Chapter 31: Tears And Farewells

Pls try to download the song b4 reading

Kira~

My head hurt the more the tears streamed down my cheeks, i had no control over them, as they continued to stream down, with every memory flash i got. I never imagined loosing him, and tried even more to convince myself i was dreaming. I sat there beside him shaking him to wake up for minutes that seemed  forever,  but he just won't yeild. I felt a few hands pulling me  away from him,  but i wouldn't move by body just didn't yeild,  they didn't understand,  he meant the world to me, i just couldn't believe i was going to walk the rest of the journey of my life without him.

I hadn't realized the storm had reached us, till it began to rain heavily, darkening the morning skies above us. Getting a place to hide from the rain,  was the last of my concerns at the moment, my heart felt like a huge void had swallowed it up. I couldn't take the pain anymore, as it increased with the cold, but i couldn't bring myself to rise from his side,  i sat there hoping it would kill me too, although i knew it wasn't strong enough to.

"please wake up "  i sobbed, pressing my head against his " i can't do this without you"
I repeated the words quietly, knowing he couldn't hear me.  I clenched my first and felt my finger press hard against a small metal between them, I in its direction and my eyes landed on the ring he gave me before we left home. I gasped as i remembered the promise he made to me. I tapped him to wake up and remember the promise he made,  but he lay still, unresponsive to anything i did. Consumed with pain, i leaned in closer to his side,  kissed his temple and buried his head in my chest. As a fresh wave of tears burst out.

I soon felt a tug at my shoulders, and a pair of arms lift me up from behind.  I turned to see Rava pulling me away from him,  i struggled to get free,  then i saw Kelvin's arm guards, join in the pull,  and a few seconds to later,  i was on the floor with the other girls,  restraining me from moving forward,  while the guys stayed round him. I cried aloud to get free,  but they won't listen, i loosed myself,  and broke free,  but got pulled back in. I knew what they intended to do, and i knew i didn't have the energy to withstand that,  at the moment.

I noticed the sailors carrying wood, from the corner of my eyes,  and saw, Levi with a torch in hand. I yelled at them not to do it yet,  but they didn't listen. I sank to the earth,  trembling in all my body parts. Not sure how long i stayed on the ground,  but when i raised my face up,  the fire place was already set.
I immediately got up and ran through the girls. I tripped and fell once,  but got up before they could reach me, i ran over to them,  but Levi had seen me coming,  and tossed the torch to the wood. I screamed and fell to the ground again as the flame covered the whole place.

The fire reminded me of the night the natives of the cannibal Island  had brought him in alongside, Ivan, Rava  and Edda. From the cage i was i reached to him,  and felt his calm reassuring voice come to me,  comforting me,  that we would escape, and complete the mission.  That we would return home as heroes, an then have a home together at the capitol, raise kids,  and live happily together. It felt dreamy then,  but it calmed me completely. He just always knew how to make my fears go away, and i had hoped to have him by my side always but now... He did say he wanted to die in my arms, i just didn't see it coming in this way, not this soon.

I felt the other girls around me,  trying to help me up, i could hear them at first,  and then i couldn't, i began to feel lightheaded, my brain became fuzzy and my vision blurry, i took one last glimpse as the one person i cared about was enveloped  in flames,  then slumped into absolute darkness.

Mia~

I watched quietly as kira lay on the beach the sand, i could only imagine what she was going through. I blinked and realized i still had a tear trapped in my lashes,  i wiped it with the back of my hand, and looked to the flames. A love story just ended unbelievably before my very eyes. It was like yesterday when i took letters and flowers to Her, from the days she didn't give him an audience,  till when they struggled to spend most of their free time together. when she broke the news of our nomination for the reconnaissance mission  and his proposal to her. She was going to explode with anxiety, happy that she was going to make history by his side.

I exhaled at the odd turn of events, i didn't know if the others felt it too, but this was a bad omen. I wondered how Kira was going to spend the next few weeks or months,  because this was bound to tell on her making her a burden to the quest. The guys could have waited a few more hours, but they got a tip,  that it was best to burn the body quickly ,  due to some circumstances,  but i couldn't hear most of it.

I had no idea how we were going to break the news to his mother when we got back, seriously regretting the fact that we were neighbors, and she was likely going to ask of her son from me the moment she sets her eyes on me.
It was against the law to fall for someone else in the army,  and it was a hard thing to say that they received the reward of disobedience. I sighed and shrugged the thought off.

The rain had stopped, and the sun was slowly peeking from the horizon,  i looked to the fire place again,  and it was all but ash. Leo was gone,  it was time to move on with the task,  but who had the strength to...