvin hid behind the door and peeked into the room. From where he was standing, he could see a part of the room which was identical to the one he was given in the castle.

He heard a voice come from within the room "come here wee pup"... Kelvin quickly pushed the door and traced the sound of the voice. He gasped at the sight of the man he had seen in the portrait... The man he was Still struggling to believe was his father, raising the little boy up, with a broad smile upon his face, the wolf head chain with ruby eyes dangling from his neck.

Neither of them seemed to notice him, Alwin was heavily dressed up in the Fang's armour, the gold sigil etched on it. Kelvin couldn't take his eyes of him as he played with the little boy. He couldn't believe how much he looked like him.

The door creaked open drawing the attention of all three of them as Beatrice walked in "its time my lord." she said as she turned to pick up his helm from the table. Kelvin sighed when he saw the iron wolf head helmet made of cast iron. The upper mouth above his head and the lower, under his jaw leaving a terrifying face mask that only made space for eyes, between them. He watched as his father remove the chain from his neck and put it on the little boy, then pulled a knife and made an inscription on his chest. At that moment the scar on his chest hurt like it was fresh wound, he groaned in discomfort as did the little boy, but he was more intrigued to see what exactly the mark looked like, taking a few steps forward, but froze in his tracks on realizing that it was identical with his.
Then it dawned on him slowly, the little boy was him, having discovered where he got the mark from.

"why did you do that! the boy is still young, you could do it when he's older." Beatrice protested.

"and if I don't make it back?" he quizzed her, returning the knife. "remember the plan?" he asked her.

Kelvin was shifting his gaze between them as they talked. "yes My lord... but... "

"you know what must be done...The survival of my..." the creak of the door interrupted him as Rothgar walked in, looking just slightly younger than he was when kelvin saw him, also dressed up in the Fang's black and Gold, a cute little girl in his arms.

"Its time Rehdah, father requests your presence" he said putting the little girl on the ground, "now listen to me Edda, daddy's going be gone for some time, be good, and play with kelvin alright." he said toying with her cheeks. She only made cute gestures and nodded in response. Not sure whether she got the message or not he and Alwin walked out the room and closed the door behind them. Kelvin stood still staring at his younger self as he played with Edda under Beatrice's watch.