Epilogue

Deep in the frosty lands of the catacombs, and the cold  strong winds of the night,  a rider who had his face completely wrapped up, except for his eyes,  rode into the clearing of Alwin's cabin.

He alighted from his horse,  and made for the house,  calling on top of his voice, for whosoever it was that lived within.  He opened the door and walked in. Searched the place for any sign of life but found nothing,  whoever was there must have done a thorough packing. He walked towards a table in the corner,  and noticed a lot of maps and papers. Which he examined closely.

The works he saw were astonishing,  forcing him to wonder who on earth,  possessed such knowledge,  and decided to live in a cottage, rather than the city where the it would earn him a fine living.
He bent by the fire place,  and noticed it had been out way too long ago.
He took off his mask to relieve himself off the burden of the too many clothes, and took a seat.

                      He stretched in the chair, preparing to sleep, when a flame sparked to life from the fire place. He jumped to his feet,  and readied his sword in an attacking stance. Thinking perhaps someone was playing tricks on him
"reveal yourself " he said,  turning at every cracking or sweeping sound.
"Levi Carter " a voice screamed from the flames at him.
It felt like a burn through his ear to his head, forcing him to fall to the floor boards holding his head.

It was then he noticed the radiant glow of yellow the outside seemed to possess.  He got up,  picked his sword and stepped out to see a great flaming tree,  he wasn't sure was there before. Having not noticed any glow of any sort earlier.
He took a couple of steps closer till he stepped into the hot regions near the tree. where he noticed a sword burried half way into the ground.

"you know who I am yes? " the infrint asked,  sending a blast wave over the tree to convince him he was the one talking
"of course I do,  you killed my uncles " Levi said
"that's in the past now "
"I can sense a lord of hatred burning in you Levi, we could well become friends "  the infrint replied
"a common hatred we both share for the Rehdah blood "
"go on... " Levi urged
"I see you have nothing left to live for boy, but I offer you salvation... To go take back that which is yours"
"what are you talking about " Levi asked
"I can give you power to overcome your enemies,  but it comes at a price "
"name your price "
" your soul " the demon replied immediately.
Levi pondered within himself for a bit,  then took a few steps closer to the sword.
"you give me the power to defeat my enemies,  and my soul is yours " he said,  kneeling with a bow.

                           The whole tree exploded with fresh waves of flame,  like it rejoiced at Levi's decision.
"you have chosen wisely, ... Step forward,  and take the sword" the demon said.
He obliged,  and went to it. He wrapped his hands around it and pulled,  but the sword didn't come out. He pulled again. But nothing.he tried a third time, and strong surge of rushed through his body,  all the way too his heart.

He staggered back and fell to the dry earth,  with smoke escaping from him.  He lay there for a couple of minutes,  then his eyes flew open, with flames burning in them. His arms engulfed themselves in flames too,  as he stood on his feet.
"you're a living flame now, not even even the white wolf can stop you... Burn the little wretch " the infrint said authoritatively
"With pleasure " he replied with a grin.
"like I said Kelvin, there's only one way this ends " he whispered to himself,  as he made for his horse,  and rode towards the setting sun.