{12} The Woman

How dare my therapist ask me to tell her my family problems? I had no family problems. Everything was fine. Things may have changed, but I wasn't going to spill everything about my life. It's none of her business. I opened the front door and walked into the kitchen to grab something to drink when I saw my dad with another woman. I froze and narrowed my eyes at them.

"Dad..." I said slowly. He looked at me with a huge smile on his face. He hasn't smiled like that since forever, especially when mom was here.

"Hey Zayden," he said happily. I raised an eyebrow to the woman who was next to him. He looked behind him and realization spark in his eyes. "Oh, Zayden this is Rachael. Rachael this is Zayden, my son."

"You have two sons? No girls?" The woman asked. I knew only her name but I didn't like her. I knew I judged her quickly but I didn't understand why she was there.

"Oh, I forgot to mention that," my dad said, scratching his head. He forgot to mention that he has two sons? Was he taking his pills?

"Dad," I said slowly. I didn't want to be angry at him. He looked at me again with happy eyes. "Who is she?"

"I told you who she is. Her name is-"

"I know her name but why is she here?" I cut him off, glaring at him. The woman put her cup on the kitchen counter and grabbed her purse.

"I think I should be going," she said. My dad grabbed her arm softly and whispered something in her ear. Why was he touching her? Mom might come home any minute.!The woman glanced at me before nodding her head and hugging my dad. I was glaring at her and she knew I was glaring at her because when she walked past, she didn't say bye or look at me.

When I heard the door slam shut, I exploded. "What the hell was that? Who is she? Is she your new wife?"

It looked like someone slapped him on the face. I never burst at him. I only burst at Eden because he mostly got on my nerves but my dad officially pissed me off. I didn't care if I sounded rude but why would he bring a woman that Eden and I didn't know?

"She's no one, Zayden," my dad said, looking away from me.

I snorted and crossed my arms. "Bullshit."

His neck snapped and he was glaring at me. "No cursing in this house."

"I could give a FUCK about what you say. I want to know who the hell she is."

My dad hated when we cursed. He told us he never cursed in his life but I find that hard to believe because someday he might have curse but can't remember when. My dad rolled his neck, bones cracking. He wasn't old or small. He was a tall, buff guy and he wanted everyone to behave. When he cracked his neck that meant he was trying to control his anger.

"She is a friend," he told me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the fridge to grab a soda. I opened it and took a sip. Why didn't I believe him?

"Mom is going to be pissed," I said nonchalantly. His reaction shocked me. He shrugged his shoulders and walked to the living room. I couldn't believe he brushed it off like it was nothing. Didn't he know that mom was going to be pissed when I tell her? Did he even care?

I finished drinking my soda and threw it in the garbage. I walked upstairs to my room and slammed the door shut. I was angry, surprised, sad, and other emotions I couldn't figure out. I took my book bag and grabbed my sketch pad.

I put my book bag on the floor and sat on my bed looking at the window. What could I draw? Should I draw myself punching or chocking him? Too detailed. And that's murder. I don't want him dead. Maybe hurting the woman but that would be weird.

I groaned and ran a hand over my face. I didn't know how I felt. I turned to a new page. I took a pencil out of my pocket and stared at the white paper. I sighed tiredly and drew something that made me calm.

♀♣♪

I yawned when my therapist looked at my drawing. I didn't know what she thought about my drawing but I was happy with it and a little bit disgusted. Why did I draw that? Why did it made me so calm?

"Z-Zayden, t-this is amazing! I never thought-this is just wow!" My therapist exclaimed. I felt a twitch on my lips and I yawned again. I didn't sleep yesterday. I was focused on the drawing that if I made one mistake, I would re-do it all. My mom was worried in the morning because I had bags under my eyes and I didn't eat yesterday. I glared at my dad the entire morning and he avoided my glares. Eden knew something was up but didn't question it.

"I sense you were calm drawing this...am I correct?" My therapist said writing in her little notebook. I nodded and she sighed. "What's wrong?"

"I didn't sleep yesterday," I said tiredly. She nodded and went to her desk and took out something long and black. She walked towards me and laid the blanket on me.

"What...are you...doing?" I asked. I opened my eyes, trying to not fall asleep. She smiled and my vision was starting to get blurry.

"Don't worry we can do this tomorrow. I'll wake you up when it's time to go." Her voice and face fading into the darkness. I nodded slowly and let my eyes fall.

That was probably the best sleep I had in a while.