{52} Project A+

I wake up to see a wall full of blurry pictures. I yawned, sat up, and starched my head. I looked at Eden and he had bags under his eyes, and a bruise was forming when I slapped him last night. I yawned again and rubbed my face. I felt drained and I wanted to go back to sleep but I knew that I've missed too many days of school.

I was going to wake up Eden but he grabbed my arm and pulled my closer. I smiled and I slowly slipped my arm away from him and put a pillow in front of him so he can grab it. He grabbed it and started mumbling things in his sleep. I couldn't wake him up; he needs his sleep. I got up slowly, not wanting to wake up Eden and silently walked out of his room into my parents. I knocked on their door and put my ear on the door. I didn't hear nothing.

I guessed dad is at the bar and mom is working. I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and put my usual clothes on. I didn't want to look like a crayon with colorful things. I checked to see if mom or dad called me but the only I saw were from two unknowns. I clicked one that was from today earlier and put it to my ear. "Zayden, what the fuck? Where the hell have you been? I called like 10 times but you didn't answered. The English project is due today and I wanted to know if you-"

I shut my phone off and quickly grabbed my book bag and ran out of my house without listening to the rest of the message. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! I forgot about the English project! I forgot to take my coat and I was freezing. I finally got to my school and ran to the boys bathroom.

I was glad no one was in there. I took out my note book and a pen and started writing anything I could think of. When I finished writing, I looked at it and it was terrible! I had to do a poem instead of an essay! I groaned and hit my back softly on the wall and slide down. I knew I had 1 minute to write something, but I couldn't think of anything. I had to a get A in this or I'll die with a F.

English is my best subject and I will not get a F in one project. I curled my legs my chest and put my head on my knees. I sighed and thought of how everything has happened. If I haven't taken Eden to trick or treating, he wouldn't be screaming his off from a nightmare. If I haven't been so stupid....

The bell went off and I sighed again. Here comes the big F on the first project I will ever get. I got up and gather my stuff and opened the door to peek out if any teachers were walking by. I stick ed my head out and looked both ways. No one. I ran out of the boys bathroom to my English class. 

~~~~~~

I doodled while everyone was presenting their poem. Some were stupid, funny, dark, romantic, sad, and so on but none was my favorite. I looked around and saw that everyone went besides me and Crevan. Where is he anyways? He should be confident that he did his poem while I did nothing. I pray that my English teacher forgot me, but then I remembered I was her favorite student. So she wouldn't forget about me.

"The last pair is...Zayden and Crevan," my English teacher said cheerfully. I felt a sickening stomach when I heard the cheerfulness in her voice. Her eyes locked mine and the joy disappeared. I looked down and my drawings and swallowed. I have disappointed my English teacher. "Um..well, Zayden and Crevan are-" The door slammed opened.

I snapped my head up and there he was. Crevan breathing heavily with one book bag strap on his right shoulder, his hair messy, and the weird thing is, he wasn't wearing colorful clothes like his "group" was.

"Am I late?" He chocked out. I had no idea where Crevan lived but he was breathing so hard that I think the girls were hot by it. Move on, girls. He's not into you. I looked at my English teacher and she blinked, startled, and then smiled. Oh, please no. Don't let us come up. We can go tomorrow.

"No, no, Crevan. You and Zayden can present now."

"I don't have-" I was going to say I didn't have it when Crevan cut me off.