chapter 53: The Captains Makeover

With a blurry vision and a ringing head,  Kelvin couldnt hear  anything at first, a couple of agonizing moments later, a high pitched sound began to bring him to the awareness of his surroundings, a very familiar sound, a very familiar cry reached him one he recognized to be Edda's, then his vision cleared, and he looked back to where the voice was coming from. He saw her being restrained by Marcus and Vulcan,  and Levi smiling back at her.

Not caring if the blade burnt him or not, he pushed it from his neck, and removed the chain from his neck, but didn't transform.
"you had your chance " he grunted rising to his feet.
"hell yeah I did" Levi replied, taking an attacking stance again.
He swung diagonally upwards, but Kelvin caught the blade with one hand and lunched a punch at him in the face, that sent him rolling over in the snow.

Kelvin threw the blade down, eyes blood red, he strode towards him and grabbed him with one arm. He reached for another dagger,  but Kelvin caught the arm and snapped it with his grip.
He threw him straight for a tree, like a weightless log of wood,walked up to him there, and began landing him punches, blow after blow,  cutting his face with each strike. Till he realized he was barely breathing,  then stopped.

Carina charged form nowhere at him with her mace, but Kelvin had heard her coming,  and struck her a punch, that sent her down to the snow. He turned to Levi, who just lay down,  unable to move.
"what was that you said again about how this ends Kelvin said " transforming his head and arms into that of the wolf,  startling Aureathria and Natasha, who though had their suspicion all those years ago failed to identify this side of him.
He put a paw on him, crushing him down with his body weight,  he raised another paw to finish him off, when Edda called him.

He looked to find her, eyes returning to the usual yellow. He saw her shake her head, disapproving his next move. He put down his hand and returned to his human form then smiled, she reciprocated. he walked down to her,  and she to him, releived, she threw herself around his neck, and he turned her around before putting her down. She hit him hard in the chest and warned him never to scare her like that ever again before hugging him tightly again.

Edda was going to say something when Natasha hugged Kelvin from behind, Ariel and Darla too. Which made her smile...  The thought that she was with a man the people loved, was overwhelming.
He got more embraces from the other guys and girls and a long enviable one from Mia and Aureathria. Which didn't sit too well with the quick to jealousy princess.

They were still interested the celebratory mood when the neighing of a horse reached them,  they turned to see Levi riding away from the church towards the ruins,  Aureathria knocked an arrow and aimed at him immediately, she positioned her aim a few spaces ahead and fired.
But Kelvin's arm shifted hers and the arrow went off the target completely
" what did you do that for.!?  He almost killed you"
She yelled.
" he will meet his end, but not by any of our hands " Kelvin replied, "now get some rest,  tomorrow,  we'll leave for the capital. "
"aye aye captain " Rava scoffed...

"wait a sec, Kelvin I found what you said I should " Natasha said
"what did u find" he replied removing his hand from Edda's side.
"The Incubus you're looking for sits among the mountains in the island of Razzorot."
" according to its patterns it Possesses these unique abilities.
It is capable of possessing  the living, a warrior to be precise,  and use such a vessel in combat.
It amasses an army of the dead warriors  to fight alongside it.
Destroys everything living and breathing that crosses it's path,  it has never been killed,  only sealed once by a group of warlords years ago. Sealed but prophesied to return years after to prepare the realm of men for the great war.

"that makes no Sense, it brought this war to our door steps to prepare us for another, like some sort of training? "
"I think he believes humans are best controlled as spawns" Natasha replied
"what war could be greater than fighting an army of the dead " Edda chipped in
A silence filled the air as she introduced the question.
"I don't think I wanna know that " Rava whispered.
" anything about how to destroy it" Marcus asked
"no nothing ...but that you can't kill it if you have fear,  for it feeds on fear"
"I thought the ghost at the library said something about a wolfking " Mia reminded.
" well any body got any ideas what or who that might be "
Vulcan asked,  but no one spoke up.
"I'm guessing the book in Duncan's castle would "  Dorian replied " but we would have to steal it "
Having a little knowledge of who Duncan was,  nobody felt the need to ask if that measure was necessary.