{18} Don't Look Back

That damn woman thought she can come over to our house anytime she wanted? Hell no. She wasn't my mother. And how could my mom be calm when she saw dad bringing another woman over to our house while we were eating dinner? Doesn't my dad see Eden and I don't like that woman? I could hardly say the woman's name for god sake! She made me so angry I felt like punching her face until she looked good looking.

I groaned when the sunlight burnt my eyes. I put my hood on and looked around the lunch room. I stopped when I saw Alexandria laughing and talking to her friend while Rhett looked bored. Why was he bored? He should be happy or kissing Alexandria because they were dating. I groaned angrily when I thought of them dating. They disgusted me. I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I quickly grabbed it and twisted it.

"Ouch! Zayden it's me!"

I sighed and let go. I looked up to see Crevan rubbing his hand. "Oh it's you," I said tiredly.

He smirked and sat on the other side of the table. "What? You're not happy to see me?"

I frowned and pulled my hood closer. "No, not really."

His smirk faded a little bit and it seemed like I hurt his feelings. I told him the truth; he shouldn't be hurt. "What's wrong?" 

I raised an eyebrow and looked away from him. He didn't need to know I didn't sleep yesterday because my dad was having sex with that woman.

Yes, they did it and I was pissed as hell. I wanted to scream at my dad for having sex with another woman and my mom didn't even know about it. She had to go to work since someone got hurt. My mom was a nurse and she loved her job. I hated it because of the smell of death, blood, needles, and other things that made me sick.

"You don't have to tell me, but it would be nice if you did," he said. I looked back at him and then took out my sketch pad. "Do you always draw?"

"Do you always ask questions?" I snapped. Couldn't he shut up? Why was he talking to me when he should be at the popular table?

He put his hands in surrender and smirked. "Only to the people I like."

When he said that, I felt like jumping on the table and screaming out "Yeah bitches! He likes me!"But it wasn't right. Did he like me in a romantic way or in a friendly way? I don't have anything against gays but we won't fit.

"Thanks?" I said more like a question.

He chuckled and moves closer to me. "Anyways, are you okay?"

I snorted and grabbed my pencil from my book bag. "Why?"

I felt his leg bump mine and his breath on my neck. The hair on my neck stood from the heat. Butterflies erupted in my stomach; my hands got sweating, and my heart started beating rapidly.

"I care about you, Zayden," Crevan whispered seductively. I felt the heat move away and I turned around to look at him. I let out some breaths trying to calm down my heart and wiped my sweaty hands on my pants.

He had his head down and without thinking I asked, "What's wrong?"

He looked up and smiled cockily. "I didn't know you were concerned about me."

I glared at him and scoffed. "I wouldn't be concerned about you if you were the last person on earth."

"Are you saying you would not stay with me if we're the last people on earth?"

I smirked and crossed my arms. "Depends on what we're doing."

His smirk turned into a smile and he crossed his arms. "What would that be?"

I pretended to think and gasped when I got an idea. "We can play Laser Tag and whoever wins buys both each other ice cream."

He rubbed his chin and looked around. I felt my lips twitch because I wanted to laugh at the way he was doing it.

"Deal. When should we go?"

I blinked and uncrossed my arms. "What?" 

He looked at me and said slowly, "Deal. When should we go?"

Was he serious? I was only joking, which was rare because I hardly joke around with someone besides Eden and mom.

"No," I said simply.

He blinked and it looked like someone slapped him hard. "What?" 

I rolled my eyes and gathered my stuff. "No. I don't want to go." I got up and put my sketch pad in my book bag.

He got up also and titled his head. "I don't understand. I thought you wanted to play Laser Tag with me."

I glared at him and put my book bag over my shoulder. "I will never go somewhere with you."

The bell rang and I shook my head and walked away.

 Don't look back.

Don't look back.

Don't look back.

I glanced behind and saw Crevan with his head down. I felt like my heart broke into a million of pieces. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. I need to see my therapist right now.