{38} Beaten Eden

I didn't go to Eden's room to check on him. I walked straight to my room and jumped on my bed staring at the ceiling. All of those actions were giving me a headache and I wanted all of it to stop. But how? Rhett was cutting himself. Crevan made a bet with his stupid friends. 

Alexandria was cheating on Rhett. Dad was heartbroken because of that woman, and mom didn't care if dad was cheating on her. Eden liked his bully who was a boy, and my therapist had to give her baby away. I didn't know who to talk to, besides my therapist, and I needed someone else to talk to.

There was a knock on my door and I sighed as I was taken back from my thought. "Get in," I said

"Zayden?" It was Eden.

I sat up and frowned at him. "What do you want, Eden?"

I regretted saying that because his face was messed up. He had a black eye on his right eye, a busted lip, his cheek was black, and I thought there was more on his body at the way he was standing.

"Holy shit, Eden. Who the fuck did this to you? I'm going to beat the living shit out of that guy," I said angrily and walked over to him. He looked down and I sighed. I grabbed his hand and we went to the bathroom. I grabbed a paper towel, alcohol, and band-aids. I ducked his head up gently and softly put alcohol on his busted lip.

He hissed and I frowned. "I'm serious, Eden. Who did that to you? Was it your bully?"

He didn't say anything and he kept looking around me. It was his bully. Why would he do that to Eden? Why did he have to bully him when there were other kids? What did Eden do to that kid that made him beat him up?

"He's a bully, Zayden. Of course he's going to do this to me," Eden whispered and I shook my head. I softly pressed the paper towel with alcohol on his cheek and he didn't react.

"It’s like you want him to hit you. Haven't you told your teachers about it?"

He glared at me and pursed his lips. "I don't let him hit me and the teachers don't give a shit. All they do is teach and that's it. They don't give a shit about anyone."

I glared back and pressed it harder on his cheek. "Ouch! What the hell, Zayden?"

"That's for cursing, asshole. Stop cursing. You’re still a baby."

He rolled his eyes and jumped on the sink. "Whatever."

I chuckled and put Dora band-aids on his cheek and a little bit of alcohol. I told him to check out the band-aid on his cheek and he did.

"Aw man! Zayden! I don't want Dora the Explorer on my cheek! People will make fun of me!"

I chuckled and flickered his nose softly. "That's what you get for cursing, Eden."

He crossed his arms and I pulled him to the kitchen. I took out a vegetable bag and slammed it to his right eye. "Keep it on your eye. I don't want mom or dad to see you like this."

He nodded but couldn't keep his big mouth shut. "Why did you slam it to my eye? You could have done it softly."

I rolled my eyes and took out cups for the both of us and grabbed something to drink.

"What's wrong?" Eden said and took a sip of his soda.

I raised an eyebrow and said "What do you mean? I'm fine."

He rolled his eyes and pointed his finger at me. "I can tell, even if there are no marks on your face. Something is up with you and I know it has to deal with that boy you keep thinking about."

I hated when Eden knew something was wrong with me. It made me mad that I couldn't hide my feelings away from him but we do have the same situation. Sort of...I sighed and started telling him with me meeting Rhett. 

~~~~

After exactly forty five minutes, Eden had his mouth opened as he stared at me, I shook my head and I closed it for him. At that moment, Eden knew everything about what was going in my school and I was just curious to hear about him. Silently I hope it wasn't as messed up as mine. After all he was only thirteen.

"Don't tell mom or dad, yet. I want to tell them, and I don't them to hear it from someone else, okay?" I said and pushed the vegetable bag. He hissed and nodded and took a sip from his soda. I sighed in relief and continued drinking my soda with Eden. And for a moment, I figured out that talking with Eden wasn't so bad...