{2} My Therapist

My therapist wasn't mean. Though she was the most annoying, naive, childish person I have ever met. Eden was more mature than her, and I kind of wished that Eden was naive and immature. He was already annoying, and I didn't want more people to annoy me.

She had long red hair, twenty-six, dark green eyes, and had a fantastic smile. But my mom had the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. No smile in the world would ever be as beautiful as my mother's.

I waited patiently for my therapist to start asking pointless questions and what she used to do every single time I went to her, every day, always the same. I didn't call my therapist by her name because I only do that if I'm close to the person. It felt weird calling someone by their name if you don't know them very well.

I looked around the room and noticed how dull it was. There weren't any pictures or posters on the walls. Even the color was more tired — dark green. Like the color of her eyes, but those two, there was nothing dull about them, there were emotions. There was only a flower on her desk and scattered papers. I tapped my foot on the carpet and looked at my nails and started nibbling at them. It wasn't a habit, but I was bored and wanted to get out of here to see Eden.

"Sorry, Zayden. I had to see another student," my therapist said while getting her clipboard. She sat down on a chair that was in front of me, so we were on the same level, looking at each other, face-to-face. "So, how are you feeling today?"

I nodded my head and bit my thumbnail. "I'm doing well."

My therapist narrowed her eyes and put her clipboard on a small table that was next to her. "Are you sure, Zayden? You seem...stressed."

I'm always stressed. I thought silently. "As I said, I'm doing well. Can I go now?" I said, glaring at her. She didn't flinch from my glare.

I sighed and leaned back on the chair I was sitting on.

"What do you want from me?" I whispered. I would love to get out of here. I don't know why I'm here. I'm a normal kid. I'm a normal kid. Normal.

"Zayden?" I blinked, and my therapist had a worried look on her face. Nobody looks at me like that, only my family..."Are you okay?" She asked.

Why does everyone ask me that? I'm fine. I'm a normal kid, that's all. I have a normal life. Everything is normal.

"Zayden, all I'm asking from you is to talk to me. I can help you."

The only person who can help me is my mother, which I need to see now and Eden.

"I'm normal. That's it. I'm a normal kid that has everything normal," I said while getting up from the chair and grabbing my book bag and walking towards the door.

My therapist's voice stopped me from opening the door."If you're normal, then why are you here?"

I stopped breathing for a moment. Why am I here? I'm fine. I don't need to go to therapy. But why did my dad send me there?

"I don't know," I whispered, replying to my questions and hers. Then I opened the door and left the school therapy.