{25} Hanging Out With Rhett: Part III

Sorry I took so long to upload! I had to do other stuff and I came up with 4 new stories but I have others that will come when I'm done with these. Hope you enjoy this!

~~~~

Rhett walks in front of me and I stand there. What does he mean "You’re something more to me"? You don't even know me! And I don't know you! Why did I say yes when I knew he was going to say stuff that I don't understand? I groan and I walk in Rhett's house.

He has an amazing place. The living room is connect to the kitchen and there are stairs next to the living room. I take off my shoes and slowly walk to the kitchen. Rhett was eating an apple and woman was cooking something. I sniff the air and it smell like heaven! It smells like...chocolate chip cookies! Rhett smiles and swallows.

"Mom, I want you to meet Zayden. He's a friend of mine," Rhett said bumping his shoulder onto hers.

She looks up and she beams. "You are so adorable and tiny! Now I know why my son-"

Rhett covers his mom mouths as she kept talking but it now she was mumbling.

"Yeah she talks a lot and say the more random stuff," Rhett said and laugh nervously.

I raise an eyebrow and stand away from them. Rhett lets go of his mom mouth and she had the biggest smile on her face.

"What's your name again, sweetie?" She said going to the fridge. She takes out milk and I couldn’t focus because of the smell of cookies.

"Um..Zayden, miss," I said and glance at Rhett. He was still biting on his apple and I sigh.

"What's wrong, Zayden?" Rhett's mom asks. I didn't want her to worry about me and I need to respect her. I know I don't respect my therapist and she's an adult, but if I do something bad she'll be disappoint.

I smile politely and said "Nothing, miss."

Rhett chocks and I quickly go to him and pat him on his back. "Are you okay?" I said when he stop chocking. He nods slowly and wipes his mouth with his sweater.

"I'm fine, Zayden. Don't worry," he said with a smirk on his face.

I glare at him and stop patting his back. "I wasn't worried, I didn't want you to chock-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because Rhett's mom giggles. I would be freaked out but she looks like a kind woman and I don't want to hurt her heart. Rhett glares at her and Rhett's mom shuts her mouth. Okay...this is getting weird.

"Tell me, Zayden. How did you meet my son?" Rhett's mom said.

She sits on the kitchen chair and I follow her. Rhett sits next to me but too close. I glance at Rhett and he look nervous.

"Well," I smile, "Rhett was being nice since I'm the new kid and he talk to me first."

Rhett's mom raise an eyebrow. "New?" Oh fuck. I shouldn't have told her I was new.

"Yeah, mom he's new," Rhett added.

"But you told me he's-"

"Mom!"

While they were arguing I decide to examine Rhett's mom. She has dark brown hair, baby blue eyes, and she looks in her 20s but probably she's 30-40. She kinda acts like Rhett but when its something serious, she'll quickly turn focus and make things right. I clear my throat and they both stop arguing and look at me.

"I think your cookies are burning..." I said. Rhett's mom gasps and quickly opens the oven and black smoke appeared. We cough and I quickly jump to chair and open the front door. Once the black smoke was gone I close the door and walk back into the kitchen. Rhett and his mom both stare at the cookies and Rhett pick up one and takes a bite to of it. I pat him on the back and his mom slaps him on his head.