{23} Hanging Out With Rhett: Part I

I go to my locker and open it. A note falls out and I look around. Who could have given this to me? I hope it isn't a prank because I can't deal with this shit. I have too much stuff in my life and I don't need someone bullying me. But I am curious who sent me a note.

I pick up the note and open it. In a neat but a little messy it says: Meet me at your locker when everyone is at lunch. This is still a prank. Why would anyone want to talk to me alone? The bell rings and I cripple the note and put it in my pocket and close my locker. I walk to my class and sit down in the back. I take out the note and read it again. Seriously, who would send me this? 

{Lunch}

I lean my back on locker and wait for the person who send me the note. I don't know why I'm waiting for this person. He/she could be anyone who I don't know and they want to be my friend. The whole school thinks I'm the "new" kid here and they still try to be my friend. I don't know why they want to be my friend but I keep telling them I don't want to be friends with anyone.

They ask why and I just shake my head and walk away. I didn't know they were desperate to have new friends. I sigh and look at my converses. I should design them so they don't look plain. As I was looking at my converses, another pair of converses were in front of me. I look up and frown.

"I can't believe you came. I thought you wouldn't come," Rhett said and smile.

"I'm here now," I said getting butterflies in my stomach. I hate this feeling. Getting butterflies in my stomach and I feel like smiling too. There was a silence and I look around waiting for him to say something.

"Why am I here?" I said impatiently.

"Oh, I want to know if you want to hang out with me." Rhett said with hopeful eyes. He looks like he wants me to say yes but...I don't know. He clears his throat and looks away embarrassed. Why does he want to hang out with me? He has other friends he can hang out with besides me. And I don't want to be his friend...I think.

"I don't know..." I said unsure.

He looks at me and his smile widens. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I said I don't know."

He nods and takes a step back. "Right."

There was another silence and Rhett sighs. "So I guess I should be going back to lunch."

I flick my hair and shrug. "If you want to since there’s nothing to talk about."

He gulps and turns around and walks down the hallway. Maybe I should hang out with him to get some things off my mind. It's not a bad thing if I'm hanging out with him and my therapist told me to get some friends, even if I don't want to, but Rhett seems different.

"R-Rhett!" I yell. He stops and turns around. I sigh and look around. "Sure. I'll hang out with you!" I can hear the smile on his face.

"I'll meet you at your locker after school. See ya!" He yells back and turns back around. The happiness in his voice made me happy for some reason. Oh shit! I have therapy after school! I groan and kick the lockers. 

☼↕‼'

I pace back and forth in the hallway while trying biting my nail. How can I tell my therapist that I'm hanging out with Rhett today? Would she declined and tell me I have to stay in therapy? Would she tell my dad? I stop pacing when I thought of him but I shake my head. I will not think of him after what he has done. He makes me so angry and I don't want to break anything.

I sigh trying to calm myself and I knock on my therapist door. The door swings open and my therapist has her hands on her hips and she smiles. "Hi Zayden come in. I thought Rhett was going to come but he didn't show up," she said opening the door wider.

I shake my head and frown. When she said Rhett name I feel butterflies flying around my stomach.

"Um...Miss I don't want to go to therapy today," I said looking at the hallways. I'm going to be late and he might be pissed. My heart clench when I thought of him being pissed at me. Why do I care if he's mad at me? I shouldn't care or think about it. I look back at my therapist and she tilts her head and frowns.

"Why?" She said slowly. I bite my lip and I start feel nervous. I frown and put my hands in my pockets. I might as well tell her the truth.

"I'm hanging out with Rhett today," I said. I feel my lips twitch and almost smile when I said his name. His name means nothing me...right?

"Sure."

My eyes widen and my heart was beating fast. "W-what?"

She chuckles and cross her arms. "Yes, you can hang out with Rhett today and don't worry I won't tell your father."

I feel my lips twitch and I fee like hugging her. I give her a quick hug and she didn't hug back because she didn't expect it. Tears form in her eyes and she waves her hands for me to go.

"You make so happy, Zayden," she said and give me one more smile before closing the door. My therapist is crying in joy because I hug her? Its like I did a good job at doing something but I don't know what. I take out my phone from my pocket and check the clock. It was 3:23pm.

I walk away from my therapist door and quickly walk to my locker. Rhett has his back on my locker and he was looking around. I sigh and run a hand through my hair. I hope whatever we're doing better be fun.