Chapter 39: Not what I Think I Am

The sun had risen up on the morrow, bathing the rows of houses in its yellow radiant glow as life began to return back to the village,  people moved about from houses to the markets,  and had the mental liberty to enter the farms once again, although carefully and cautiously. The old village head sat at the entrance of the town hall again. Kids played games all over the streets, and chased each other around.
The site of Gaitan's cremation had was being cleared too as a token of the villagers gratitude for the help they rendered.

Up in the room where Kelvin slept. Edda and Ava too were asleep on the chairs, each one facing the other,  while the others were also asleep in the other rooms provided for them in the town hall, they all stayed in bed till the late morning,  having no plans to go anywhere anytime soon.
Edda's arm slipped from the side of her face,  and her eyes sprung open. She looked around for a bit,  but the ray of light coming in through the windows prevented her from seeing much. She looked down, and rubbed her eyes,  till she could see clearly. She then looked to the bed,  and saw Kelvin still sleeping, and it threw her off a bit,  cause he had retained the exact same position since the night before. She got up and walked over to the bed,  got down beside him,placed her ear on his chest, and found relief as her ears registered his heart beat.

She motioned to return her head and get up from the bed,  but felt a wave of shock, when she saw his eyes on her. She froze right there, lying by his side as they stared eye to eye...
It was the same eyes she saw anytime she looked at him, she couldn't sense the familiarity between them in anyway, she wasn't sure if he remembered any of the memories she had seen,  and felt the desperate urge to ask,  but also didn't want to belittle herself before him,  so she stayed there, hilariously numb.

A warm smile grew on Kelvin's face when he noticed her nervousness.
"I'm alive and well thank you " he said,  turning properly on his side to face her
She felt the heat rush up her cheeks,  but didn't find any suitable words for a reply.
" so i ask again,  miss me? "   he inquired   narrowing his gaze
she looked up at him  wide eyed, and finally,  began to sense something familiar.  Too shy too continue the gaze she buried her head in his chest "yes... I did...  Just like i did all those years ago"  she whispered
Kelvin's heart rate increased a bit as he heard these words. Getting the reply to the question he had always wanted to ask,  even without asking was overwhelming,  but he retained control of his mind.

He placed his hand on the side of her face,  and ran it down to her neck.
"I'm back... As promised "  he stated confidently
She let out a gasp when the sentence passed her ears,  but didn't look up.  She sent her arm round to his back and held him tightly
" promise me you won't leave again " she said
Kelvin's thoughts immediately raced to his plan to bail on them and go find his father,  Making him to hum, a reply he wasn't actually giving.
" promise me"  she said,  grabbing his shirt tighter.
"i promise " he replied with an assuring look,  lifting her face up to his,  with an arched index finger.
She held his arm with her hand with a curious intent, 
" why did it hurt that much" she asked

                        "that's because what you feel  is real,  probably  what the Lord elder was worried about... That's why he gave you the elixir "   Ava lazily chipped in. 
"how long have you been listening "  Edda inquired  turning back to her.
" since alive and we'll she said,  blinking at Kelvin,  who looked down with an embarrassed smile
"listen Edda, just tell the boy how you really feel about him,  and we can all get back to our normal lives eh? What do you think "  Ava teased
" it's not love" Edda retorted
"i would say it's more than that, considering where ur hands are" Ava replied.
"alright that does it"   Edda muttered,  exhaling the frustration out of her. She grabbed Kelvin's pillow, and flung it straight at her,  but missed. she cursed and motioned to stand up, but was stopped by Kelvin and Ava's chuckling,  leaving her slightly embarrassed.