{39} Nightmare

I wanna thank her for dedicating a chapter to me! Thanks again! ^_^

~~~~

 I waved to Eden and walked to my room. I told him everything that has been going on in my school and I felt pretty good after talking with him and taking all that shit out of my system. I thought he was going to say something smart, or shock me with one of his sassy comments, but he didn't. He was shocked and he understood -we understood- what we both were going through. We both had boys-troubles when we were supposed to have girls- troubles.

I walked to my bathroom and changed to get ready for sleep. I walked out of the bathroom and almost had a mini heart attack when I saw a figure standing in front of my window.

"Shit, Eden, I thought you were sleeping already. You could've knocked instead of scaring the shit out of me like that!" I said and walk towards the figure. As I was going to touch Eden's shoulder, I noticed the figure was taller than me. I took a step back and my heart started beating rapidly. That was not Eden. Eden wasn't tall and was not wearing a jacket when I've left him in his room. The figure slowly turned around and I put my hand over my chest.

"Rhett what are you doing here? Holy shit," I said and gripped my shirt. I gulped and he didn't say anything. What the hell was wrong with him? Why wasn't he saying anything? Why was he there in the first place?

I couldn't see his face very well because it was dark, but the moon was lightening the room a little and I only saw his right side. I quickly turned on the light and my eyes widened. Rhett's face was pale, his hands and clothes were covered with blood, he was holding a small razor, and blood was sliding down on his wrist to the floor.

"You did this to me, Zayden," he said and walked slowly to me.

I shook my head and covered my ears, "No, I didn't. Shut up, Rhett. I didn't do this to you," I said and tears started to swell in my eyes.

He tilted his head and put the razor on his wrist. I closeed my eyes and tried to think of something happy. Rhett wasn't doing that. He wasn't walking towards me with a razor in his hand. He wasn't cutting. That was a joke. It had to be. I felt a presence in front of me and I was too scared to open my eyes. I thought he wasn't there anymore so I took my hands off my ears. Big mistake.

"Open your eyes, Zayden. I think you want to see this," Rhett whispered in my ear. His breath smelled of death and it felt cold. Was he dead? I took him to the nurse's office and met Ms. London. I shook my head and felt something cold run down my cheek.

"No, I can't," I whispered back and tried to control my tears. I couldn't cry. Not in front of Rhett. "Open your fucking eyes!" I jumped and snapped my eyes open but I look down quickly. I've never heard Rhett cursing before. He has always been a calm guy who would never do harm to anyone. Why was he doing that to me? Did Ms. London do something to him? Why was he acting like that?

A cold hand touched my chin and slowly lifted my chin up. I looked in his grey eyes and they were cold and lifeless. "No! No! He can't be dead!" I said to myself. His eyes were brown, not grey. I swallowed my cries and tried not to think that Rhett was dead. He was alive and I was with him.

"You should've stayed with me, Zayden. Why didn't you?" He asked sadly and held my chin tighter. I hissed and tried to look away but I wasn't strong enough to yank his hand off.

"I couldn't. I saw blood and it freaked me out. I'm sorry, Rhett," I cried.

"You should've stayed, Zayden. I died because of you."

"I'm sorry!" How many times did I have to say sorry? Did he believe me? I said I'm sorry for screaming at you. I'm sorry for being mean to you. I'm mostly sorry that I didn't say I was sorry for staying with you when you were in pain. I'm sorry.

""Time's up, Zayden. I'm dead and you will, too." My eyes widened and I saw him put the razor on my stomach. I groaned and clutched his shoulder. I didn't feel anything but then I felt a dull throbbing. He pushed it deeper and I gasped. After I realized Rhett stabbed me with his razor, I felt my senses. I heard Eden's voice and it sounded like he was in panic.

"Nighty night, Zayden," Rhett whispered in my ear and I felt my eyes dropping. I was dying and the one person who was nice to me was the one who killed me. I couldn't just stand there and let my eyes drop until I see blackness. I needed to do something. I gripped Rhett's shoulder tighter and screamed as loud as I could.  

~~~~

"Zayden!" 

I snapped my eyes open and sit up quickly. I looked around and I felt pain on my stomach. I looked to see Eden, my mom, and my dad staring at me. I blinked from the brightness and it was from my lamp. I looked at my window and it was still night time.

"What's going on?" I said and clear my throat. It felt dry and sore. My mom gives me a glass of water and I drink it quickly. I wipe my mouth with my hand and look at them. I'm surprise my dad is here when he should be with that woman. Oh right. She broke up with him and that's not the only thing she broke.

"You were screaming your lungs out," Eden said and his grey eyes worried. I thought back of Rhett's eyes and shake my head.

"What happened?" I said and push my covers away from me. The pain on my stomach was unbearable. I remembered Rhett stabbed and I slowly lift my shirt up to see...nothing. I sigh and put my shirt back down.

"It was all a dream," I mumble to myself.

"What?" My mom said quizzically.

I look up and give them a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, don't worry. I just had a bad dream."

Eden snorts. "More like a nightmare."

"Eden go in your room!" My dad barks and points to my door. He glares at him before stomping out of my room.

"Are you sure, Zayden? You was screaming a lot and you kept saying sorry and a boy's name," my mom said and rubs my head. I nod and hug my mom.

"Don't worry, it was a bad dream. Go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

She nods and walked out of the room. My dad didn't follow her and I glare at him. He clear his throat and was about to pat my head but I moved out of the way. He looks hurt by that and I wanted to say something but he left. I sigh and drop on my bed. Eden is right. It was a nightmare instead of a dream.