{63} Session 10

I didn't actually thought about what I and Rhett were at that point. We haven't talked about it the day before, because we were enjoying looking at the glowing stars in my bedroom. I hoped he wasn't going to tell anyone that I had glowing stars in my room. I mentally face-palmed myself, I was such an idiot!

"He will tell his idiot friends!" I mumbled loudly.

He was going to tell everyone just to become more popular and make Alexandrina like him more. My fist clenched when I thought about her and my heart ached. I forgot that Alexandria was cheating on him with Crevan. Oh gosh, how was I going to tell him that? He'd never believe me. He loved her...I think.

Wasn't he cheating on Alexandrina by kissing me? My stomach felt like a hole. Not only Alexandrina was cheating, but Rhett was cheating, too, with me. I felt so angry that I wanted to punch the wall but I couldn't.

"Hey Zayden, how was your day?" Cassandra asked me as I sat down in front of her in the office. I opened my mouth to say something but words couldn't come out. How was I feeling? Was I angry that Rhett might was using me to make Alexandrina jealous? Was I confused that I didn't know what I and Rhett were? Or was I happy that Rhett kissed me?

"I feel..mixed emotions," I confessed and nodded. Yeah, that's how I felt. Cassandra nodded and she calmly grabbed a pen which was on her small desk. Something seemed off. She should have been throwing me with questions. Instead, she was quiet.

"How was your day?" I asked.

She smiled and said "It was great. I haven't seen you in days!"

I smiled. I didn't know Cassandra would miss me. I kind of missed her, too. Then silence. There was a knock on the door and Cassandra quickly got up and opened the door. I looked at my converse and remembered what happened yesterday. How Rachel called me, Rhett, and Eden fags and fairies, and my dad leaving her. I couldn't believe my dad would do that. I thought he was smart enough to pick his own family instead of a woman who didn't even love him.

I heard mumbles coming from the door and it sounded like two men and Cassandra. I tried to listen to their conversation but my mind kept going back to my dad and Rachael. A pair of heels came into my view and I quickly looked up to see a nervous looking Cassandra.

"What's wrong Cassandra?" I asked, and she bit her lip and looked around but me.

"What's wrong Cassandra?" I repeated and I sounded worried. Why wasn't she looking at me? 

 "Zayden, I want you to meet Detective Ames and Detective Riley."

 I got up and turned around to see two men wearing long brown coats, and one of them was wearing a scarf around his neck and the other one taking off his gloves. I raised an eyebrow and stood next to Cassandra.

"What are they doing here?" I asked, staring at them blankly.

"They're from the Special Victims Units," she said.

My eyes widened and I looked at her quickly. "Someone took your baby?"

Her eyes widened, "Oh no! They're here to ask you questions." I sighed in relief and nodded. I hoped nothing bad happened to her baby. That would break her heart.

"What kind of questions?" I asked slowly. Why would they ask me questions?

"Do you know anything about Shane Nolan?" One of the Detectives asked. The one who asked me about Shane Nolan had dark brown hair, brown eyes, and no beard. He had tired eyes and I knew he worked a lot. The one next to him had the same features but he had bored eyes and faint bags under his eyes. When he said Shane Nolan, I felt my heart picked up. I looked calm in the outside but I was going  ballistic inside.

"I don't know who he is," I said proudly. I shouldn't be proud. I know what I did to Shane Nolan. I felt terrible doing what I did.

The one with bored eyes and faint bags under his eyes turned impatient. "Look, we spoke to his friend and he said that a younger boy who looked like you called your name." He took out his note pad and said "Is your name Zayden?"

I nodded. He closed his note pad and the other Detective went into his coat pocket. I heard clinging sound I knew what they were doing.

"Zayden Creek you are under arrest-"

"I didn't do anything!" I screamed. The one who had the hand cuffs grabbed my shoulder and turned me around and I felt the cold metal on my wrist.

"Detective Armes this is outrageous! He said he didn't know who Shane Nolan is!" Cassandra yelled.

"Please, Ms. Ryther, he was the one who put Shane Nolan into a coma," the other Detective said who I guessed his name was Detective Riley.

"If he did, then there's has to be an explanation!"

"He can tell us when he's in the police station," Detective Armes said. I struggled with the hand cuffs but I felt a stinging sensation forming.

"Don't move! You'll cut yourself!" Detective Armes screamed.

I stopped and glared at Cassandra. "Did you know?" I asked clearly. She didn't answer and I felt the hand cuff tighten.

"Did you know?" I asked louder.  She jumped and nodded. I couldn't believe she would do that to me. I thought I could trust her. "Why would you do this? I thought I could trust you! I fucking hate you so much! You can't keep a secret at all!"

I struggled again and I wanted to punch something. Detective Armes pulled me away from Cassandra but I kept screaming. "I fucking hate you! I hope I never see you again!" We walked out of her room and I heard her crying. She deserved it.