{73} Kind of Like at First Sight

Cassandra and I walked and talked and I haven't told her about seeing-my-mother thing. I didn't think she needed to hear me whine about my mom so much.

I just wanted to let us have fun and not get into anything serious. We walked to up the small stairs that was in front of us and I put my hands into my pocket to find nothing. I started tapping my pockets to feel my keys but there was nothing. I sighed and knocked on the door.

Where's your keys?" Cassandra asked.

"They're not with me. I think I dropped them in school or something," I said and knocked on the door but harder. We waited for a few seconds and I was going to knock on the door again when it swung opened and there was my dad with a white baggy shirt, boxers, and a cup in his hand. He looked at me furiously but then frowned.

"Where's your keys, Zayden?" My dad asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Zayden, how was your day? Oh, it was great dad, thanks for asking." I said sarcastically, and heard Cassandra chuckled behind me. My dad's eyes flickered to her and his eyes flashed with shock and amazement.

"Hi, Mrs. Ryther. It has been so long since I've last seen you," my dad said politely and gave her a warm smile. Cassandra was now next to me and I looked at her to see her cheeks red. I didn't know if it was the coldness or she was blushing, though.

"Hi, Mr. Creek. I was just here with Zayden walking him home because it was a beautiful day out," she said and smiled.

I could've sworn I saw my dad's heart was palpitating. "You're beautiful, too."

Now I could tell that Cassandra was blushing. She closed her eyes and looked away for a second and I saw her ears turning red. Her whole face was like her hair. She opened her eyes and smiled big.

"This is strange, Nelson. If I remember, the last time I called you, you got mad." Her eyes were twinkling. My dad smirked and this was the time to leave.

"I'll let you guys flirt while I do some homework," I said and they shot me killing-glares. I smiled sweetly at them and walked upstairs. I stopped when I got to the top and hide myself behind the wall. The door closed and I thought my dad was better than this.

Why would he slam the door at Cassandra's face? I could see that he liked her and Cassandra might have liked him. But that hope vanished when I heard him slamming the door to her face! Was my dad becoming a player? Was he going to hu- Cassandra's voice cut my racing thoughts, and I relaxed.

"There's some hope left," I assured myself, and stuck my head out a little and saw them standing near the door. They looked at each other awkwardly and I rolled my eyes. Come on, dad! Say something! Show her that you like her!

"Um, how's Zayden doing? Have he told you anything important?" My dad asked and cleared his throat. Nice move, dad. For some reason, that made Cassandra chuckle.

"Your son is always telling me something important. He's a bright kid who has a big heart, and recently he started to let his walls down. You're a great parent, Mr. Creek," Cassandra said proudly.

My dad smiled and then moved towards her and gave her an unexpected kiss on the cheek. My eyes widen and I put my head back behind the wall. I didn't hear anything and I was hoping Cassandra wouldn't slap my dad for that stupid move! I stuck my head out and they were blushing madly.

"I-I-I'm sorry. It's just that you have nice puffy cheeks," my dad blurted and looked down. My jaw almost hit the floor as my eyes were going to jump out of my skull. When did my dad become shy? Was my dad always this shy around women?

"I-I-Its okay and thank you," Cassandra said and her cheeks grew redder. Come on, dad! Ask her! My dad cleared his throat and looked at Cassandra. He grabbed her face softly and I could feel my eyes widen again.

"Cassandra, would you like to go on a date with me?"

I waited for Cassandra to say something but my phone rang. I quickly grabbed it from my pocket and started pressing random buttons to make it shut up.

"Who's up there?" I froze stuck my head back behind the wall. I covered my mouth so they wouldn't hear my breathing.

"Yes," I heard Cassandra saying.

"What?" My dad said quizzically.

"I said yes. I would like to go on a date with you."

"Really?" he asked, and I wanted to punch my dad in the face. Of course she would, dad! She just said yes! I removed my hands from my mouth and a smile broke onto my face. I listened to them talk more and then the door slammed closed. I walked into my room and lied on my bed, staring at my ceiling. It was almost so dark, but the moon was shining in the sky and its light came into my room through my curtains beautifully.

My ceiling was also shining with glowing stars and some on the wall. I didn't want to get up because I was tired and I tried not to think about Rhett and Shane Nolan. I wanted to think about my dad and Cassandra. It was the first time my dad was actually shy and thrilled. He wasn't like this with Rachael.

Even though he smiled and laughed, he knew that wasn't the right woman for him. I was happy for my dad. I know I would've been pissed because I didn't want my dad to date anyone. But Eden was right, he has to move on. He would move on with Cassandra by his side. That was going to work with me. I closed my eyes and my phone beeped. I opened my eyes and saw that I had a new message. I opened it and read:

I'm coming over. I have 2 tell u something.  ~C 

It would've been helpful if he at least spelled correctly.