chapter 56: The Book Thief

Although Eruwine, appeared to be calm among them, he wasn't comfortable the least bit. He practically had his mind ready for a reflex if anyone did anything funny, but that didn't appear to be the Case, as they all seemed to be carried away by their deliberations, he didn't let his guard down non the less.

He looked up and noticed the Elf Kelvin was talking about, sitting on a tree branch opposite him, looking down at him with a dreadful stare, he would have completely frozen over, if he had seen such a sight a few years back... He disconnected his gaze from the horrifying elf, back to Kelvin, that's when it hit him, it was her image that stayed atop the marks man's table in the hall of fame.
Never beaten to an archery contest, they said, but he was still yet to believe she could best him.

" so what's your plan for retrieving the book " Edda asked turning to Eruwine who was nibbling on what was left of the loaf in his hands.
" well " he began, after swallowing a fair amount "moving the book, would trigger a high alert in the city, its too risky, there's got to be just a little fragment that talks about what you are in need of right"
They looked amongst themselves for a bit, then acknowledged his point.

"does anybody have any idea what it is we're looking for" he inquired
"anything relating to the Incubus will do" Natasha replied
"perhaps I should come with u for easy identification "
" well.. The point is I'm the only one here who can get within a hundred metres of this book, so here's what's going to happen ... First one of you is going to take my sister down to Vrohengard, while the others stay by the gates, seeing it would raise suspicion for me to be with the book, and be heading out of the walls a few minutes after. Duncan watches his knights way too closely "

"so someone's going to follow me all the way to the castle, I'll hand the pages I find over to him and it'll be brought to you all" he concluded
"sounds like a really good plan to me" Vulcan said, looking to Kelvin, who nodded too, the plan had a near zero chance of failure so they adopted it.
"and one more thing, give me your word that no harm or trial would come to me or my sister, should we follow you back to Vrohengard" he demanded
Edda feeling too impatient, considering the time they had wasted on discussions said quite frankly to him
"you have my word "
"and your word would mean anything to the king" Eruwine asked...

Edda felt a spark in her head and was preparing to lash out, when Kelvin tilted his head at her, and shook it, but she ignored him.
"I'm the princess Edda Hertsberg of Vrohengard, Daughter of Rothgar Hertsberg, and the sole heir to the throne, what ever I say stands " she blinked threateningly at him and looked away.
Silence filled the air for a bit, after which Kelvin buried his head in his palm, not having wanted to get her identity exposed.
"wow... What an intro" Eruwine whispered in inquiry , raising a brow in the process.
Kelvin shot him a dark stare and yanked him up to his feet, "there you have it, time to get going " he said leading him to his horse.
"so... who's accompanying me to the castle" he said complacently.
"I am "Kelvin replied
" wow two birds with one stone" he whispered "oh shit did I say that out loud "
Kelvin instantly seized him from behind and barreled him into a tree, elbow hard against his neck.
" if so much as strand of hair falls from the princesses head, I'll peel your skin, and have you watch me wear it"
Kelvin's eyes flashed a glow of red that sent entire shivers down Eruwine's spine, knocking the jesting mood far from him.
Kelvin released him, and gave him a head start back into the city before following behind.

Duncan stood at the window of his bedroom, watching the city gates and the whole of his kingdom under the night sky, he had ordered his usual female companions out of the room as he pondered over the events of the day, the mercenaries, that had accompanied the priest, especially the girl, and the one he almost executed. He noticed a horse approaching the castle. He took a closer look at and realized it was Eruwine, who descended from his horse, which the guards took for him. Duncan left the window and went straight out of the bed room to the chamber of the council, thinking perhaps Eruwine had come to see him.