{60} Cookies

When I finally got home, I didn't hear my dad's or that woman voice. I guessed they went out.

Whatever.

I went to the kitchen to grab something to drink because I didn't feel like eating. I walked upstairs to my room and sat down on the left of my bed, looking out of the window. I wrapped myself with Rhett's jacket and stared at the sun. It was day time and the wind was picking up quickly. The radiator wasn't on and my dad told me and Eden not to touch it until he's home. I snorted and blew into my hands to warm them up.

I needed to stop thinking about my dad. He and Alexandrina were the last people I wanted to think about. I heard my door opened and I remained staring at the window.

"Hey Zayden," Eden said and sat next to me. I looked away from the window, but still I didn't meet his eyes, I just started to the wall. I didn't want to talk to him. He got me pissed off about mom. I heard his sigh and I felt him move.

"You want to make cookies?" he asked, and I felt my heart speed up when he mentioned the cookies. Eden knew me so well, and he knew that my weakness was the cookies or other sweets. Yeah, you can say that I was a sweet-tooth. I don't mind. I glanced at him and he had a stupid smile on his face. He knew what I was thinking. I couldn't say no to cookies. I sighed and got up, walking to the door.

"I hate you sometimes," I said as I went out of the door, then he laughed and ran in front of me. In the kitchen, there was a bowl, cookie dough, eggs, and milk on the kitchen table.

I raised an eyebrow and asked "What else are we making?"

He smiled at me while he washed his hands in the sink. "I thought cookies weren't good enough, so I thought we should make brownies or even a cake with them."

I glared playful at him and his smile widened. I washed my hands when he was done and as I was cracking the eggs, the door bells rang.

"I'll get it!" Eden screamed and ran to the door. I chuckled and continued cracking the eggs. Eden was happy when the door bells rings. He wanted to answer it and I knew that he secretly hoped it was pizza or candy. I heard whispers and heavy footsteps coming to the kitchen.

"Hey, Zayden! Look who came!" Eden said, and I hoped it wasn't Cade. I looked up and my eyes widened. He smiled sweetly and his eyes examined what I was wearing. I looked down and noticed that I was wearing an apron. It was a pink and it had flowers on it. I hated it but my mom loved it, and I was wearing it because I just missed her. I quickly took it off and I felt my cheeks heated up.

"Um, Rhett, what are you doing here?" I said, glaring at Eden. He smirked and gave me a thumb up. I rolled my eyes and went back to cracking eggs.

"Um, Eden, invited me," Rhett said. He sounded breathless, like is he was running.

"Why?"

"Because I wanted you guys to make up." Eden said and tried so hard to keep his face straight, because I've almost dropped the bowl when he said that. I heard Rhett clearing his throat and I knew Eden was enjoying that to the maximum. I looked at them and sighed. I was going to get Eden back.

"Are you guys going to stand there or what?" I asked them, they both started moving in the same time. For a second they didn't know what to do, but then Eden turned the oven on, but then Rhett took a step back and kept standing near the door.

"Dude, its fine. You can come in," I said and chuckled. He gave me a small smile and my lips twitched.

~~~~

Eden, Rhett, and I had a blast making those cookies, brownies, and the cake. All of them were chocolate. I didn't want to moan whenever I took a bite of them and they melt in my mouth. That would've been super awkward for all of us. Eden and I fought over whom was going to lick the spoon and Rhett made us take turns.

I knew Rhett was shocked that I was laughing and smiling more than he has ever seen. Basically, he has never seen that side of me. I was always afraid to let him see that side because he was going to tell his idiot friends, but after what happened recently and how he told me that I could trust him, and after I saw how he cared for me, there was nothing left for me to be afraid of.

"Are you serious? Batman is the big deal, dude! Batman has no powers and he's just awesome!" Eden exclaimed.

We were talking about what character was the best. Superman, Batman, or Spiderman. Eden and I fought over who's the best superhero before and he has always stuck with Batman.

I rolled my eyes and drank my milk. "Spiderman has cool webs! He has a dark side which makes him even cooler." I explained.

"Superman is a beast. He's an alien and he has x-ray vision," Rhett confessed, Eden and I snorted and shook our heads. We knew Superman sucked. He has always been in the bottom of the bottom for us.

"Batman has a Batmobile and has these cool gadgets! How can you not like Batman?" Eden almost screamed.

"Because he sucks?" I said as a question. I chuckled when Eden threw daggers at me. I got up to get more milk. I sat back in my chair and ate more cookies. I stared at Rhett and Ede as they talked about video games. Eden didn't like strangers but he seemed really comfortable around Rhett. When strangers came over, Eden used to stay quiet and stay by my side. I got up again to clean the dishes. Why has Eden called Rhett? Did he want us to hang out and get to know each other?

I should've been mad at Eden for pissing me off, but Eden was trying to make me forgive him. But the fact was that I've already forgave him when we started making the cookies. When I was done washing the dishes, I turned around and saw Rhett getting up and walking towards me. I panicked a little bit but then he went to the fridge and I calmed down. That was a relief. I sighed mentally and Rhett glanced at me before closing the fridge door.

"I could've helped you clean the dishes," he said as he put the juice on the kitchen table.

"Nah, its fine. I usually clean the dishes when my parents aren't home and when Eden is too lazy to do it himself," I said and looked at Eden.

He put his hands in surrender and shrugged. "Not my fault. I hate cleaning." I chuckled and looked back at Rhett who was staring at me in a weird way.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

He took a step closer to me and his face was closer to mine than before, and I stared to panic again. What was he doing? I felt his cold breath on my face and my hands started to sweat. I stared at his eyes and they were full with something I couldn't put my fingers on. What the hell was he doing? Was he trying to hypnotize me or something? Because it was working.

Then I felt something wet and warm on my lower lip and then on my lips and then into my mouth. The wet and warm thing went away and all I felt was warm lips. My eyes were the size of an elephant. Was Rhett kissing me? I looked down and almost gasped. Rhett was kissing me! I looked at Eden and his mouth was opened. What the hell was I supposed to do? Was I supposed to knee him in the balls? Or push him away? Or maybe just wait until he's done and then slap him across the face?

But I didn't want to do anything of that stuff to him, I only noticed how soft and a little chapped his lips were and I waited. I shut my eyes, made my hands into a fist and waited for more. I felt two warm hands on my face and I relaxed. That feels nice. My lips turned into a smile and his lips were on my teeth. I opened my eyes, to find his eyes opened and they were scared but filled with joy.

When he saw the smile on my face, he pulled away a little bit and smiled. "You had a little bit of chocolate on your lip," he whispered.

I wanted to say why haven't you told me, but instead I said "Thanks...I guess."

His smile widened. And when he was going to kiss me again, I heard someone's voice that made my smile disappear.

"Zayden?" My dad said.