Chapter 1 : KELVIN ✅

Southern Vrohengard, a land mass blessed with an abundance of green vegetation, from the marshes to the woods, and bordered by the seas providing an abundance of water, as well as rivers lakes, and streams, was home to the mighty castles of the dominant Families in Vrohengard, consisting of powerful cities like Blackheath, Magrath, Stunningberg, Strolgarh the capital, EastHaven and a few more. Although northern and southern Vrongard were divided into two separate kingdoms, the south United Themselves to have one king, save only Blackheath who opposed the Royal family of Strolgar. while the north; Separated from them by the narrow sea, all chose to be independent of each other. Strolgarh, arguably the biggest city in the Whole of Vrohengard was the Capital and the seat of the king, many different people from even beyond the seas came to Strolgar for diverse purposes, and the city excelled Economically, boasting of an annual turnover in gold only Blackheath came slightly close to, this was no surprise as they Provided stiff competition to the crown and all enemies of the crown found an ally in them. She was also surrounded by a hand full of villages to whom she offered protection, most of which were outposts for her scouts to keep watch over the vast area of land under her control.

Deep in the Brookleaf woods; one of the dense woods that surrounded Strolgar, deep beyond the bush paths into the heart of the wild, a young sturdy man in his mid-twenties, tall, square-jawed, with dark brown hair, in a dirty white shirt, brown leather pants, and boots, swerved swiftly past the trees in haste, the wind pushing furiously against his face and throwing his long hair in all directions, he had a bow in hand and a quiver strapped to his back. He oozed confidence although he seemed to be in want of something urgently. A few more steps and it loomed into view, dangerously close, he reinforced his legs with more force, enough to send himself up, high enough to make a flip, and landed as he had presumed. kelvin had actually been hunting for almost a day and seemed quite lost, but the clearing of the river was the one thing that could help him find his way back as it ran through the length of the forest, all the way through to the city itself. Crouched down by the riverside, He strained his ears and eyes, turning in every direction knowing how difficult it was hearing the sound of other movements over that of water. He stayed motionless, bow drawn in hand, eyes darting in all directions.

He got up disappointed, he hadn't caught any game all day and was getting weary. Kelvin didn't want to return to Vrohengard empty-handed, not this time too. He and his aunt barely had anything left to eat, The city is ever crowded and jobs are hard to come by there, although his aunt manages to get some cleaning jobs he has to do something to ease the burden, he just wouldn't choose the city jobs he preferred it out there in wild where it is quiet and he can use his skills for himself, the problem only is how to make it yield more income. Walking down the bank he heard the rustling of leaves in the distance. He began to thread towards the path stealthily, his anxiety, building up. He stopped a few yards away, close enough to take a clean shot. He placed his target at the shaking shrubs, and exhaled, but released a second too late, as the birds fluttered away. Not too disappointed this time as that wasn't the original game, he dropped his arms and retired back to the banks. He bent over for a drink when a loud bark stopped him. It came again even, louder than before. Then the image of Dru chasing the deer in his direction erupted from his subconscious as he poured the water away, and darted in the direction of the sound. He kept running towards the sound until he could hear the sound of leaves, hoofs, and breaking twigs. His excitement heightened as it jumped right into his line of sight but dropped the moment it turned in another direction.

He chased after it, alongside his huge hunting partner. The eighty pounds dire wolf had wounded the deer before chasing it in his master's direction. Knowing he was running out of strength kelvin bolted in another direction, yelling "Corner" at the top of his voice. Dru jumped simultaneously with the command to a spot ahead of the deer, causing it to change its direction to a path adjacent to kelvin's, who immediately pulled out three arrows and shot them into plane space, one after the other, each one slightly slower than the previous. And came to a halt. The Deer entered into his range of fire early enough for the first arrow to Pierce it in the stomach next to the limb, the second through the ribcage, and the third through the neck, sending it to the ground.