{67} Kisses And Holding Hands

Rhett let me cry on his shoulder and I felt fatigue and defeated. I wrapped my arms around him and hold tightly, I was so sad, and it felt like my mother just has passed away. I missed her so much, and it broke my heart just to think that I wouldn't be ever able to touch her again, or hear her laughs.

I didn't want to tell Rhett that I was seeing my mom, while she's dead and the worst part was that I couldn't believe that she was gone for good. Okay, I need to stop soaking Rhett's shirt. He might be pretty pissed and plus I was getting a headache. I slowly removed my face from Rhett's shoulder and wiped my eyes.

"I'm sorry about your shirt," I whispered.

He chuckled and shrugged. "No biggie. I didn't like the shirt anyways," he said.

"Why wear it then?"

"I was trying to look good for you." I blushed as he gave me a sheepish smile.

"Do you think your dad would let us date?"

I blinked and I felt my cheek get redder. "W-what? We are never going to date!"

"I would've believed you, but not after the way you kissed me."

"You kissed me! I didn't ask for a kiss!"

"But you smiled into it."

I covered my face with hands and groaned. He was right. I did kiss into the kiss and it felt nice. He took my first kiss but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I had better ones," I said and removed my hands from my face.  His eyes flashed something and I gave him a small smirk.

"Really?" He asked, trying not to care.

I nodded and my smirk widen. "Yeah, she was great at it. You were okay." I tried to hide the laugh that was coming.

"Oh okay." Rhett said and shrugged his shoulder. I could tell he was jealous. The way his lips were into a frown and his eyes avoided mine.

"And she had softest lips I have ever-" I didn't get to finish when lips were smashed into mine. My eyes widened and Rhett's eyes were shut. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer. I grabbed his face and pulled him closer. His eyes snapped opened and they were filled with shocked. I guessed he never thought I would kiss back.  There wasn't much movement because I didn't know what I was supposed to do when someone kissed me. I've never thought someone would kiss me in the first place.

I pulled away a little bit, feeling his warm breath pushing against my cheek. I looked down and fiddled with my hands. That kiss was too nice. He shouldn't have kissed me. I should've pushed him away but...I didn't. I guessed my feelings for Rhett has grown.

"I'm sorry. I-I-I shouldn't h-have done that. Oh god you hate me now, don't you? You want me to leave so you can think about the kiss? I-I mean about what I did? Dammit! I'm such an idiot! Fuck!" he blurted and I couldn't hold it anymore. I burst out laughing. While I was laughing, Rhett looked at me confused and that made me laugh harder.

"Y-y-you should h-h-hear yourself!" I screamed and then gasped. Rhett looked annoyed but then he smiled. He grabbed my face and pecked my lips, silencing me.

"You have a beautiful laugh," he said and grabbed my hands. I looked at them and then back at Rhett.

"Thanks, I guess," I said and he chuckled.

"Zayden! Dinner is ready!" I groaned and looked at the door. Thanks for ruining the moment dad.

"I didn't know you wanted to be with me forever," Rhett said and flashed me a small smirk. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"In your dreams," I said and I opened the door to see Eden and Cade standing there. Eden was whistling while Cade checking his phone.

"You know it's bad eavesdropping right?" I said and raised an eyebrow. They snapped their eyes to me and Eden blushed while Cade smirked.

"We weren't eavesdropping. We were here to tell you that dad called us," Eden said and looked behind me. I turned around to see a chest in front of me. I looked up and Rhett stared down at me.

"I'll give you ten bucks not to tell dad what we were doing," I said looking back at Eden who I was now glaring at. Eden smiled and extended his hand in front of me. I sighed and went into my pocket to get my wallet.

"Next time, it'll be twenty bucks," Eden said and Cade grabbed Eden's hand.

I raised an eyebrow and smirk started to form. "Looks like I won't be telling dad this if you give me ten bucks." Eden let go of Cade's hand and blushed again. Cade shook his head while smiling.

"Zayden! Eden! Get down here now!" We jumped and rushed downstairs.