Chapter 18: Heal Them

I just wanted to say thank you all for following the story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rava ~POV

       It' had been three days since Blackheath disappeared into the horizon and neither Kelvin nor Mia had woken up. I stayed around their quarters keeping watch,  looking occasionally at them expecting at least one to wake up but neither of them did, i felt the dread of loosing an important person in my life for the first time as i looked at my motionless friend. His wounds refused to heal, neither did his eyes open, unlike Mia who was consistently shaking from a fever.

With the number of arrows he took,  we all knew he wasn't gonna make it, and it was looking like it. I spoke to Ava a few times to try healing them,  but she turned me down,  asking me to give them more time. I understood her position perfectly, as there would be no logical explanation, for their mysterious recovery if she did it,  but right now, their lives were more important than her secret, and i wasn't sure why she didn't see that.

Edda was there those three days too, seated between them both,  her attention more on Kelvin. I couldn't make out what was going on in her head, through her plain expression but i could tell she was just as worried as i was.

The others came in occasionally to check them too except Leo, he fell seasick shortly after we entered the open waters and Levi who did as every one had expected him to did not show up. The room had been awkwardly silent for those days, and i finally decided to break it

“you think he's gonna wake up? "

“I hope he does... but it doesn't look like it does it? " she whispered, with a weak shaky voice.

With this reply, i wasn't sure what her attitude towards Kelvin was anymore, but whatever it was, it sure wasn't that cold shouldered attitude she had towards him when we left Strolgar.

“This is Levi's fault. " i heard her mutter with shaky hands.

“Edda you need some rest, you're already getting a cold" i warned, she looked up at me for a bit then returned her gaze back to him.

She picked up her daggers and strode out the door with a very familiar expression on her face, i knew where she was headed.  I would have gone up to stop her but, Levi deserved whatever was coming for him right now, so i stayed still watching, this time protectively, should Levi try anything funny.

The physician that took care of them walked in moments after, and Ava followed closely behind with a tray of Medicine in her hands. It was obvious that she tried as much as possible to avoid my gaze as she helped the old man dose the potions.

“your friend is a strong man." he said to me. “he will live.

I opened my mouth to speak but, could make no words of them. I sidestepped to let him walk past me as he left the room, but stretched my arms across to block Ava from following.

“they are dying Ava." i began almost furiously.

“I wish i could help them, Rava, i really wish i could." she replied looking up at me.

“The others would be mad if they discovered you had the ability to save them and you didn't "

“And who's gonna tell em? "

“They'll figure it out just as i did, its just a matter of time." I snapped, without even realizing it, but it seemed to favor me as it rendered her speechless for a bit.

She turned around to look at them both. “you don't want their blood on your hands Ava, trust me." i added persuasively, but that didn't work as i had expected it to,  she spun around, back in my direction, with a puzzled expression.