{17} What The Hell Is Going On?

"So, Zayden, why are you here so early?" My mom asked me.

I shrugged and picked up a broccoli with my fork. Eden wrinkled his nose when I put it in my mouth and he picked up his. I chuckled and continued eating my food. My mom sighed and picked up her cup and took a sip of it.

There was a moment of silence then we heard the door open. I heard footsteps coming to the kitchen and a woman giggling. I dropped my fork and looked at Eden. It was like he was thinking the same thing as me. My dad and the woman came into the kitchen and my dad looked at us.

"Hey guys what are you doing?" He asked taking off his coat and putting it on the kitchen chair. My dad went behind the woman and took off her jacket.

She smiled at him and said, "Thank you."

He smiled back. "No problem."

I crossed my arms and glared at him. "We're eating. Why is she here?" I asked nodding towards the woman. My dad glanced at Eden and Eden has his head down, playing with his food.

"She can come here anytime she wants," my dad answered controlling his anger.

"No she can't. Mom is here and she doesn't want another woman, who she doesn't know, to be in her house!"

The woman looked around and dad had his fist clenched. Why was he getting angry? He was supposed to be happy that mom was there with us instead of bringing another woman into her house.

"Finish your dinner and go to bed. Rachel and I are going upstairs," he said grabbing the woman's hand and then he walked upstairs. I heard the door slam and I put my hands on my head. What the hell was going on?

"I bet they're going to have sex." Eden said. I looked up to see him eating.

"What do you even know about sex?" I asked frowning.

Eden stopped and looks at me. "Zayden, I'm thirteen. I'm not a baby anymore."

"Mom thinks you still are."

He shook his head and continued eating. "At least he's remembering us."

I nodded and grabbed my cup and took a sip. That was true. He has been taking his pills so he could remember us after the accident. But I didn't know why he was bringing another woman to the house. It was like mom didn't exist anymore and he was doing whatever he wanted. Didn't he know that he has a family and someone special in front of his eyes? I looked at my mom and she was eating, like nothing happened.

"Aren't you going to do something?" I asked.

She glanced at me and shrugged. "I can't do anything."

"Why not?" I asked, but she didn't answer me and I was getting confused and mad. I shook my head and continued eating.