Chapter 21:The Natives And The Wolf

Mia~

I pondered whether or not to attack him, perhaps he could be nice enough to help me find my way round the island, but the string of human skulls around his shoulders told a different story. What if he was a cannibal. I shrugged off the thought instantly, i had to focus on what was in front of me. I snuck a peek again, but he was gone. I looked around and saw nothing, this was freaking disturbing, he had some how vanished into the thin air.

I got up to investigate, tightening my grip on both knives, i took a cautious step forward, and then another, then i stepped on something. I raised my foot to see the torch, he had put the fire out this close to the rock, there was a high chance that he could have seen me. I heard a quick pair of steps come from behind, but was too slow in turning, he circled his arm around my neck and pinned me to himself tightly.

He began yelling excitedly in a language i didn't understand, but something felt repetitive about it. It felt like he was calling for backup, I struggled with him, but couldn't set myself free from him, and didn't want to know the odds with two or more. I began kicking and twisting in his arms, trying to break free, but his grip didn't loosen.

I threw my elbows into both sides of his torso repeatedly, forcing him to stagger backwards and trip over the crate and rock behind which i hid, and as i had hoped his grip came loose. I immediately got up and readied the knives in an attacking stance. He got up and charged like an amateur at me with is spear, but i side stepped and buried the first knife in his torso and the other in his neck.

He bent over my shoulder as he closed his eyes in death.i pushed him over to prevent the blood from splattering over me. I knew i couldn't stay there any longer, it was only a matter of time before the others got here. i disappeared into the woods as fast as my legs could carry me.

I could hear pairs of footsteps closing in from behind, as i moved deeper into the woods. I arrived the foot of a mountain and noticed the path that led all the way up, but that path obviously didn't clear itself i thought. I decided to turn away, and headed on deeper into the woods.

Every step was getting heavier than the previous, as i slowly began to tire out and my bad leg throbbed unbearably. I tried to keep enough distance between myself and my pursuers before taking a break. I hid at the foot of a tree and removed the bandage to examine my thigh. It stung and began bleeding immediately the bandage became loose. I cursed and covered it back up, having nothing to apply to the surface.

I pulled myself up with the support of tree and looked into the distance, to see the natives still searching. I then continued deeper into the island slowly and cautiously, not wanting to step near any clear paths to avoid detection. I reached a steep end of the road where i stopped and pondered on what to do next, but i wasn't afforded enough time to as i heard a loud cry from behind, i turned to see another native with a painted face pointing in my direction. I turned forward to run for it, but tripped and fell, rolling over and over yelling in pain till i hit the bottom.

I relled from side to side holding my right thigh tightly, squirming, and unable to stand. Looked up to see the distance i fell to see if I was followed, but i wasn't. it was then i realized i had fallen into a perfectly carved circle, a pit, about fifty feet wide, obviously a pit with purpose. Although I was well hidden by the tall grass; at least from someone looking from above that night, i knew i would be eventually caught, but i couldn't get myself to stand up.

I paused when a loud howl pierce the air. It came again, and a couple more times, i looked up to see natives panicking at the edge of the pit, perhaps it was Dru i thought, maybe Kelvin was close. I sat up excitedly and watched the natives at the edge of the pit with amusement. I watched them take defensive positions and wait in silence.